Patched or clean

Discussion in 'Supercard' started by Black_Knight_666, Sep 29, 2010.

Sep 29, 2010

Patched or clean by Black_Knight_666 at 3:30 AM (960 Views / 0 Likes) 5 replies

1. Black_Knight_666
    OP

Member Black_Knight_666 GBAtemp Fan

Australia
    finally got my scds2 today [​IMG] i noticed in game settings there is an option for clean and patched. whats the best to use?

2. YayMii

Member YayMii hi

Canada
    You're only supposed to use Clean if a game doesn't work.

3. I am r4ymond

Member I am r4ymond PFE

United States
    Well, you can use either one. There are limitations to using either mode.

For Clean Mode, it limits the things that you can use, which means that you cannot bring up the In-Game Menu while you're in a game. Even though that limits you from using RTS, RTC, and RTG, there is a possibility for Clean Mode to decrease the chances of freezing in a "new, released" game. I don't use Clean Mode that often, because it is unnecessary for the old games that I play. I guess you would interpret it as using Clean Mode as a chance to bypass AP in new games.

As for Patched Mode, it's basically the opposite of Clean Mode. You have no limitations when you use Patched Mode, which means you can use the In-Game Menu while in a game, but the chance to bypass AP for new games while in Patched Mode is almost non-existent (I wouldn't say fully non-existent because most of the new games that I've tried so far in Patched Mode works).

That's pretty much the difference between the two modes.

4. YayMii

Member YayMii hi

Canada
    Just to let you know, the clean mode isn't very helpful as of now. Pokemon Black/White (Japan) works on Patch mode w/ no problems.

5. I am r4ymond

Member I am r4ymond PFE

United States
    I forgot to mention that too. For some reason, the Clean Mode on the DSTWO doesn't bypass most of the AP in new games, so, in this case, you will have to be relying on Patched Mode the most.

Off Topic: For the Supercard DSONE, it relies on Clean Mode to bypass AP in new games.

6. RoMee

Member RoMee ??

United States
    just use the default setting, I never changed mine and all the games works fine