Hacking Question Patched unit, what now?

D

Deleted-442439

For SX PRO:
I ordered SX pro couple weeks ago and it is going to ship soon. Then I checked https://gbatemp.net/threads/switch-informations-by-serial-number.481215/ yesterday and realized my Switch is patched (confirmed 0X0000). So I guess the SX Pro won't work on my unit... Now I know TX is working on those patched units, but the new solution would be using another exploit(?) and the tools that come with the PRO version probably won't be compatible(?). Should I just sell the SX Pro to someone else then wait for a potential new product from TX?

For Atmosphere:
So Atmosphere is probably going to be released this month, but from what I read Deja Vu may not be released along with that... which means my patched unit would stay unhackable even with the release of Atmosphere?

Please correct me if I am wrong.

According to Scirea himself, Deja Vu will not be released until Mariko is out in the wild, so if you plan on waiting it might be a few more months.

lordelan

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Not RCM is patched in the new units but only the way payloads can be sent.
So your SX Pro should still be usable once TX made some progress.
Worst thing you might have to do is update that dongle (which never happened until now).
But yeah I'd sell it as fast as possible and get another unit.

mariogamer

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Not RCM is patched in the new units but only the way payloads can be sent.
So your SX Pro should still be usable once TX made some progress.
Worst thing you might have to do is update that dongle (which never happened until now).
But yeah I'd sell it as fast as possible and get another unit.
The dongle will certainly not work/won't be useful with a cold/warm boot exploit. Maybe tx will brand it as "needed" or "optionnal if you have it", but it probably won't.

I'd suggest to sell it too. If you can wait. Then get rid of youre sx pro.

Last edited by mariogamer,

lordelan

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
The dongle will certainly not work/won't be useful with a cold/warm boot exploit. Maybe tx will brand it as "needed" or "optionnal if you have it", but it probably won't.
Umm as I said only the way payloads are have to be sent is different so the dongle might work again once it's updated to face the changes. We can't tell yet.

mariogamer

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Umm as I said only the way payloads are have to be sent is different so the dongle might work again once it's updated to face the changes. We can't tell yet.
It's better to say that they fixed the actual flaw in RCM mod.Which means the dongle won't work (except if they found another *RCM* exploit, which is unlikely), except if they use it to send the payload on a warmboot (coldboot is unlikely) <- eg. what I meant by useless.

Dothackjhe

"Joker"
Trophies
Website
wroiters.wixsite.com
XP
Country
Philippines
I'm a latecomer when it comes to the Switch myself and, like leon8179, what I got was the patched version. Mine was apparently the Asian version which came from Singapore. As such, I'm also eagerly anticipating whatever exploit is made available for this device.
I feel silly having posted this. As it appears, after making a second-look at the list of Nintendo Switches that are either hackable or unhackable (at the moment, that is), I just found out that my Nintendo Switch is hackable after all. I guess I'm already on my way to hacking this amazing piece of technology.

Any idea on where I should start?

lordelan

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I feel silly having posted this. As it appears, after making a second-look at the list of Nintendo Switches that are either hackable or unhackable (at the moment, that is), I just found out that my Nintendo Switch is hackable after all. I guess I'm already on my way to hacking this amazing piece of technology.

If you're not on 5.1, use this to update:
https://gbatemp.net/threads/choiduj...ller-homebrew-for-the-nintendo-switch.513416/
Then use this to boot into CFW anytime:
https://gbatemp.net/threads/rajnx-c...free-starter-pack-for-nintendo-switch.513785/
A homebrew called tinfoil is included which lets you install Switch games in NSP format which you can get with CDNSP v4 Bob version.

Ziefer846

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

If you don't care for AutoRCM and risking burning fuses, stay on 4.1.0. Patch in exFAT using ChoiDujourNX and use tinfoil to bypass firmware checks.

leon8179

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'd hold onto it and email TX about it. They're pretty good at getting back.
I did email TX couple days ago. I haven't received a response yet. I mean 40 is not a big deal but I don't see any point holding it now. The next exploit, if any, will probably requite a different kit. I may be wrong but I think that is a likely scenario.

xwizit

Trophies
XP
Country
For SX PRO:
I ordered SX pro couple weeks ago and it is going to ship soon. Then I checked https://gbatemp.net/threads/switch-informations-by-serial-number.481215/ yesterday and realized my Switch is patched (confirmed 0X0000). So I guess the SX Pro won't work on my unit... Now I know TX is working on those patched units, but the new solution would be using another exploit(?) and the tools that come with the PRO version probably won't be compatible(?). Should I just sell the SX Pro to someone else then wait for a potential new product from TX?

For Atmosphere:
So Atmosphere is probably going to be released this month, but from what I read Deja Vu may not be released along with that... which means my patched unit would stay unhackable even with the release of Atmosphere?

Please correct me if I am wrong.

So was this a false alarm? Was it hackable after all?

Nevermind it was another poster who said that

Last edited by xwizit,

magico29

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That why i do have some switch consoles as spare consoles.
My advice: ask the online seller to supply first 8 serial numbers digits, like that you can verify possible firmware on it!!!

leon8179

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That why i do have some switch consoles as spare consoles.
My advice: ask the online seller to supply first 8 serial numbers digits, like that you can verify possible firmware on it!!!
Some major sellers don't bother with that...and I was not aware ipatched units exist in US ...

D

Deleted User

Some major sellers don't bother with that...and I was not aware ipatched units exist in US ...

They sure do exist. Customer just brought one in and I swapped him out with a switch / Trinket install I had ready.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @The Real Jdbye, I know what it is. :creep: