OP
Trophies
Website
nds-roms.com
XP
Country
United States
Here's the deal,
my father is thinking of opening what I like to call a LAN arena. The idea is it's a place where there are TVs and consoles set up, and people can go to play with others or have LAN parties (we supply a large variety of LANable games as well as nonLAN games such as fighting games). It's something to do at night and on the weekends with friends or anyone else.

My family is somewhat at ends concerning a name for the place, and we have come down to these:

Game On
LIVE (long island virtual experience, long island videogame experience, something like that)
GamePlay
X arena
The Underground

Just tell me which you think is the best. New ideas are absolutely welcome.

Thank you very much for your input
cool.gif

SynGamer

Trophies
Website
syngamer.com
XP
Country
United States
Personally, i like "The Underground". I live in a small college town (2 colleges 5 minutes apart) and we had a place with roughly 16 high-end gaming rigs, a projector for TV, and then 2 TVs and a 10 foot screen for consoles. Place lasted 2 years
frown.gif
Location was great too, about a 10-15 minute walk from both campuses.

Harsky

Madmin
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I used to go to one of those when my PC was shit at running good games. But recently they're holding more and more tournaments behind locked doors (wtf?) and so any chances of customers wanting to play is outta luck. Not too keen on any of those name. If I was to open up one of those places, I'd probably call it, 1UP or something.

cruddybuddy

Group: Banned!
Banned
Trophies
Website
varpness.com
XP
Country
United States
Here are some non-sarcastic names for your place!

Coolplex
Funland
Awesome Zone
Neat Place

EDIT: I've added this second list that is sure to get lots of clients, I mean visitors.

Sextopia
Red Light District
Live Nudes
There-Are-Prostitutes-Inside-Of-This-Building

Or maybe just something simple and non-allusion like "Hot Chicks Room" or "Bucket of Truth."

Veho

The man who cried "Ni".
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
A gaming hell is supposed to have a cliche' name. Here are some ideas:

The Zone

LAN Lane

GamerHaven

Hard Drive

Max Override

(Oh, what the hell) Gaming Hell

Gamer Hell

The Pit (Game Pit)

The Cage

Arcadeshop

Game Location

Game32.dll

Psyfira

Credit: 0ml. Insert tea to continue
Trophies
XP
Country
GamePlay is the name of a UK based mail order game shop (www.gameplay.co.uk), and LIVE sounds a bit too similar to XBox-Live IMO. So probably not a good idea to go with either of those.

5uck3rpunch

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Here are some non-sarcastic names for your place!

Coolplex
Funland
Awesome Zone
Neat Place

EDIT: I've added this second list that is sure to get lots of clients, I mean visitors.

Sextopia
Red Light District
Live Nudes
There-Are-Prostitutes-Inside-Of-This-Building

Or maybe just something simple and non-allusion like "Hot Chicks Room" or "Bucket of Truth."

Dude, I don't know who is funnier - you or mrthnite!!! You RAWK!!!
rofl2.gif
I especially like "There-Are-Prostitutes-Inside-Of-This-Building".

EDIT: Oh yeah - you being in Long Island should call it "No Joey Buttafucco Here!". U might get some business....from Any Fsiher!!

Foie

That one guy
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Don't know how successful you are going to be with landing some of those names. They seem like they would be taken already. Good luck though! If I lived in Long Island, I'd stop by
wink.gif

RayorDragonFall

I see you've played knifey-spoony before.
Trophies
XP
Country
My vote goes to either The Underground or The Cage.
Something thats not too complicated and that has a nice ring to it would be a good choice.

[M]artin

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Try adding the word The before a word even though it makes close to no sense. There's an arcade around here called "The Hip". Maybe something like "The Edge" will suffice. You want a name that's short, sweet, and easy to pronounce yet unique so that people will know it by name and recall it instantly.

Another good tactic is using a verb for your Lan center's name such as the one that's by my house. My Lan center's name is Ignite. Short, sweet, simple to remember, and actually a little fun to say.
wink.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @Psionic Roshambo, i also watch my hero academia and rewatching dragón ball starting from the og...