Hardware Pandora Battery Problem - Not Charging

TachikomaUK

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Hi all

I bought a Pandora Battery fr my PSP100 from a chap online and received it today.
I took out my standard battery, connected mains AC and turned PSP on.
When it was booted I popped the Pandora in and...nothing.
No Orange light or anything, remained Green.
So I disconnected the AC and the PSP turned off showing the battery had no charge.
With PSP off I reconnected the AC and still no Orange charge light.
Reinserted my standard battery and immediate the orange light came on.
So, in short, is this a dead Pandora Battery?

Thanks in advance 8o)

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
The orange light may appear with a delay if the battery is practically dead, give it time. If it does not light up no matter what you do, here's what you should try:
  • Check whether the battery has a switch on it. Some commercially sold Pandora batteries have a switch to alternate between Pandora Mode and Battery Mode - always charge in Battery Mode
  • If you are unable to charge the battery after making sure that it's in Battery Mode, turn on your PSP with a standard battery in it, insert the charging cable, remove the standard battery and insert the Pandora - the PSP should not turn off, it's running off AC power. If the battery is not broken, this procedure will force it into Charging Mode which is signified by the animated battery symbol. Charging it like this should allow you to kickstart it again
If neither of the steps above help, the Pandora is likely broken. Lots of retailers keep their batteries in a discharged state, which is detrimental to their "health" - do your best to keep your Pandora's charged up, even when you're not using them.

Joshua Howard

Trophies
XP
Country
Thanks Foxi4, found that info on some other sites and sadly in my case it did not work.

Put a lot of pressure next to the black connector on your, pandora when it is in the PSP, this will push down the cut connection so that it works, when u release pressure, its a jig-kick once again! Oh, and i used a broken psp for this, its screen was cracked, i have many more. Oh and Foxi4 thanx, u saved my official pandora

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: I did use a bot for Diablo III though but no ban there lol