WateredFire19

Banned!
OP
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi! I just installed PCFW on my 3DS XL 4.2 but everytime i open up run.bat it says crtclient: failed to connect. Any help? Thank you!!!!!

NazoXIII

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Did you edit the run.bat at all?

If you change the IP to the IP of your 3DS you won't have an issue (other than... launching the CFW being dodgy and inconsistant as all hell...)

NazoXIII

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
' Yup! I used WNW (wireless network watcher) to find my IP and i started CFW but nothing o_o

Did the CFW actually start up? Blue Top screen, Black bottom screen that flashes briefly, then you jump back to the 3DS menu?
If that happened and you're back at the menu, all you have to do is launch the run.bat after you edited the proper info, including the ciatotransfer.cia or whatever, you should be all set.

Unless you, like me (Windows user), didn't have a recent version of some visual C++ redistribution package, so I kept getting a missing .dll error

WateredFire19

Banned!
OP
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Did the CFW actually start up? Blue Top screen, Black bottom screen that flashes briefly, then you jump back to the 3DS menu?
If that happened and you're back at the menu, all you have to do is launch the run.bat after you edited the proper info, including the ciatotransfer.cia or whatever, you should be all set.

Unless you, like me (Windows user), didn't have a recent version of some visual C++ redistribution package, so I kept getting a missing .dll error

The CFW starts (after a matter of trys) . But it just says failed to connect. The blue "internet" bar appears at the top left of the 3D screen.

NazoXIII

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The CFW starts (after a matter of trys) . But it just says failed to connect. The blue "internet" bar appears at the top left of the 3D screen.

If I had to guess, I'd say, Manually set up your 3DS connection, your 3DS is using an odd (and when I say odd, I mean, an IP it really shouldn't be using on a Private consumer network, assuming you have a regular router setup)

You should set up your connection like normally but manually set up your IP address and DNS settings, give your DS its own IP address that looks like 192.168.x.x, that's what your 3DS's IP should look like.

If you can set it up properly, and it can connect to your access point with no issue, there shouldn't be any problem.

WateredFire19

Banned!
OP
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If I had to guess, I'd say, Manually set up your 3DS connection, your 3DS is using an odd (and when I say odd, I mean, an IP it really shouldn't be using on a Private consumer network, assuming you have a regular router setup)

You should set up your connection like normally but manually set up your IP address and DNS settings, give your DS its own IP address that looks like 192.168.x.x, that's what your 3DS's IP should look like.

If you can set it up properly, and it can connect to your access point with no issue, there shouldn't be any problem.

Could you explain to me how to set the connection manually?

NazoXIII

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Could you explain to me how to set the connection manually?

Sure, go through your normal 3DS Internet connection settings:
System Settings > Internet Settings > Connection Settings, then find your connection that connects to your router (this should honestly be the only configured connection, so if you have more than one, for now, I'd delete all but your main one)

Okay, now you want to create a Unique IP for your 3DS,
So:
Change Settings > IP Address > Auto-Obtain IP Address = "No" > Detailed Setup > IP Address = 192.168.x.x (The first "x" is commonly 1 or 2, this is entirely dependent on your your network, if you have a windows PC, run command prompt/cmd and type the command "ipconfig /all" look for your "Default Gateway" and If its 192.168.2.10, your 3DS IP Address should be: 192.168.2.x. The second x is the Unique Client number you want your 3DS to have, so put any number your like, I think they cap out at 255, so you can put any number from 2 to 255 (1 is already occupied by your router)

Subnet mask, is usually 255.255.255.0 on regular home networks, so put that.

Your Gateway, again, is shown on the ipconfig command prompt, and I'm terribly sorry If you arent a window user, but I don't know the equivalents.

Now that that part is out of the way, and I apologize for the wall of text, I'm not sure how to word this briefly and still get the point across, on to DNS.

This part is pretty easy and straight forward, you still have your command prompt or its equivalent open to ipconfig? Scroll to the bottom it should say something about DNS servers, whatever you see there, input it in your Primary DNS setting, I didn't have a second DNS so I just put my Primary and left the 2nd one at 0.0.0.0, if you have 2 DNS servers however, make sure you reflect that in your Secondary.

If you have any more questions, let me know.

WateredFire19

Banned!
OP
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sure, go through your normal 3DS Internet connection settings:
System Settings > Internet Settings > Connection Settings, then find your connection that connects to your router (this should honestly be the only configured connection, so if you have more than one, for now, I'd delete all but your main one)

Okay, now you want to create a Unique IP for your 3DS,
So:
Change Settings > IP Address > Auto-Obtain IP Address = "No" > Detailed Setup > IP Address = 192.168.x.x (The first "x" is commonly 1 or 2, this is entirely dependent on your your network, if you have a windows PC, run command prompt/cmd and type the command "ipconfig /all" look for your "Default Gateway" and If its 192.168.2.10, your 3DS IP Address should be: 192.168.2.x. The second x is the Unique Client number you want your 3DS to have, so put any number your like, I think they cap out at 255, so you can put any number from 2 to 255 (1 is already occupied by your router)

Subnet mask, is usually 255.255.255.0 on regular home networks, so put that.

Your Gateway, again, is shown on the ipconfig command prompt, and I'm terribly sorry If you arent a window user, but I don't know the equivalents.

Now that that part is out of the way, and I apologize for the wall of text, I'm not sure how to word this briefly and still get the point across, on to DNS.

This part is pretty easy and straight forward, you still have your command prompt or its equivalent open to ipconfig? Scroll to the bottom it should say something about DNS servers, whatever you see there, input it in your Primary DNS setting, I didn't have a second DNS so I just put my Primary and left the 2nd one at 0.0.0.0, if you have 2 DNS servers however, make sure you reflect that in your Secondary.

If you have any more questions, let me know.

When i enter the IP is says the IP is incorrect :(

DrunkenMonk

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
you should really just go onto your router setup page and look at 'connected devices' and your 3DS should be either labelled as unknown or as a mac address, you should easily be able to filter the results from there and walah, you now know your 3DS LAN IP

edit: Your router setup page can be found via a quick search using your favourite search engine or is going to be something along the lines of: 192.168.0.1/192.168.1.0/192.168.1.1/192.168.1.2/192.168.2.0/192.168.20.20

Or just something like that, it varies between router

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It shouldn't matter, but it's worth a try I guess. This cfw and ctrclient are both barely-functioning, hacked-together crap, so don't be surprised if you never get it working.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/MddR6PTmGKg?si=mU2EO5hoE7XXSbSr