1. wolven9

OP wolven9 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    I'm using Open PS2 Loader 0.9.3. I've tried defraging the drive and the game itself and it still says its fragmented. A few games work fine but others don't. Any advice? (I'm using PowerDefragmenter_3.0 btw)

Last edited by wolven9, Oct 1, 2016
  2. ShaolinAssassin

ShaolinAssassin GBAtemp Regular

France
    Use Auslogics Disk Defrag instead.

3. wolven9

OP wolven9 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    I've used it before and it still doesn't work. I've tried defraggler as well

4. ShaolinAssassin

ShaolinAssassin GBAtemp Regular

France
    Ok. When you say "it still says its fragmented", who is "it" ? Warning message from OPL itself before you launch your game, or the defragmenter you used ?

If it's from the defragmenter, then in OPL, turn Check USB fragmentation ON [Settings screen]. If OPL doesnt warn you, it's not a fragmentation issue, but maybe a compatibility issue (you can check OPL compatibility list here : http://sx.sytes.net/oplcl/games.aspx).

BTW, which format did you use ? USBExtreme (ul.xxx) or .iso ?

5. Shams

Shams Newbie
    Newcomer

Egypt
    The problem happens to me too! i love NFS Undercover It's my childhood game, finally when T smthing (i don't remember his name) made DVDboot, i can finally play 'em! but NFS isn't woking i've tried hunderds of tutorials and non of 'em worked, so can you please help me? it says "Error, Game is fragmented" i've defragged the USB and even the game itself! when i turn off "Check game fragmentation" the game stops on green screen, you then might say do the fixes i should do when a greenn screen appear, nothing happens...i've checked the MD5, defragged the USB and the ISO itself, i've checked for a better source online for ROMs still nothing worked so can you please help me? AnYoNe PlEaSe!!!

Last edited by Shams, Aug 2, 2020
  6. Shams

Shams Newbie
    Newcomer

Egypt
    okay, don't bother you're self, i just used another app to defrag the game and it work!

alexander1970 likes this.
  7. WG481

WG481 Member
    Newcomer

United States
    What app?

8. rs1n

rs1n GBAtemp Regular

United States
    This may be a silly question but are you using an external hard drive? Or are you using a USB flash drive (including SDD)? The former can be defragmented but the latter should never be defragmented. In the latter case your best bet is to copy the contents onto a different drive and then copy everything back.

9. WG481

WG481 Member
    Newcomer

United States
    USB. I have a Slim

Draft saved Draft deleted

Hide similar threads Similar threads with keywords - fragmented, Error,