Gaming Pandora?

mrhotdoguk

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hi Guys,

I believe that my PSP has has the Pandora battery done to it, is there a way to verify that this has been done?

Cheers

xist

ΚΑΤΑ ΤΟΝ ΔΑΙΜΟΝΑ ΕΑΥΤΟΥ
Trophies
XP
Country
Take the memory stick out.

Turn the PSP on.

If the Backlight comes on, the power light is green but the screen remains black it's a Pandora battery.

mrhotdoguk

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
xist said:
Take the memory stick out.

Turn the PSP on.

If the Backlight comes on, the power light is green but the screen remains black it's a Pandora battery.

When I switch it on it takes me to PSP XMB.

My memory stick has the OS Pandora Battery tool 0.5, the Despertar del Cementerio v8 and two other files on that don't appear to have names, I am sure my mate who done it said i could turn on the pandora battery on and off but it was a while a go.

Cheers.

xist

ΚΑΤΑ ΤΟΝ ΔΑΙΜΟΝΑ ΕΑΥΤΟΥ
Trophies
XP
Country
OSPBT 0.5 isn't the latest release but that's what you'd use to convert it to a Pandora.

mrhotdoguk

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
xist said:
OSPBT 0.5 isn't the latest release but that's what you'd use to convert it to a Pandora.

Is there a way of switching the pandora battery on and off i.e. turning the softmod off and on?

I am 99% sure he done it and told me of a way of doing it.

xist

ΚΑΤΑ ΤΟΝ ΔΑΙΜΟΝΑ ΕΑΥΤΟΥ
Trophies
XP
Country
What firmware does your PSP say it's on in the System Information? Also, why do you suddenly need a Pandora?

mrhotdoguk

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
xist said:
What firmware does your PSP say it's on in the System Information? Also, why do you suddenly need a Pandora?

System Software - 5.00 M33-4

My youngest daughter has started playing with it I thought I would get some games for her for XMAS

I am almost sure it has been done, I want to mupdate it so it can play newer games, I have done hacks on the DS and the WII so just need a wee bit of info to get me started. I don't want to go and try it when it has already been done.

I really appreciate your help.

Cheers.

xist

ΚΑΤΑ ΤΟΝ ΔΑΙΜΟΝΑ ΕΑΥΤΟΥ
Trophies
XP
Country
You don't need to use a Pandora battery to update your firmware. You can either run a simple update to take you to 5.00M33-6 and patch the latest games manually, or run two separate updates to take you to Prometheus firmware which should run most games as clean ISO's.

A Pandora is only something you'd want if you're thinking your daughter is going to somehow modify the flash0

mrhotdoguk

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
xist said:
You don't need to use a Pandora battery to update your firmware. You can either run a simple update to take you to 5.00M33-6 and patch the latest games manually, or run two separate updates to take you to Prometheus firmware which should run most games as clean ISO's.

A Pandora is only something you'd want if you're thinking your daughter is going to somehow modify the flash0

Ah I thought pandora was needed so that you could run downloaded games.

OK I think I will go for the option "run two separate updates to take you to Prometheus firmware which should run most games as clean ISO's", I take it the info for this is in the stickies?

Cheers.

xist

ΚΑΤΑ ΤΟΝ ΔΑΙΜΟΝΑ ΕΑΥΤΟΥ
Trophies
XP
Country
Yes....just pick it up from the bit after running recovery flasher.

ProtoKun7

GBAtemp Time Lord Regenerations: 4
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
For the record, when it comes to installing CFW, pandora is mostly needed for official firmwares higher than 5.03 and only on old motherboards.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: Now go take a shower @BakerMan . Phew +1