• Thread starter Deleted User
  • Start date
  • Views 4,960
  • Replies 46
D

Deleted User

OP
-3DS only £320, so is NGP according to Codemasters

UK publishing and development giant Codemasters has told CVG that it expects the price of Sony NGP (PSP2) to be in line with Nintendo's 3DS in the UK.

ngp-3ds-thumb.JPG

Although Nintendo has refused to put a Suggested Retail Price on 3DS in Europe, stores have begun taking pre-orders for the device at around £230 / EURO 240.

Sony premièred its NGP yesterday morning (UK time) in Tokyo. It confirmed impressive technical specs - including a five inch OLED screen.

"My hope [for the NGP price] is sub £200," Codies CEO Rod Cousens told CVG, "but I suspect something in the £229 - £249 [range] to be more likely."

Cousens claimed that Sony had "[learnt] the lesson of over-engineered hardware" with the first PSP, and suggested that NGP's more social capabilities may give it a stronger footing in the market.

Following NGP's reveal, Sony yesterday clarified that the console would arrive over multiple SKUs. All will have WiFi connectivity, but only one - almost certain to be the most expensive - will also house 3G.

Sony also unveiled PlayStation Suite at its Tokyo event - which will allow its games to be played on Android mobile devices.

Cousens added: "The portable segment is highly contested beyond traditional hardware vendors, so to succeed is no small task.

"Sony knows the lesson of over-engineered hardware and high software development costs only too well - so the more interesting aspect is NGP's eco-system and infrastructure.

"The crossover network and Playstation Suite might be well heeded by the young pretenders in the space; they could well find they have a fight on their hands in getting noticed, and the stakes are rising.

"It's all to play for and reputation, past glories and technological superiority are not guarantees for leadership."

zRussian

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I doubt it because the NGP is much more powerful than the 3DS and besides the PSP cost more during its launch so there is no way NGP is going to cost less.

Maedhros

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
zRussian said:
I doubt it because the NGP is much more powerful than the 3DS and besides the PSP cost more during its launch so there is no way NGP is going to cost less.
LOL, there's no doubt, it is more powerfull, that's a fact.

BTW: I don't believe this price range too... it's really much less than what I expect ($250~$350)

EDIT: This title is deceiving...

Law

rip ninjacat that zarcon made me
Trophies
Website
www.twitch.tv
XP
Country
Maedhros said:
zRussian said:

BTW: I don't believe this price range too... it's really much less than what I expect ($250~$350)

£230 = $370

edit: and yeah the title is wrong because they're just guessing, they aren't confirming it.

Recorderdude

Musician, Animator, Buffoon.
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Law said:
Maedhros said:
zRussian said:

£230 = $370

goddamn, our dollar is weak.

Cloak519

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Law said:
Maedhros said:
zRussian said:

£230 = $370
Makes no sense anyway. The American 3DS price isn't the same as the UK 3DS price, so why would the UK NGP price have to be the same as the American NGP price?
EDIT: Not directed at you Law, sorry.

Maedhros

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Law said:
Maedhros said:
zRussian said:

£230 = $370

edit: and yeah the title is wrong because they're just guessing, they aren't confirming it.
How much will cost the 3DS on the UK?
£250 right?

Cloak519

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Maedhros said:
How much will cost the 3DS on the UK?
£250 right?
£230, I think.
Pre-orders are £220 saying it saves you £10 so...
But the UK 3DS price doesn't exactly 'translate' into the American 3DS price.

Maikel Steneker

M3 Fanboy
Trophies
Website
ndss.nl
XP
Country
Netherlands
If this is true, the price in dollars should be about 250-300 dollars. Also, it would be incredibly good for Sony. With a similar price, the NGP has a good chance of beeating the 3DS.

Cloak519

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Maikel Steneker said:
If this is true, the price in dollars should be about 250-300 dollars. Also, it would be incredibly good for Sony. With a similar price, the NGP has a good chance of beeating the 3DS.
If this price is right then Sony have made the right move.
I'm too negative to think the NGP will beat the 3DS... but I think it will be a close competitor at this price.

Maedhros

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Even if the price is the same was 3DS (which I doubt), it's the games who will say who will "win" (everyone wins, really).

Sony needs something really amazing to impress me, like a FF VII Remake (or VI) or a game as much. In other words, a system seller (like OoT).

Opium

PogoShell it to me ™
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Australia
QUOTE said:
Sony NGP only £230 according to Codemasters

QUOTE"My hope [for the NGP price] is sub £200," Codies CEO Rod Cousens told CVG, "but I suspect something in the £229 - £249 [range] to be more likely."

My nomination for misleading topic of the year 2011.

Wintrale

Trophies
XP
Country
Ignoring the fact that this is about his hopes and not the actual cost, it's stupid to hope this costs the same as the 3DS. Remember the DS and PSP at their respective launches? The former cost £100, the latter cost £180. So expecting the PSP2 to be any less than £300 is really pointless because it won't be.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    NinStar @ NinStar: we are fucked