EmeraldEx

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Greece
I have no idea what's going on, and it seems GBATemp has gone crazy with Brawl topics.
So I shall add my own to the mix.

I have an Australian PAL Wii, and I'm planning on getting a Wiikey.

What do I do? In any case there should be a pinned & locked topic, with any known instructions.

I'm thinking these are the steps, please correct me if I'm wrong, as I do not want a bricked Wii.

0. Have Wiikey installed.
1. Get 3.1 Firmware. (This is Wii firmware, right?)
2. Burn two discs, one normal burn, one patched by brickblocker.
3. Let the straight copy update to 15% and unplug
4. Insert Brickblocked copy, and proceed to play.

Am I right here?

EmeraldEx

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Greece
Thanks, and yeah It is on here, but it's all over the place. And not only that, but I hadn't heard if that method works with PAL wiis.

Doyvid

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I think it's still unconfirmed working for PAL. Let us know if it does work however, as I'm in a very similar boat to you. In fact, the EXACT same boat... Hope there's enough life jackets in case this boat sinks if it doesn't work...

UchihaE

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I think it's still unconfirmed working for PAL. Let us know if it does work however, as I'm in a very similar boat to you. In fact, the EXACT same boat... Hope there's enough life jackets in case this boat sinks if it doesn't work...
it is very much confirmed working on Pal but with the wiikey only the single layer works but thats the best you can get ATM anyway

Doyvid

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country

it is very much confirmed working on Pal but with the wiikey only the single layer works but thats the best you can get ATM anyway

SAH-WHEET! BEST. NEWS. EVAR!

*insert several overjoyed emoticons here*

Oh wait:

smile.gif
biggrin.gif
laugh.gif
rofl2.gif
tongue.gif
happy.gif
cool.gif
wub.gif
bow.gif
grog.gif
gbasp.gif
yaynds.gif
yaypsp.gif
ph34r.gif

kirbyy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Are there any differences between Europe PAL and Australian PAL? in other words is this confirmed to work on europe wii systems too?

EmeraldEx

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Greece
Also;
If I have a Wiikey, and just buy the Japanese game, will it play it or will that produce the "Disk read error" I've been hearing about?

Volkov

Trophies
XP
Country
im in australia and have had no problems. My friend's JPN copy comes in a few days, and I might try some of the DL dumper apps floating around. Then if wiikey has not made an effort to update DL support, I will open my wii that day and install a better chip in like 20 minutes. Can't wait for the full game guys
biggrin.gif

Zanken

Trophies
XP
Country
I thought this thread would be a good place to voice my concerns.

I've pulled a PS2 apart before to mod it, and ended up just paying a pro to do it and put it back together lol, so I might just do that.

First I need to know whether this is true, in getting it to run in 60hz. I'm really not gonna bother if the game is gonna run slower than it's supposed to.
QUOTE said:
1. Boot up your Wii.
2. Set your Wii to 50hz.
3. Go into SSBB.
4. Go to the SSBB options menu.
5. Select deflicker (the "D" with black and white lines on it).
6. Set it to "off".
7. Go back to the Wii menu.
8. Set your Wii to 60hz.
9. Go into SSBB.
11. ????
12. PROFIT!

Providing I run the newest wii update, chip firmware update (guessing mine will have to be the D2C chip) and do everything as detailed everywhere around the board then I should be right.

What I want to know is, come time that I buy the PAL version, will having the firmware with the extra channels effect PAL copies of games even after disabling it? Say I wanted to play PAL online? Just wondering if any of this is going to have consequences later. I really don't plan on importing or really playing any other wii titles other than Brawl NTSC-J and PAL, so thats my main concern. Any nuggets of wisdom from the people modding a wii before now would be helpful.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Hello @realtimesave.