Scribbling around GBATemp's kitchen.
OP
Trophies
Website
www.homembarata.com.br
XP
Country
Brazil
Started playing this game some weeks ago. I decided to buy it after watching Zero Punctuation's review of it ( http://www.escapistmagazine.com/videos/vie...n/57-Painkiller ) where he praises the game a lot (something really rare) and calls it "the true DOOM 3". So, I bought it on Steam for 10 bucks.. and it was totally worth it! Seriously, this is one of the most fun FPS games I've ever played
ohmy.gif

There are no complex rescue missions, no different color keys, puzzles, heck! You can't even duck in the game! You're just a guy with a gun killing everything that moves! Fells really old school and arcadey.

The game is divided in levels, going from big cathedrals and medieval castles to military bases and abandoned mines, they're all very well modeled and full of details, it's like they were all modeled by a frustrated architect. There's a huge variety of enemies with ninjas, witches, knights, zombies and creatures that were going to Silent Hill but took the wrong turn in Albuquerque, not to mention the gigantic bosses, all also very well designed. Weapons are some of the most creative I've ever seen, I mean, your melee weapon is not a knife or a punch, but a spinning blade! Every weapon has two types of shoot, so, you have not only the infamous weapon that shoot shurikens and lighting but also a weapon that shots wood stakes and a shotgun with a freezing ray! Freezing enemies and then exploding them with a shotgun is disturbingly satisfying..
smile.gif

Sadly I couldn't try the multiplayer mode yet cause we have no servers over here and the lag is huge! :/

534813_20040409_screen005.jpg

534813_20040409_screen007.jpg

534813_20040409_screen012.jpg

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: @salazarcosplay yeah cod's still up