Pc making too much noise/ getting too hot?

Discussion in 'Computer Hardware, Devices and Accessories' started by darklink801, Apr 7, 2013.

Apr 7, 2013
  1. darklink801
    OP

Newcomer darklink801 Advanced Member

Netherlands
    Hello tempers!

I bought myself a Desktop around a year back(?). and haven't had problems with it till now.
    Whenever I play SMITE/ Loadout ( 2 decently graphics using games) My cpu get's all hot and starts making massive noise.
    SMITE is just loads of noise and pretty easy to forget
    Loadout makes the fans go in overdrive or something and the sound is agonizing T_T.

I've been wondering why this happens because I meet the requirements and I can play other games with harsher requirements with no problem...
    Does anyone here have any idea?

2. Bake

Member Bake GBAtemp Regular

Croatia
    I'm no expert but it could be that your fan isn't working properly. I had exact same issues. After only year of using it, it started making loud noises and would become very hot and sometimes turn itself off.

Could also be just the dust inside.

3. Sicklyboy

Global Moderator Sicklyboy Resident Mechanical Keyboard Addict

United States
    Specs of computer?

You could try -
    cleaning fans/heatsink of cpu/gpu
    Better cooling on said components (bigger cooler/water cooler)
    Better case airflow (intake and exhaust)
    removing heatsinks and repasting them

4. Rydian

Member Rydian Resident Furvert™

Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
    United States
  5. darklink801
    OP

Netherlands
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

And the CPU is the one that heats up realllyyy badly during some games.. not all games tho... I could play skyrim ultra without problems but SMITE medium gives me 60-65 for my cpu... loadout makes it so hot that the fans go overdrive modus after awhile..

6. Rydian

Member Rydian Resident Furvert™

Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
    United States
    Where are you seeing the heat numbers?

7. Originality

Member Originality Chibi-neko

United Kingdom
    After answering Rydian, you can also tell us what you've got cooling your CPU. Is it a stock Intel cooler, or an after market cooler? Also, have you ever taken the cooler off the CPU?

8. darklink801
    OP

Netherlands
    I've seen them in all kinds of heat measuring software * Specify, and a few more scary looking things my mom's collega installed when he came to look at it*
    I got told it's not that big of a problem when it gets round 65 just to not let it get higher than that. but the sound just irritates the crap out of me especcialy when I know that higher end games work without it.

It's the standard intel stock cooler but as mentioned above with games that need more AFAIK the cpu doesn't turn up. It tends to turn up in heavily cell shaded cartoonish games..

9. Originality

Member Originality Chibi-neko

United Kingdom
    Ok. As mentioned, those temperatures aren't really anything to be alarmed about. High, but not extreme.

The noise is caused by the stock Intel fan. A combination of dust on the fins and the bearings wearing out cause vibration, which when coupled with the high speed motor it uses, makes a lot of noise. This is one of the reasons I keep getting people to buy Arctic Freezer coolers - they're cheap but make much less noise. Thisnisnalso what I recommend to you - get an after market cooler like the Arctic Freezer 7 or i30 or maybe even something better like the Gelid Tranquillo. And also, make sure to get some good thermal paste and cleaning solvent.

10. darklink801
    OP

Netherlands
    Aaah okayy thanks for the info :3.