Patched backups

Discussion in 'Wii - Hardware, Devices and Utilities' started by OmniSlash2o6, Oct 10, 2008.

1. OmniSlash2o6
    OP

OmniSlash2o6 GBAtemp Regular

Sep 11, 2007
    United States
    Seattle, WA
    Are you still able to run them with a modchip...because apparently I didn't keep all the backups on my computer -.-...and like all of them are patched.

2. Wabsta

Wabsta you fight like a dairy farmer

Apr 25, 2008
    Netherlands
    SCUMM Bar
    Nope..
    I mean, yes, but not through the normal disc channel, only through the backup loader.

3. OmniSlash2o6
    OP

Sep 11, 2007
    United States
    Seattle, WA
    Does it load as fast if I loaded it through backuploader and I had a modchip installed? rofl.(Sorry for the dumb question)

4. zidane_genome

zidane_genome My sword has a +2 bleeding... wanna test it out?

May 21, 2006
    United States
    Wii Disc (also true backups) ENCRYPTED FILE SYSTEM

Backup Loader disc - UNENCRYPTED FILE SYSTEM

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The Disc Channel CANNOT read the Unencrypted file system, so with a ModChip, you'd still need to use the backup loader channel...

If your really worried about HD Space, burn 2 copies... patched and unpatched...

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Even with a modchip, the Backup Loader will run at 3x, since it uses the internals to read the disc... there's only 2 ways to run Wii games at 6x speed... Buy it, or buy a mod chip!

5. Joey90

Joey90 Not around any more

Apr 21, 2007
    UK
    You would be able to run them with a modchip using the backup loader.

But the backup loader doesn't work correctly with most modchips.

6. OmniSlash2o6
    OP

Sep 11, 2007
    United States
    Seattle, WA
    Ya I'm getting a D2Pro Pre-soldered with a WiiClip ordered it yesterday [​IMG]. Dang I geuss I'll just redownload them -.-.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice