Gaming Other Zelda remakes coming?

Would you have prefered Majora's Mask instead of OoT?

  • Yes

    Votes: 11 44.0%
  • No

    Votes: 14 56.0%

  • Total voters
    25

Holyevil

Active Member
Newcomer
Joined
May 10, 2008
Messages
44
Trophies
0
XP
123
Country
United States
Any news of other Zelda remakes coming to the 3DS?

I personally would rather have Majora's Mask rather than OoT.

Wind Waker would be amazing. I replayed that many times on gamecube. Having it in my hand, on the go would be amazing.

On a side note, I'm looking forward to a Final Fantasy CC game on the 3DS. I enjoyed the ones on DS a bit, but the graphics were ghetto and the wifi was terribly laggy for non-hosts. Ideally, I'd like a longer game, like the Final Fantasy gamecube had. (With wifi, of course)

Would these be exciting games for you?

Do you think Nintendo should crank out some remakes of their hit N64 and Gamecube games, or focus on trying to make their own hit games?

To me, anything would be better than the poor selection of games right now. Perhaps remakes appeal because of the familiarity of them. When I'm dropping $50 on a remake I enjoyed, I know for sure it'll be worth the $50.
 

ShinyLatios

Local "That Guy"
Member
Joined
Nov 17, 2009
Messages
1,064
Trophies
0
Age
26
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
948
Country
Netherlands
screw those, make a four swords game on DS/3DS/Wii2 already!

I have actually been hoping that the wireless in DS could be used to replace the annoying cables for GBA, making a new four swords game easier to play multiplayer... no such luck.
 

RupeeClock

Colors 3D Snivy!
Member
Joined
May 15, 2008
Messages
6,453
Trophies
0
Age
31
Website
Visit site
XP
2,195
Country
If I know Nintendo well, then they'll use the basis of the OoT remake to build a Majora's Mask remake too, it's be a golden opportunity.

After all, MM was made out of OoT in a short span of time.
 

Holyevil

Active Member
Newcomer
Joined
May 10, 2008
Messages
44
Trophies
0
XP
123
Country
United States
RupeeClock said:
If I know Nintendo well, then they'll use the basis of the OoT remake to build a Majora's Mask remake too, it's be a golden opportunity.

After all, MM was made out of OoT in a short span of time.


Was also wondering about this.

Because they've remade the engine and such (I don't know anything about the technical details of game making)

Wouldn't this mean they could make Majora's Mask a lot faster and easier now?

Did they use the same...stuff (for lack of a better word) in the N64 games?

They looked different, but I don't know if that was just a texture/palette change or what.

Business-wise, it probably wouldn't be wise to release them at the same time, or even close to that period. Once the hype of OoT starts to decline, then perhaps they could release another game.

Still there's no saying when. If they have a good lineup of releases for the rest of 2011, it wouldn't be surprising to not see MM coming til 2012.
 

Issac

Iᔕᔕᗩᑕ
Supervisor
Joined
Apr 10, 2004
Messages
6,902
Trophies
1
Location
Sweden
XP
6,229
Country
Sweden
not MM instead of OOT, but MM shortly after OOT
wink.gif
I love em both! (ooh, Imagine a Majoras Mask Master Quest -droooooling-)
edit: voted no, as I don't want it "instead"
 

DSGamer64

Canadian, Eh?
Member
Joined
Nov 9, 2007
Messages
2,937
Trophies
0
Age
35
Location
A cold cold place
XP
567
Country
Canada
Seeing as how A Link to the Past was the last Zelda game to actually be remade, I think you would be hard pressed to justify it being the one to follow Ocarina of Time. I don't think Majora's Mask had the same critical acclaim, nor was it as lengthy as Ocarina of Time was, leading me to believe that Nintendo could opt for one of the true classics to get a remake. If anything, I could see Nintendo using the eShop as a method of doing remakes as 3DS Ware, particularly Zelda DX: Link's Awakening and Oracle of Ages/Seasons. I think you would have to take a poll of gamers to see which one people might want to see remade.

