Original Xbox turns itself on randomly

krzys4x

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
:yaypsp: its chipped alladin xt :sp: :lol: :) :gun: :discuss: :yaywii: :yaysp: :rolleyes: :switch: :psp: :yaysp::yaynds::yay3ds::yaywii::yayu::yayswitch::yaypsp::yayps3::yayone::switch::sp::psp::arrow::!:
Post automatically merged:

dont bother me I just unplugged it but yesterday I changed thermal paste I bought xbox classic in 2006

CoolMe

"Who am i, what am i?"
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This happens in-game or in the dash? Or both (randomly)? Does it boot if you power it on again after it does that?
Don't think It's the modchip, unless you messed with it, did you place everything as it was the heatsink/fan etc. as it was? could be something's loose and it's getting hot after a few mins, and turning off to prevent damage.
If not, could be the psu or the hdd is dying.

krzys4x

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
10 years ago but weird sometimes xbox one did it same u can google that is comon probelem even with series even wii

dont worry if it will dead I will buy another 1.6 modchiped I have another broken flashes red and green I think it was softmodded and didnt take another hdd I changed paste 2 in broken one

I played today 1 hour far cry instincs very demanding game in my opinion and it was fine xbox is connected by component cable 1080i on 4 k tv

Last edited by krzys4x,
  • Haha
Reactions: SylverReZ

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
3 main choices from where I sit.

The power button or eject button is on the blink (don't think it can be powered by controller but that would be another)

Network is plugged in and it has some kind of wake on LAN. Some networks then sending what it deems suitable requests for things here (usually a non standard DCHP what has blah mac address), unplug from network or change your network gear being how that tends to be sorted.

As above something fun on the board itself, possibly combined with power browning out in your house. 10 years ago would be earlier for clock caps to leak and possibly short something out but still known by that point. If it is a pre 1.6 board then open it up and snip it out while you are at it.

SylverReZ

The planet is fine. The people are crazy.
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
Website
m4x1mumrez87.neocities.org
XP
Country
United Kingdom
dont worry if it will dead I will buy another 1.6 modchiped I have another broken flashes red and green I think it was
If you're more patient enough, replace the capacitors with high-quality ones ensuring that they are the same value.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: Rye would get shot at sight.