Gaming Other Zelda remakes coming?

Would you have prefered Majora's Mask instead of OoT?

• Yes

Votes: 11 44.0%
  • No

Votes: 14 56.0%

• Total voters

gloweyjoey

who??
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
chartube12 said:
gloweyjoey said:
rock7 said:
QUOTE said:
When Link turned into adult link in OoT, does that mean the events in MM already happened? Since he's time traveling..?

No, Link not travel in time, it is sealed until it becomes an adult
The theory is that the time line splits.

in one timeline: he failed and the gods create the flood, leading to the wind waker.

in another timeline: after beating Ganon he was restored to his childhood with his memories intact. He than brought proof Ganon was evil to the Hyrule leaders. Ganon was sealed into another dimension along with the tri-piece of power. Changing history. Thus leading to twilight princess.
Not exactly. I'm going to use spoilers for this as it pertains to the end of the game
At the end of OoT Link deafeats GANON(keep in mind im saying Ganon here, it's important) and Ganon is then sealed away into the darkrealm. Link is then sent back in time. That time line continues on without the Hero of Time and likely leads to wind waker or ALttP depending of what theory you look at. So, with child Link back in Hyrule he then warns of GANONDORFS plans and Ganondorf is then sealed away into the twilight realm setting up Twilight Princess in the centuries to come after. Then this timeline continues with Link being the Hero of Time and going on to the events of Majora's Mask.
Of course this is all just theory. We have no official timeline released, but Miyamoto has said that there is an official timeline that only he and I think Aonuma are allowed to see.

JoostinOnline

Certified Crash Test Dummy
Trophies
Website
www.hacksden.com
XP
Country
United States
gloweyjoey said:
Miyamoto has said that there is an official timeline that only he and I think Aonuma are allowed to see.
Yeah, I but I think he is lying, considering how much stuff can't possibly make sense. Even the spit timeline theory (the most popular theory) doesn't fit with some of the stories. I don't think they really care about making stories work. Plus, come on, a timeline that nobody else is allowed to see?

SamAsh07

Trophies
XP
Country
Bosnia and Herzegovina
chartube12 said:
in one timeline: he failed and the gods create the flood, leading to the wind waker.

in another timeline: after beating Ganon he was restored to his childhood with his memories intact. He than brought proof Ganon was evil to the Hyrule leaders. Ganon was sealed into another dimension along with the tri-piece of power. Changing history. Thus leading to twilight princess.

Sig: "Zelda: Ocarina of Time 3D, The most over hyped game of the 3DS' first year. Every video game related site and their red-headed step children can't stop post about it. I personally hope it bombs out and becomes the biggest failure Nintendo ever had since the Virtual Boy."
@Your Sig: Are you mad because you never got past the Water Temple on the original OoT??

machomuu

Drops by occasionally
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
chartube12 said:
gloweyjoey said:
rock7 said:
QUOTE said:
When Link turned into adult link in OoT, does that mean the events in MM already happened? Since he's time traveling..?

No, Link not travel in time, it is sealed until it becomes an adult
The theory is that the time line splits.

Actually, as Joey said, that's not completely true
In the Adult Timeline:
Link and Zelda defeat Ganon. When this happens, he is banished to the Sacred Realm by the Sages and Zelda sends Link back to the past. However, Ganon (in secret) kills the sages and breaks out of the Sacred Realm. After this he reeks havoc (and no one could stop him since the Master Sword was out of commission due to the death of the sages and the lack of Link) on Hyrule and the King and his people prayed to the Gods, and they flooded Hyrule. This led to Wind Waker.

In the Child Timeline:
Link is sent back to the past after killing Ganon in the alternate future. He tells Zelda about Ganondorf and he is condemned to execution. However, the Sages are unable kill him (since they're not using the master sword) and he is banished to the Sacred Realm, which he later breaks out of. This leads to Twilight Princess.

chartube12

Captain Chaz 86
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
SamAsh07 said:
chartube12 said:

Sig: "Zelda: Ocarina of Time 3D, The most over hyped game of the 3DS' first year. Every video game related site and their red-headed step children can't stop post about it. I personally hope it bombs out and becomes the biggest failure Nintendo ever had since the Virtual Boy."
@Your Sig: Are you mad because you never got past the Water Temple on the original OoT??