Personally if I had a choice of all the games in the series to get a remake that haven't really had one, it would have to be Oracle of Ages and Seasons, though Link's Awakening was pretty freaking awesome as well. It would be harder to sell Oracle of Ages and Seasons though, since there were multiple endings and various things that required link cables in order to do in order to complete the whole game that would have to be converted to wireless communication not to mention an overhaul of the graphics. I would be happy enough if Link's Awakening and Oracle of Ages/Seasons all wound up on the eShop though.
 

Holyevil

Active Member
Newcomer
Joined
May 10, 2008
Messages
44
Trophies
0
XP
123
Country
United States
I'd like both as well. I guess what I was sort of asking is which you would have preferred first. Seeing as how it could be a while before MM is released.

I think OoT coming out first has it's plus sides. It seemed like a much longer game. Length of a storyline is always something I can appreciate. Most DS games I played seemed way too short.

I didn't really like how you had to go through the dungeons again as adult link. Probably because I'm not a big fan of the N64 Zelda dungeons. They're alright the first few..but those N64 ones I often had to get a guide to help, because I did not have the patience to keep running around trying to figure out where to go next, since it's not like you gain exp from the extra monsters you encounter.

I like puzzles, and I like dungeons. I just don't like many of the N64 Zelda dungeons. (although Zelda TP, and WW were very enjoyable and a lot less frustrating for me) Perhaps it was just something I had trouble with when I was younger. I doubt they'd stump me now.

Maybe that's why I like Majora's Mask more. It had tons of side quests for the masks that I actually wanted to do, so it was a nice break from the dungeons I had to play. Being so long, they always felt like a chore, since it wasn't a game you could level up in. Doing a side quest for a weird mask feels a lot more rewarding and interesting to me than doing one for an extra heart piece or bigger bomb bag.
 

chris888222

GBAtemp's Flygon Fan
Member
Joined
Oct 11, 2010
Messages
5,532
Trophies
0
Age
32
XP
854
Country
Senegal
I have never played a zelda game before (yeah yeah i'm a noobie) and i have the intention to get OoT.

Just a question...

What is zelda? A game like an adventure to defeat a particular final boss and meeting challenges along the way with other bosses? :/
 

Ikki

GBATemp's grumpy panda.
Member
Joined
Jun 1, 2010
Messages
2,797
Trophies
0
Age
27
Location
Montevideo
XP
228
Country
Uruguay
chris888222 said:
I have never played a zelda game before (yeah yeah i'm a noobie) and i have the intention to get OoT.

Just a question...

What is zelda? A game like an adventure to defeat a particular final boss and meeting challenges along the way with other bosses? :/
Pretty much. It's an adventure game.

Cutscene-Dungeon-Boss-Cutscene-Dungeon-Boss-Cutscene-Dungeon-Boss and so on.

With ocasional non dungeon parts.

Oh and I just described OoT/MM. I don't know if that applies for the other games.
 

leeday100196

GBAtemp's Official Infernape™
Member
Joined
Sep 24, 2010
Messages
621
Trophies
0
Age
25
Location
My computer in Sharpedo Bluff
Website
Visit site
XP
127
Country
DSGamer64 said:
Personally if I had a choice of all the games in the series to get a remake that haven't really had one, it would have to be Oracle of Ages and Seasons, though Link's Awakening was pretty freaking awesome as well. It would be harder to sell Oracle of Ages and Seasons though, since there were multiple endings and various things that required link cables in order to do in order to complete the whole game that would have to be converted to wireless communication not to mention an overhaul of the graphics. I would be happy enough if Link's Awakening and Oracle of Ages/Seasons all wound up on the eShop though.
I reckon they should put it up on the 3DS shop to buy, maybe a demo if necessary as well, and put up other games that everyone loved on there. Then they would get SO much more profit because we are
SUCKERS!
and like to buy the same game over and over...
 

chris888222

GBAtemp's Flygon Fan
Member
Joined
Oct 11, 2010
Messages
5,532
Trophies
0
Age
32
XP
854
Country
Senegal
Ikki said:
chris888222 said:
I have never played a zelda game before (yeah yeah i'm a noobie) and i have the intention to get OoT.

