Hacking Pal Wii, Do i need to patch games ?

skweezer

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
i have a pal wii, and have usb launcher 1.1 installed. If i were to get a ntsc game:

would i need to patch it ?
would i need to remove the update from it ? How do i know if it contains a update ? with what software do i remove the update ?
will wii scrbbed games work with usb loader ?

sorry for the noobish questions..

skweezer

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
but will it not brick if it installs a differnet regions update ? so i was asking if it is posiblle to remove the update. but i have had a read and i understand that if i install preloader then it will let me skip updates.
thanx for th replies.
smile.gif

manias

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I mean try and see if it ASKS for an update.... and if not if it boots ntsc games... updates are removed with brickblocker..

dateq

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I just tried to start NTSC Call of Duty World at War from USBLoader 1.1 on my PAL system and it gave me a reddish screen. Then I burned the ISO and tried it again and it was okay. I'm guessing USBLoader isnt prepared to handle inter-region setups

Evilengine

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
I have a PAL Wii 3.2E Wiikey1, it reads all my backups and original games fine, it runs Tatsunoko unpatched without brickblock done by me, with the Video Mode fixed USB Loader 1.1(available in this forum) it shows the right color. All other US and EU games worked fine also. All scrubbed games work flawlessly

thmailla

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
wiifrii patched games works and scrubbed games working also.

But some patched games dont work and i've got green screen or black screen or the Wii Hang

for exemple : Fishing Master World Tour working good with backup Launcher R87 but not with usb loader 1.1 but it's a NTSC US patched to PAL and Wiibrickblocked and scrubbed...

richy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
@skweezer

I've extracted a game back off the hard drive and examined it in WiiScrubber and it removes the update partition entirely so you should find that running an NTSC game on a PAL machine isn't going to cause you any issues. OK, you might get possible video problems(?) but it won't try and install an NTSC update or anything like that. I've got a PAL machine and have been wary about touching NTSC stuff for exactly that reason!
smile.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sGClRsx0x64