Nope. The water temple may have taken a day or two but i made it to Ganon's humanoid form. I only got that far on the collector disc, so i don't know if it was timing/lag issue but i never bounce the magic balls enough to damage him before i died. And I don't get the hype for the game. A link to the past and wind waker were so much better games.

machomuu

Drops by occasionally
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
chartube12 said:
SamAsh07 said:
chartube12 said:

Nope. The water temple may have taken a day or two but i made it to Ganon's humanoid form. I only got that far on the collector disc, so i don't know if it was timing/lag issue but i never bounce the magic balls enough to damage him before i died. And I don't get the hype for the game. IMO, A link to the past and wind waker were so much better games.
Fixed. Well, unless you can prove it. I hate it when people (including me when I get a little too defensive) state opinion as fact.

KingVamp

Haaah-hahahaha!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Maybe even if it over hype, you making it seem it the worst game ever.

Just because a great game doesn't "beat" another game, doesn't mean it isn't
great and getting too hyped.

gloweyjoey

who??
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
JoostinOnline said:
gloweyjoey said:
Miyamoto has said that there is an official timeline that only he and I think Aonuma are allowed to see.
Yeah, I but I think he is lying, considering how much stuff can't possibly make sense. Even the spit timeline theory (the most popular theory) doesn't fit with some of the stories. I don't think they really care about making stories work. Plus, come on, a timeline that nobody else is allowed to see?
What stuff cant possibly make sense? As for the split time line theory, i think it is hard to disprove as OoT does end the way it does but really we can examine physics all we want, but bottom line is that it's a video game.

machomuu

Drops by occasionally
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
gloweyjoey said:
JoostinOnline said:
gloweyjoey said:
What stuff cant possibly make sense? As for the split time line theory, i think it is hard to disprove as OoT does end the way it does but really we can examine physics all we want, but bottom line is that it's a video game.
True, but I think like a movie, painting, or book, A video game is art and such aspects shouldn't be overlooked. I mean seriously, the timeline theory is epic.

Holyevil

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Oh I wondered about the timeline thing, because I wondered if Majora's Mask was truly a sequel. (disregarding release dates. I'm talking about the timeline)

and so perhaps that might have been another reason to release OoT before it. Besides the obvious fact that for whatever reason, it got way more attention than MM.

About the hype, they are such great games. And although there's other many great games out there, lots of people played this when they were younger. So you've got a great game with the nostalgia factor. Everything seems better when you're a kid. Zelda is still great.

There's an almost creepy/dark air to it. Some of those characters were freaking weirdos.
The banker, and the weird musician guy from MM scared me.

JoostinOnline

Trophies
Website
www.hacksden.com
XP
Country
United States
gloweyjoey said:
JoostinOnline said:
gloweyjoey said:
I used to have a long list of them, but atm I can't remember much. Most of them were about the events of The Wind Waker and Twilight Princess. If you want I will try to remember more, but one big one was this:
When Young Link first pulls the Master Sword, the door to it has already been opened, meaning Ganondorf already has tricked the king, Zelda has fled into hiding, and Ganondorf already has entered the Sacred Realm. Going back in time to the point where you first pulled the sword means you still can't warn Zelda about what will happen. The dominoes have already started falling. If you assume he went back further in time, that means he is trapped behind the door.

KingVamp

Haaah-hahahaha!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So there no other reason why the door was open?

Haven't played btw...
tongue.gif

Well maybe some fan(s) will make a game for a Nintendo to tie it altogether.
laugh.gif

JoostinOnline

Trophies
Website
www.hacksden.com
XP
Country
United States
KingVamp said:
So there no other reason why the door was open?

