Hacking PaRaDoX Banner's Zone

mattlouf

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I do not deny that Jay did a nice work here, but I wonder : WHERE IS THE POINT having all these channels on the main wii screen ?

Why not simply install the homebrew launcher channel ? (btw, thank jay for adding a banner to it)

IMG_0004.jpg

This way :
  • It is easier to upgrade by just changing the "boot.elf" in the wanted folder tool, and haven't to wait for someone else to "do the wad with banner" for you
  • It is easier to change the image ("banner"), when ever you want : just change the .bmp file in the wanted folder tool
  • It take less memory block and leave channel for other VC games for example

jayparadox

OP
Trophies
Website
pokemon-project.com
XP
Country
Spain
HJBSCX said:
Since when do Paradox members post to boards with group info in their nicknames? I highly doubt that this jay guy is part of Paradox. I've met many members of Paradogs on numerous demo scene partys cause most of them participate in 'legal' demoscene activities.
So, Jay, how come you walk around here with your pants down? :>
I have absolutely nothing to do with them. I like this name, and there is no copyright over it, is there?

superrob

H4X H4X H4X!
Trophies
Website
zabbo.dk
XP
Country
mattlouf said:
I do not deny that Jay did a nice work here, but I wonder : WHERE IS THE POINT having all these channels on the main wii screen ?

Why not simply install the homebrew launcher channel ? (btw, thank jay for adding a banner to it)

IMG_0004.jpg

This way :
  • It is easier to upgrade by just changing the "boot.elf" in the wanted folder tool, and haven't to wait for someone else to "do the wad with banner" for you
  • It is easier to change the image ("banner"), when ever you want : just change the .bmp file in the wanted folder tool
Becourse its much more cool to have it on the main menu ^^

falcon212

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Malaysia
superrob said:
mattlouf said:

IMG_0004.jpg

This way :
Becourse its much more cool to have it on the main menu ^^
totally agreed with you !! much more cooler to show on the wii channel !!
biggrin.gif

Prime

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I agree with mattlouf, i have one channel which is the loader and all my homebrew can be loaded via that loader.

It saves up space on the wii and looks nice rather than having a million channels.

DaveMode

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I personally can't wait for Genesis emulator.

I'm sure one day I'll have an entire page of channels with custom banners for every emulator I could ever want.. Neo Geo, TG16, Master System, etc.

Trolly

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Aaaaand, another noob question coming right up:

I'm just confused by the files in the download for the Wii Homebrew Channel. When the .elf file boots, will it install the homebrew channel, or is that just the Wii homebrew launcher? Will I have to install the .wad via the WAD installer to install the channel instead?
Just a little confused as to what's what, and what comes first, and what goes where. Though I think I've pretty much sussed the whole thing out now.

Anyway, will there be Wii64 and Visual Boy Advance channels?

And I wanted to just check whether it's impossible or not to incorporate DVD and SDHC support into the Wii (software-wise, not hardware-wise), as I'm constantly seeing discussions and videos on these things? I assume they're fakes at the moment, but I just wanted to double-check.

On another kinda random note, though it seems a bit pointless, surely the Wii can connect to any bluetooth device (stop me if I'm totally wrong), which would mean it could connect to phones and other devices. I'm sure we could explore the possibilities of it, if it was possible to connect to bluetooth devices.

Prime

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Trolly said:
Aaaaand, another noob question coming right up:

I'm just confused by the files in the download for the Wii Homebrew Channel. When the .elf file boots, will it install the homebrew channel, or is that just the Wii homebrew launcher? Will I have to install the .wad via the WAD installer to install the channel instead?

If you boot up a .elf it will not install anything, it will just show the wii homebrew launcher. You will need to install the .wad via the wad installer to install the channel.

NL_Patrick_D

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I like having a channel directly in the main menu ... because the old homebre launcher still displayed some command line things. Now i know you can use JayParadox's homebrew channel because it doensnt do so but still i want every user friendly channel (read options which cant screw up things to be avai.lable at the click of a button. and not at the click of more buttons ... get my drift ?
smile.gif

Slightly off topic :

Btw strange to be compared to Team Paradox right JayParadox
wink.gif

Team Paradox is a cracking/hacking team which released the first win vista activation hack which actually worked as well as released a lot of things for adobe products iirc.

skedone

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
no paradox was not first to release xp/vista crack that was mark and also paradox has been around since Amiga days get it right they used to be on mushroom net and if you don't know what i mean your to young and not really part of the scene just a leecher ;-)

NL_Patrick_D

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
skedone said:
no paradox was not first to release xp/vista crack that was mark and also paradox has been around since Amiga days get it right they used to be on mushroom net and if you don't know what i mean your to young and not really part of the scene just a leecher ;-)

OFF TOPIC :
Could be but theirs (OEM BIOS Emulation Toolkit For Windows Vista x86 v1.0) was the first one to actually work and kill my activation.
As for not knowing thos things makes me a leecher ... ah well .. perhaps I am ... perhaps not.

ZombiePosessor

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
skedone said:

Paradox also does some fine hacking/cracking for the audio scene, for programs such as Cubase and many VSTis.

skedone

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
lol not what i was saying but hay quote my post if you like paradox have released many files i know there uploaded to my sftp

ZombiePosessor

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sweet! Dude I was seriously thinking "I hope there is a ScummVM channel out soon" Does this support FrontSD loading? What do the games have to be placed in on the SD Card?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: Good night