Patching Mario Kart Wii Files Not Working

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by joedixon7, Apr 11, 2018.

1. joedixon7
    OP

joedixon7 Newbie

Newcomer
    Apr 11, 2018
    United Kingdom
    I use Dolphin Emulator because my Wii is broken and I still play Mario Kart, so I'm trying to get CTGP v1.02 to run. I downloaded a CTGP iso that someone recommended, but the cup icons were missing and the arrows did not work, so I could not select the custom cups or courses.

Hence, I am trying to patch the game myself. I used Chadderz's CT-CODE project from GitHub to create boot_code.bin, boot_data.bin and ctgpr_code.tex0 for rmce. Here's where I am confused. On the GitHub repository, it says to add ctgpr_code.tex0 under the 'CTGP-CODE', but I am not sure either how to do that or what to do. Now I am using Wiimm's SZS tools to try and patch main.dol and StaticR.rel with the files I created, and after executing wstrt patch main.dol --add-ctcode, the command returns:

"C:\Program Files (x86)\Wiimm\SZS>wstrt patch main.dol --add-ctcode
    PATCH main.dol
    * File not modified: DOL:main.dol"

I am not sure why this is not working, or if it is just a false alarm, but I am finding the tutorials on Wiimm's site and Chadderz's GitHub very confusing. If someone could give me a tutorial on how to patch the files, get CTGP v1.02 working on Dolphin or give me a solution to this, that would be great. Thanks!

2. SCOTT0852

SCOTT0852 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Jan 20, 2018
    United States
    I thought the CTGP-Revolution launcher worked in Dolphin. I couldn't test it, as I can't figure out how to get letterbomb to work, but you sound like you're using very old CTGP. CTGP-R's launcher can load 1.03 & doesn't need a patched iso. It even supports automatic updates & online play.

You can download the launcher at http://www.chadsoft.co.uk/download/. There's probably a homebrew channel wad somewhere that you can use to run it, and you'll need the custom SD card maker to create a large enough card to hold all the files.

3. joedixon7
    OP

joedixon7 Newbie

Newcomer
    Apr 11, 2018
    United Kingdom
    Thanks - I'll try that out.