patchmii_core does not install

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by Screemer, Sep 21, 2008.

Sep 21, 2008

patchmii_core does not install by Screemer at 3:39 PM (5,503 Views / 0 Likes) 2 replies

1. Screemer
    OP

Member Screemer GBAtemp Maniac

Germany
    hi guys

as it is possible to watch dvds with the wii through mplayer and the dvdx-hb, i decided to try it out. because of the reason that i have a modchip installed (tried a regular installation and it did not work) i have to use the patchmii-installation of dvdx.

now i have a little problem with patchmii_core. the thing is, it does not install. i have no idea why.

it seams it is not able to download ios35 from the uds. but there is no error massage. it initializes the network and then telling me it is downloading the metadata. but nothing happens and after a few seconds i am kicked back to hbc. i had the same problem with cios patchmii installer and homebrew browser. but after i changed my wifi-channel to 1 or 11 those connected fine.

actually i should get something like this:
    maybe someone has a idea what the problem could be.

thx for your help!

screemer

2. Screemer
    OP

Germany
    does nobody have an idea?

3. Screemer
    OP

Germany
    hi guys

a couple of days past since my last post and i have to tell you that i found the problem just a view minutes ago.

my problem is my wireless router. i disassembled it to replace the build in antenna. for that reason i disconnected all my wired network equipment (server, printer, etc.) and said to me that i should give it a try. so i started my wii, open hbc, loaded patchmii and it downloaded ios 35 like there have never been a problem at all.

it seems that my router assigns a higher priority to wired connection than to wireless connections. curiously after i plugged my wired stuff again my wii still connects like it should be. its even possible for me now to connect to ftpii.

sorry for my bad english.