Paul Walker dead at 40

gokujr1000

Trophies
Website
steamcommunity.com
XP
Country
The FnF series is my favorite series of strict-action movies, sucks that he had to go so early. I just hope his death doesn't bring the FnF franchise to come to a close, hopefully the writers can respectfully work their way around his passing.

#2Fast2Soon

Pedeadstrian

GBAtemp's Official frill-necked lizard.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Minus the fact that he wasn't driving, that's a shitty and unoriginal joke considering it's been spread across sites and twitter and facebook since news first broke.
1) Because someone said something before, that makes every other instance of the aforementioned unoriginal?
2) 0.8% of the US population dies every year (the same percentage is seen in Canada if that makes you more interested). Doing the math, that means on average, 6880 people die every day in the U.S. alone (roughly a tenth of that for Canada). Why should I care about this one particular guy?

I'm sure some people mourned Osama's death, too. Does that mean I should respect their feelings? After all, both of them are known for making bad movies.

ShadowSoldier

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
1) Because someone said something before, that makes every other instance of the aforementioned unoriginal?
2) 0.8% of the US population dies every year (the same percentage is seen in Canada if that makes you more interested). Doing the math, that means on average, 6880 people die every day in the U.S. alone (roughly a tenth of that for Canada). Why should I care about this one particular guy?

I'm sure some people mourned Osama's death, too. Does that mean I should respect their feelings? After all, both of them are known for making bad movies.

Then why bother posting at all aside from increasing your post count? :/

Xexyz

GBATemp's™ Official Xexyz
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

1.78 deaths per second
107 deaths per minute
6,390 deaths per hour
153,000 deaths per day
56.0 million deaths per year
3.9 billion deaths per average lifetime (70 years)

2ndApex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

There you have it kids, Paul Walker = Osama Bin Ladin

Instead of using false equivalency to play edgy on a Gameboy forum why don't you grow the fuck up and pretend to have some decency? Osama died in hiding after killing thousands of people, Paul Walker died going from a charity for the typhoon in Haiyan, among a lot of other ones he did in his life. You only knowing him as an actor in an unenjoyable movie in your eyes doesn't make him the same to others, and it especially doesn't justify being an asshole to everyone else.

Hoping that this kind of shit would be avoided in a thread like this was probably wishful thinking :\

Reactions: Deleted-236924
D

Deleted User

Just gonna leave this here:
Embedded media from this media site is no longer available

Pedeadstrian

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
There you have it kids, Paul Walker = Osama Bin Ladin

Instead of using false equivalency to play edgy on a Gameboy forum why don't you grow the fuck up and pretend to have some decency? Osama died in hiding after killing thousands of people, Paul Walker died going from a charity for the typhoon in Haiyan, among a lot of other ones he did in his life. You only knowing him as an actor in an unenjoyable movie in your eyes doesn't make him the same to others, and it especially doesn't justify being an asshole to everyone else.

Hoping that this kind of shit would be avoided in a thread like this was probably wishful thinking :\
I just don't see the point mourning someone you don't even know. There's no need to get all personal. If you don't like my joke, then don't laugh and move on. But I'll refrain from making any more off-color jokes in this thread since apparently people don't like it.

Reactions: Deleted User

ShadowSoldier

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I just don't see the point mourning someone you don't even know. There's no need to get all personal. If you don't like my joke, then don't laugh and move on. But I'll refrain from making any more off-color jokes in this thread since apparently people don't like it.

A joke is supposed to be funny though :)

Reactions: Deleted-236924

T-hug

Always like this.
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
GBAtemp.net
XP
Some great movies you probably never saw starring Paul Walker:

Pawn Shop Chronicles
Hours
Vehicle 19
Takers
The Lazarus Project
Flags of Our Fathers
Eight Below
Joy Ride

RIP. I wonder if they'll still use his scenes in Fast 7 next year.

Lets keep the thread clean please guys.

Reactions: signz

Pedeadstrian

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
A joke is supposed to be funny though :)
It should. Too bad your PC master race thread missed that.

All jokes are subjective. Maybe I upset some people, but who cares? If I made at least one person laugh (not holding my breath), then upsetting the people here was worth it. Laughter is the best medicine after all. After vicodin.

MelodieOctavia

Just your friendly neighborhood Transbian.
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
yourmom.com
XP
Country
Djibouti

You may not have ever experienced this, but many people have: When you watch an actor star in some of your favorite movies through the years, you form somewhat of a personal bond with that actor. Call it admiration, obsession, respect, etc... Whatever you call it, almost everyone has that kind of feeling towards a movie or TV personality. None of us may know him personally, but some of us have essentially grown up watching his movies, and still watch them into adulthood. Whether you consider them good or bad movies, it's both subjective and a moot point. So, you may not see the point of it, but many people do. That's a fact, else there would be no such thing as fan clubs or online shrines dedicated to individual actors.

Just think a bit before you hit the "post reply" button. Just remember that statistically speaking, almost no one has the same thoughts and opinions that you do.

Pedeadstrian

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You may not have ever experienced this, but many people have: When you watch an actor star in some of your favorite movies through the years, you form somewhat of a personal bond with that actor. Call it admiration, obsession, respect, etc... Whatever you call it, almost everyone has that kind of feeling towards a movie or TV personality. None of us may know him personally, but some of us have essentially grown up watching his movies, and still watch them into adulthood. Whether you consider them good or bad movies, it's both subjective and a moot point. So, you may not see the point of it, but many people do. That's a fact, else there would be no such thing as fan clubs or online shrines dedicated to individual actors.

Just think a bit before you hit the "post reply" button. Just remember that statistically speaking, almost no one has the same thoughts and opinions that you do.

I have actually felt that way before. I still miss Leslie Nielsen. I guess my feelings about this guy's death were ruined by the first piece of news that I saw: a chick on Facebook saying "Such a shame, he was too cute to die." When you hear something like that, a part of you deep inside dies.

gman666

Cubicle Expert
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Wow! I literally watched his recent movie "Hours" on Friday night. The movie ended with him holding his baby on a stretcher and all I could think of was "why didn't they show a glimpse of him recovering? I hope he doesn't die" No bull. Pretty good movie. R.I.P Paul Walker. BTW sorry for the spoiler.

Satangel

BEAST
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Sad news, sad new. He still looks amazing and I've enjoyed much of his movies. He wasn't the best actor around, definitely not, but I've seen and enjoyed plenty of his movies (mainly Fast&Furious). Sad news, but I'll miss Leslie Nielsen & Heath Ledger more.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: See ya see ya later later