Hacking PAL vs NTSC game update differences?

posthum

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hi All,

Just wondering if anybody knows if there is a difference in the latest (most up to date patch level) of Wii U PAL and NTSC games?

Eg. Yoshi's Wooly World shows v17 as being the latest available update for the NTSC (USA) release, but has no available patches for the PAL (EUR) release - this game isn't the only example of this happening.

Do NTSC games get more update love from the game developers as a general rule? Or is it a case of games perhaps being released in NTSC regions first and newly developed patches/bugfixes being incorporated into PAL regions later initial release which avoids the need for an update?

Thanks!

AmandaRose

Do what I do. Hold tight and pretend it’s a plan
Trophies
Website
www.rockstarnorth.com
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Hi All,

Just wondering if anybody knows if there is a difference in the latest (most up to date patch level) of Wii U PAL and NTSC games?

Eg. Yoshi's Wooly World shows v17 as being the latest available update for the NTSC (USA) release, but has no available patches for the PAL (EUR) release - this game isn't the only example of this happening.

Do NTSC games get more update love from the game developers as a general rule? Or is it a case of games perhaps being released in NTSC regions first and newly developed patches/bugfixes being incorporated into PAL regions later initial release which avoids the need for an update?

Thanks!
Well yoshi's wooly world came out in Europe four months before America so that fact kind of blows your theory right out of the water lol.

posthum

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I
Well yoshi's wooly world came out in Europe four months before America so that fact kind of blows your theory right out of the water lol.
It certainly does in the Yoshi case! Makes me even more curious to know why the NTSC release of Yoshi's Wooly World has received an update and the PAL release has not...

posthum

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Wait? wasn't the other way arround?
Using NUS-Grabber I can see an update (v17) for the USA version, but nothing for the PAL version... My question isn't really about Yoshi's Wooly World specifically though, I'm more interested in finding out whether the NTSC versions of games are better supported with updates than the PAL versions, or if there is really little difference in having one or the other.

wolf-snake

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Using NUS-Grabber I can see an update (v17) for the USA version, but nothing for the PAL version... My question isn't really about Yoshi's Wooly World specifically though, I'm more interested in finding out whether the NTSC versions of games are better supported with updates than the PAL versions, or if there is really little difference in having one or the other.
I'm pretty sure the USA version didn't had an update and the EUR Version did had an update that added some more Amiibo costumes from Amiibos released in between releases.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: hi