Hacking Patched or clean

Black_Knight_666

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
finally got my scds2 today
biggrin.gif
i noticed in game settings there is an option for clean and patched. whats the best to use?

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well, you can use either one. There are limitations to using either mode.

For Clean Mode, it limits the things that you can use, which means that you cannot bring up the In-Game Menu while you're in a game. Even though that limits you from using RTS, RTC, and RTG, there is a possibility for Clean Mode to decrease the chances of freezing in a "new, released" game. I don't use Clean Mode that often, because it is unnecessary for the old games that I play. I guess you would interpret it as using Clean Mode as a chance to bypass AP in new games.

As for Patched Mode, it's basically the opposite of Clean Mode. You have no limitations when you use Patched Mode, which means you can use the In-Game Menu while in a game, but the chance to bypass AP for new games while in Patched Mode is almost non-existent (I wouldn't say fully non-existent because most of the new games that I've tried so far in Patched Mode works).

That's pretty much the difference between the two modes.

YayMii

hi
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Just to let you know, the clean mode isn't very helpful as of now. Pokemon Black/White (Japan) works on Patch mode w/ no problems.

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
YayMii said:
Just to let you know, the clean mode isn't very helpful as of now. Pokemon Black/White (Japan) works on Patch mode w/ no problems.

I forgot to mention that too. For some reason, the Clean Mode on the DSTWO doesn't bypass most of the AP in new games, so, in this case, you will have to be relying on Patched Mode the most.

Off Topic: For the Supercard DSONE, it relies on Clean Mode to bypass AP in new games.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: good night