iFish

Slower than a 90s modem
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hi

Yeah, You guys might know i am a very paranoid person. When somebody ignore a pm i get so worried for nothing.
So. i am paranoid everybody hates me
mellow.gif

Today i found $10 on the ground, i picked it up.

Wanted to buy some steam games! Dad does not trust Steam/Valve with his credit card .___.

So i said okay, Surely he will trust Sony and the PSN store since he bought me fat princess on it. Yet again, he does not feel safe.

Like fuck? Why would a big company like sony steal your credit card? I understand a small compnay, but Sony? really father? REALLY?!!?

So... I am thinking of getting a pre-paid credit card. But is the PSN store in USD or CDN?

Maybe my sister will let me. Since i will pay her back.

The first time i bought Wii Points, I had to steal his credit card and leave the money taped to the fridge saying "Thanks, daddy. Thanks for teh Wii Points"
He was very upset.

I shall find a way. But do any of you have this game? Is it as bad ad IGN says?

Hells Malice

Are you a bully?
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Did you nonchalantly call steam a "small company"?
Because if you did, i'm going to have to ask you to leave the internet, right now.

PSN is most likely in USD.
It's a pretty common currency.

EDIT: Forgot to add, your Dad is WAY too paranoid. Does he stay inside all day with the windows draped, trying to guess how the media is watching him through the TV?
Valve and Sony would be out of business if they were in the habit of stealing CC info. They're incredibly widely used, they would both lose a fuckton of money if they bothered to steal CC. They make 1000x more money through running a clean business.
Online CC theft is for small time criminals. Hell does online CC theft still even happen? I haven't heard about it for like 5 years, or more.

iFish

Slower than a 90s modem
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hells Malice said:
Because if you did, i'm going to have to ask you to leave the internet, right now.

Not as big as Sony or say Ninendo

Hells Malice

Are you a bully?
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
ifish said:
Hells Malice said:

it doesn't have to be as big as either. That's like saying a multi-millionaire doesn't have a lot of money because there are people in the world who are billionaires.
It's not a contest, once you pass a certain mark...you're in that league.

iFish

Slower than a 90s modem
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hells Malice said:
ifish said:
Hells Malice said:

it doesn't have to be as big as either. That's like saying a multi-millionaire doesn't have a lot of money because there are people in the world who are billionaires.
It's not a contest, once you pass a certain mark...you're in that league.

Funny thing is. i wanted to do it through paypal. which is even more safe.

Meh, my dad is paranoid

ca_michelbach

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
My mum used to be like this. She wouldn't let me use her card for anything for fear of it being stolen. I phased it out by assuring her how secure things (like paypal) were. It doesn't matter anymore though, I just use my own card
smile.gif

Issac

Iᔕᔕᗩᑕ
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
"But do any of you have this game? Is it as bad ad IGN says?" What? which game?

And also, shouldn't PSN be in if you have a canadian account? Just as it has SEK for us sweedes with european consoles... and just like it has USD on my american account (billing address: Some gas station in Nevada
tongue.gif
)

0ddity

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Steam isn't a company, it's a program. Valve is the company behind it, and they are hardly a small company. They have millions of paying customers all over the world, and are arguably the largest digital game content provider. If he's paranoid, then just buy a visa gift card at wal mart or someplace, with just enough money for your online purchase.

Hells Malice

Are you a bully?
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
0ddity said:
Steam isn't a company, it's a program. Valve is the company behind it, and they are hardly a small company. They have millions of paying customers all over the world, and are arguably the largest digital game content provider. If he's paranoid, then just buy a visa gift card at wal mart or someplace, with just enough money for your online purchase.

Lolwhoops. I knew that, i'm just used to saying Steam.

elmoreas

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Do some reasearch on the sites, their data encryption and compare that to your parents online bank account, ebay, etc. anything they use/trust and shove it in their face and say look if you trust them you should trust these guys cause their data encryption is same/better and they are a huge corporation too, with deep pockets. If they steal our CC info "we are into the money" because any lawyer would take that case pro bono and would win. Dude just get in their face with facts. BUT BE RESPECTFUL AND POLITE! My point is just use facts and make your case.

Zerousen

【=◈︿◈=】
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My mom can be pretty paranoid as well. My mom won't buy anything on the net', though it may be because she knows nothing about computers and the internet. She worked for a company called "Gentex",and worked with all sorts of technology, yet she can't work out a simple computer. My dad on the other hand is different, he's great with computers, and will buy anything online (as long as it's not too expensive.) He bought COD WAW for me last week online at the gamestop website
smile.gif

scrtmstr

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
Even I've got a bankcard that I can use to pay for everything, even steam games. Tell your dad that you want your own card so you can pay for your own stuff.

I usually do a check on every website where I buy stuff from. But usually, I just go out to the shops and buy it right away. Just feels better, you know.

prowler

Sony
Trophies
XP
Country
Zimbabwe
ifish said:
The first time i bought Wii Points, I had to steal his credit card and leave the money taped to the fridge saying "Thanks, daddy. Thanks for teh Wii Points"
He was very upset.
Well theres your problem.
He probably made up an excuse so he doesn't hear your crying all day long, like we have to.

Chaosruler

Trophies
XP
Country
Israel
You stole your father's credit card?
Do you know why he's afraid of big companies such as Sony? because if they screw him, even if he gets a lawyer there's a big fat chance he'd lose, because lawyers that belong to such companies are much more tricky\smarter\more experienced

ifish, you should learn that NO is a NO, no matter how badly you want it, also, since you live at an expansive place your local post office must offer a prepaid credit card service, just charge enough money and buy one prepaid card and buy all your games, instead of STEALING your dad's money\credit card, even if you pay him back, that's under HIS payment, wanna know something? I did a favor to a guy who had similar problem such as yours, one time only, I had to go to the army, was absent for 2 weeks, guess what? I found $40 worth of money on my desk with a thanks message and a letter from my credit card company saying they cancelled my credit card and banished any credit card service for me for 3-years time by any company except prepaid credit card services, because I "didn't pay in time" for a $40 of games + $20 of shipping ($60 total), those stuff stock up on your dad's bill, and that's his e-money, ending up on his list, if he has a lot to pay, actual money won't save him, he can get his ass handed to him similar to my situation, learn to fucking deal with the world and your family (and trust me, your family is really good, look at cases auch as Aeladya and you know what I am talking about) and accept the way they deal with anything, that's their rules, who the fuck are you to change it?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy: Welp I'm off to best buy because I figured out how to shove another 14tb hard drive in this server 😂