Patching Mario Kart Wii Files Not Working

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by joedixon7, Apr 11, 2018.

1. joedixon7
    OP

joedixon7 Newbie

Newcomer
    Apr 11, 2018
    United Kingdom
    I use Dolphin Emulator because my Wii is broken and I still play Mario Kart, so I'm trying to get CTGP v1.02 to run. I downloaded a CTGP iso that someone recommended, but the cup icons were missing and the arrows did not work, so I could not select the custom cups or courses.

Hence, I am trying to patch the game myself. I used Chadderz's CT-CODE project from GitHub to create boot_code.bin, boot_data.bin and ctgpr_code.tex0 for rmce. Here's where I am confused. On the GitHub repository, it says to add ctgpr_code.tex0 under the 'CTGP-CODE', but I am not sure either how to do that or what to do. Now I am using Wiimm's SZS tools to try and patch main.dol and StaticR.rel with the files I created, and after executing wstrt patch main.dol --add-ctcode, the command returns:

"C:\Program Files (x86)\Wiimm\SZS>wstrt patch main.dol --add-ctcode
    PATCH main.dol
    * File not modified: DOL:main.dol"

I am not sure why this is not working, or if it is just a false alarm, but I am finding the tutorials on Wiimm's site and Chadderz's GitHub very confusing. If someone could give me a tutorial on how to patch the files, get CTGP v1.02 working on Dolphin or give me a solution to this, that would be great. Thanks!

2. SCOTT0852

SCOTT0852 GBAtemp Fan

Jan 20, 2018
    United States
    I thought the CTGP-Revolution launcher worked in Dolphin. I couldn't test it, as I can't figure out how to get letterbomb to work, but you sound like you're using very old CTGP. CTGP-R's launcher can load 1.03 & doesn't need a patched iso. It even supports automatic updates & online play.

You can download the launcher at http://www.chadsoft.co.uk/download/. There's probably a homebrew channel wad somewhere that you can use to run it, and you'll need the custom SD card maker to create a large enough card to hold all the files.

3. joedixon7
    OP

joedixon7 Newbie

Newcomer
    Apr 11, 2018
    United Kingdom
    Thanks - I'll try that out.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice