PsychoBabble May 27, 2019.

1. PsychoBabble
    OP

PsychoBabble Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Apr 28, 2019
    Estonia
    Exactly that.

I don't know how or why it happened, but since hacking the 3DS, I've had to enter the 4 digit code before any and every game. I've messed about with the parental controls for software but the problem goes on.

Advice?

2. lorilith

lorilith Member

Newcomer
    Feb 16, 2018
    United States
    you may want to remove parental controls completely and then set them up again.
    manually set the rating to the highest rating, remove coppa settings, then disable parental controls.

once done, if you still have issues, it could be residual coppa settings (web protection for kids). you can try https://github.com/MechanicalDragon0687/3DS-ParentalUnlock/releases this to remove the parental controls, and if that doesnt work, your age may be set to something low on your NNID causing the system to set the parental controls once you connect online.

Good luck

3. PsychoBabble
    OP

PsychoBabble Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Apr 28, 2019
    Estonia
    Thanks, this was a big help.

Edit: typo, I'm all thumbs.

4. Fazered

Fazered Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Aug 7, 2006
    Were you able to install ParentalUnlock? It is not being recognised by my son's 3DS. His NNID is is an under 13's account so I can't remove parental controls. Even with all controls unlocked it is still requesting a pin for most games, even PEGI 3!

Quick Reply
Draft saved Draft deleted