Just a question...

What is zelda? A game like an adventure to defeat a particular final boss and meeting challenges along the way with other bosses? :/
Pretty much. It's an adventure game.

Cutscene-Dungeon-Boss-Cutscene-Dungeon-Boss-Cutscene-Dungeon-Boss and so on.

With ocasional non dungeon parts.

Oh and I just described OoT/MM. I don't know if that applies for the other games.
SWEET! I love those games with adventure + bosses.

Getting this one for sure! Together with DOA, cubic ninja and RE.
laugh.gif
 

gloweyjoey

who??
Member
Joined
May 7, 2010
Messages
842
Trophies
0
XP
300
Country
United States
DSGamer64 said:
Seeing as how A Link to the Past was the last Zelda game to actually be remade, I think you would be hard pressed to justify it being the one to follow Ocarina of Time. I don't think Majora's Mask had the same critical acclaim, nor was it as lengthy as Ocarina of Time was, leading me to believe that Nintendo could opt for one of the true classics to get a remake. If anything, I could see Nintendo using the eShop as a method of doing remakes as 3DS Ware, particularly Zelda DX: Link's Awakening and Oracle of Ages/Seasons. I think you would have to take a poll of gamers to see which one people might want to see remade.

Personally if I had a choice of all the games in the series to get a remake that haven't really had one, it would have to be Oracle of Ages and Seasons, though Link's Awakening was pretty freaking awesome as well. It would be harder to sell Oracle of Ages and Seasons though, since there were multiple endings and various things that required link cables in order to do in order to complete the whole game that would have to be converted to wireless communication not to mention an overhaul of the graphics. I would be happy enough if Link's Awakening and Oracle of Ages/Seasons all wound up on the eShop though.
No one was saying that A Link to the Past would follow Ocarina. I was just stating that Miyamoto had expressed interest in remaking ALttP.
When asked for a specific title he'd like to see remade, Miyamoto reached into his own back catalog, answering, "I think A Link To The Past."

Deciding that wasn't enough of a pseudo-sadistic tease, Miyamoto explained some of the functionality he'd like to see in a 3DS Link to the Past remake. "Do you remember Xevious," Miyamoto asked. "It's two-layered and I really wanted to create that at the time. So to see Link To The Past in two layers would be quite attractive for me." Such a remake sounds just perfect for the 3D Classics section of the 3DS eShop -- a storefront which, serendipitously enough, will play host to a renovated version of Xevious itself.[/p]

As for Ages and Seasons, the games were not linked via link cable but rather via PASSWORD which were received after finishing the game then putting into the other, then characters in that game would give you codes to take back to the other game and whatnot.
 

Holyevil

Active Member
Newcomer
Joined
May 10, 2008
Messages
44
Trophies
0
XP
123
Country
United States
Aren't Seasons and Ages sprite games?

Would they still keep them all as sprites? I wonder how that would look with 3D. Possibly scary.

Never played em, but heard they were amazing.
 

leeday100196

GBAtemp's Official Infernape™
Member
Joined
Sep 24, 2010
Messages
621
Trophies
0
Age
25
Location
My computer in Sharpedo Bluff
Website
Visit site
XP
127
Country
Holyevil said:
Aren't Seasons and Ages sprite games?

Would they still keep them all as sprites? I wonder how that would look with 3D. Possibly scary.

Never played em, but heard they were amazing.
Damn straight boy.

They shouldn't re-release them in 3D, that would ruin the nostalgia. Sprites are fine the way they are...
 

Sethevere

Active Member
Newcomer
Joined
May 13, 2011
Messages
42
Trophies
0
XP
8
Country
Aur contraire my friend, I think it's a great idea to remake the classics. That way the next generation get a taste of original Nintendo genius.

@ Leeday
 
General chit-chat
Help Users
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: eh