I try to keep myself amused.
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I was one of the hopeful backers/suckers of Ouya on Kickstarter.

For those of you living under a rock, Ouya is the Android Tegra 3 "game console" the size of a Rubiks cube that hooks up to your TV. They are trying to upset the gaming market by offering a free-to-play experience on all their games they will offer in their curated store. Square and Namco have already signed up.

I backed the project because a Tegra 3 Android box + bluetooth controller for $99 (free shipping, no tax) was a great deal. I also liked the fact that they are advertising that it will be rootable and that rooting won't void your warranty.

Did anyone else pledge or pre-order?

VashTS

Beat it, son
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i want to but ill wait for it to be released. if they decide its not gonna happen i don't want to lose money.

it does look awesome and im sure its going to be.

IBNobody

I try to keep myself amused.
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
My biggest concern (aside from the current Vaporware status) is how they plan on keeping the hardware fresh. When this releases, the Tegra 3 will be a year old. Will it be underpowered and suffer from the Xperia Play experience?

It'll be fine for a set-top-box, especially since Google TV boxes are even more under-powered. But as a gaming machine? Hmm...

That being said........ The top-end Android developers say that their games have to support systems that are 3-4 years old.

Reactions: 1 person

MelodieOctavia

Just your friendly neighborhood Transbian.
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
yourmom.com
XP
Country
Djibouti
Annnnd this is the fourth topic about this. lrn2search

Search showed only one for the Android forum, and that topic was 20 days stale. learn2betolerant

20 days isn't necrobumping. This discussion could have continued there. There's no reason to make another topic when there are at least 3 that are still fairly fresh.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    NinStar @ NinStar: you can't turn link into a femboy in tears of the kingdom