Haven played btw...
tongue.gif

Well maybe some fan(s) will make a game for a Nintendo to tie it altogether.
laugh.gif
Link opened the door in attempt to get the Master Sword and stop Ganondorf. Unfortunately, that was just part of Ganondorf's plan. He let Link open the door so he could enter the Sacred Realm and obtain the Triforce. Watch this:
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E3ja1iEEgmM[/youtube]

KingVamp

Haaah-hahahaha!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Tba I'm going to not look at that, play the game and judge later.
laugh.gif

Time travel itself can be messing things up... guess that not possible.

Anyway I would like to hear more,but I really don't want to spoil the game.

gloweyjoey

who??
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
JoostinOnline said:
gloweyjoey said:
JoostinOnline said:
gloweyjoey said:
I used to have a long list of them, but atm I can't remember much. Most of them were about the events of The Wind Waker and Twilight Princess. If you want I will try to remember more, but one big one was this:
When Young Link first pulls the Master Sword, the door to it has already been opened, meaning Ganondorf already has tricked the king, Zelda has fled into hiding, and Ganondorf already has entered the Sacred Realm. Going back in time to the point where you first pulled the sword means you still can't warn Zelda about what will happen. The dominoes have already started falling. If you assume he went back further in time, that means he is trapped behind the door.
atfer reading your post again it seems you might be confused about 'doors'. Link uses the sacred stones to open the door to the chamber with the master sword. Link then pulls the master sword opening the 'door' to the sacred realm. Link is then sealed in a crystal thing for 7 years until he is actually old enough to wield the sword of evils bane. Ganondorf was following Link and let's himself in and tells Link that he let him in. It's all in the video you just posted. Im not sure if youre fore real or not cause you have seemed to contradict yourself.

When Link gets sent back at the end he doesnt get sent back to when he pulls the sword, he gets sent to the point were he first meets Zelda after getting the Kokiri Emerald

added spoilers

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Simple solution to Zelda's timeline:

The folks at the dev team are absolute shit at writing stories or making coherent timelines so they just threw it to the wind and made Zelda games whenever they felt like it. There's like 20 different Links, a million alternate universes, and continents they just pull out of their ass. Zelda is remembered for many things, but having great narrative is not one of them.

Deleted member 473940

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Guild McCommunist said:
Simple solution to Zelda's timeline:

The folks at the dev team are absolute shit at writing stories or making coherent timelines so they just threw it to the wind and made Zelda games whenever they felt like it. There's like 20 different Links, a million alternate universes, and continents they just pull out of their ass. Zelda is remembered for many things, but having great narrative is not one of them.
LOL true said.
I actually see every Zelda game as a seperate one. I dont try to "link" the story or anything at all
tongue.gif

JoostinOnline

Trophies
Website
www.hacksden.com
XP
Country
United States
gloweyjoey said:
JoostinOnline said:
gloweyjoey said:
JoostinOnline said:
gloweyjoey said:
atfer reading your post again it seems you might be confused about 'doors'. Link uses the sacred stones to open the door to the chamber with the master sword. Link then pulls the master sword opening the 'door' to the sacred realm. Link is then sealed in a crystal thing for 7 years until he is actually old enough to wield the sword of evils bane. Ganondorf was following Link and let's himself in and tells Link that he let him in. It's all in the video you just posted. Im not sure if youre fore real or not cause you have seemed to contradict yourself.

When Link gets sent back at the end he doesnt get sent back to when he pulls the sword, he gets sent to the point were he first meets Zelda after getting the Kokiri Emerald

added spoilers
Not true. The Door of Time is the door that leads to the Master Sword. When he opened the door, Ganondorf entered the Sacred Realm. And he does go back to when he first pulled the Master Sword, that's why the drawbridge in front of Hyrule Castle is always broken. Like I mentioned before, if he went back further in time than that, he would be trapped in the Chamber of the Master Sword.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    I @ idonthave: :)