Patching NOR dump to 4.81 CFW?

Discussion in 'PS3 - Hacking & Homebrew' started by britain4, Jun 3, 2017.

1. britain4
    OP

britain4 GBAtemp Regular

Jun 16, 2014
    Sheffield
    I'm wanting to have a go at hacking my PS3 Slim this weekend, I have a Teensy 2.0++ flasher and all hardware ready for it.

The console is running 4.81 OFW and has 300gb of PSN games I don't fancy downloading all over again.

Looking at the "ultimate downgrading guide" I can either downgrade to 3.55 OFW or 4.40 CFW (or thereabouts, can't see it on my phone).

Can you either patch the NOR dump with 4.81 Rebug straight off, or do I have to follow the guide, install 4.40(or whatever it says) then update to 4.81 Rebug in safe mode?

2. tedmg091309131

tedmg091309131 GBAtemp Regular

Feb 17, 2016
    United States
    For hacking your ps3 you might check the stickied thread "is my ps3 hackable?". As far as I know you should be able to back up the games you installed on your ps3 if you have a large enough external hard drive.

3. britain4
    OP

britain4 GBAtemp Regular

Jun 16, 2014
    Sheffield
    I did check that thread. I don't have an external hard drive big enough so tried to flash straight to 4.81 CFW. That refused to work for whatever strange reason so I got a bit mad and said screw it, went down to 3.55 which was a success! now running Rebug 4.81.

The only stupid mistake I made was that the downgrading process to 3.55 formatted the hard drive. I could have used a different hard drive for the downgrading process then put the 500gb one back in and I wouldn't have lost anything :angry:

Never mind, at least my saves are backed up. Only bothered about a couple of the PSN games anyway sooo I guess it's all good!