Hacking Out of the game for a while...

retKHAAAN

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I just googled this "Pokemon GO" thing and wow... You mean you can walk around holding your phone like a PKE meter and catch Pokemon???

CeeDee

fuckin dork
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
He's only been gone since 2014, according to his last posts. "The 3DS exists" is something he probably already knows.

A quick sumup of random crap you probably already know:
-Mario Maker is a Mario level maker
-Splatoon is an ink-based shooter by Nintendo
-The Hoenn generation of Pokemon games have been remade
-Pokemon Sun and Moon have been announced
-Nintendo's making a new console code-named NX
-they're also making a mini NES ala the Throwback Genesis/Atari with 30 games built in
-you can hack 3DS and Wii U easily and play pirated games (Wii U has limits though)
-Smash Bros. for 3DS and Wii U has Cloud from Final Fantasy 7 and Ryu from Street Fighter as DLC
-GBATemp has become a shittier place, more noobs and shitposters now

petethepug

PUG
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I just googled this "Pokemon GO" thing and wow... You mean you can walk around holding your phone like a PKE meter and catch Pokemon???

Yep. "Life of a Pokemon Trainner" Lawl, the only catch is the combat sucks (imo.) I don't really like it, and it lacks combat as a whole. If you see some Pokemon Go videos you would probably know what I mean.

Not to discourage you from playing it, it's still good it's just the main counterpart of combat seems to have little use in the game. And instead focuses more on finding and catching all the Pokemon.

Edit: Also this should probably be on a gaming Disscussion, or a other topic since this has nothing to do with Wii Hacking.

Last edited by petethepug,

retKHAAAN

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Why is this in the Wii section?

And how does everyone instantly know how long he's been gone?

Well, it's in the Wii Hacking section because the purpose is to catch up on Wii hacking. I spent a lot of time here under the nomer Old8oy. Got rid of my Wii like 4 or 5 years ago and haven't kept up. I suppose I could have been more clear but I guess I assumed that the placement of the topic would have suggested what I was looking for.

I see it's still common practice here to assume everyone is an idiot. Even those with like 3000 posts in the Wii forums.

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Tell us where you stopped and we can tell you what's new.
Because, there are chances that you already know a lot as lot of homebrew where already released 4 years ago. (even more seeing you already posted in threads for wii hacking guide, even if not the best one you picked up)
Also, tell us if you want a global update or specific updates (nintendo updates, release update, hacking update, piracy update ?)

What's new (you may or may not know) :
- Gamecube backups can be played on both Wii and WiiU, from SD and USB from a FAT32 partition. (that's probably the best improvement since you left).
- Nintendo ended its network support (online game).
- A custom network has been developed to replace nintendo's, by patching games to replace the network URL.
- and ... well... maybe that's all ?
If you want specific information, ask for them specifically.

retKHAAAN

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What's new (you may or may not know) :
- Gamecube backups can be played on both Wii and WiiU, from SD and USB from a FAT32 partition. (that's probably the best improvement since you left).
- Nintendo ended its network support (online game).
- A custom network has been developed to replace nintendo's, by patching games to replace the network URL.
- and ... well... maybe that's all ?
If you want specific information, ask for them specifically.

Thank you sir. Looks like that probably covers it.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Mkay.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I just ordered another package from China just to spite you.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Communism lol
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    OUR products
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    @LeoTCK actually good quality products are dying out because they can't compete with dropshipped chinese crap
    +2
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    @LeoTCK is your partner the sascrotch or smth?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Good morning
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Out of nowhere I got several scars on my forearm and part of my arm and it really itches.
  • AdRoz78 @ AdRoz78:
    Hey, I bought a modchip today and it says "New 2040plus" in the top left corner. Is this a legit chip or was I scammed?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    @AdRoz78 start a thread and post a photo of the chip.
    +2
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Yawn
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    and good morning everyone
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    @BakerMan, his partner is Luke
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    Sup nerds
    +1
  • Flame @ Flame:
    oh hi, Sickly
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Oh hi flame
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    @K3Nv2 what was your ps4 situation
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    did you always have a ps4 you never updated
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    or were you able to get new ps4 tracking it \
    as soon as the hack was announced
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    or did you have to find a used one with the lower firm ware that was not updated
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I got this ps4 at launch and never updated since 9.0
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    You got a good chance of buying a used one and asking the seller how often they used or even ask for a Pic of fw and telling them not to update
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: You got a good chance of buying a used one and asking the seller how often they used or even ask...