[opinion] Good cias for 3ds

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by chaosrunner, Jan 20, 2016.

1. chaosrunner
    OP

chaosrunner Substitute Soul Reaper

Banned
    Sep 27, 2015
    Canada
    Hueco Mundo
    so i wanna fill up my emunand homemenu with apps but i dont know any good apps., also what are some must have cia apps

2. Zidapi

Zidapi GBAtemp Addict

Dec 1, 2002
    First and foremost, yellows8's homebrew launcher. Also, SaveDataFiler, FBI/DevMenu, BootNTR, CTRX Explorer, FreeMultiPatcher that's what I have anyhow.

chaosrunner likes this.
  3. chaosrunner
    OP

Banned
    Sep 27, 2015
    Canada
    Hueco Mundo
    thanks also why does some games after i exit force it into sysnand

4. _Pro_Man_

_Pro_Man_ GBAtemp Regular

May 21, 2015
    United States
    Some games do a system reboot if you close out of them, which would boot you back into sysnand (if you don't have anything that automatically launches your emunand). I know for a fact that Smash Bros and System Settings reboot if you exit them, I don't know if there are other games/apps. The solution to this if you want to exit the game is to open another game/app. So you would press the home menu button and then open another game. This only works for games that reboot, there is no solution for System Settings. Hope this helped!

chaosrunner likes this.
  5. chaosrunner
    OP

Banned
    Sep 27, 2015
    Canada
    Hueco Mundo
    thanks helped alot

6. LeSpaz

LeSpaz Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Jan 5, 2016
    United States
    wait really?
    i'm using rxtools and when i exit out of smash bros (home menu then exit game) i'm still in emunand.
    but yeah, can definitely vouch for systems settings rebooting you.

7. Memoir

Memoir A Hero to Zero

GBAtemp Patron
    Memoir is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Jun 24, 2007
    United States
    Wyoming
    O3ds reboots, n3ds does not..

8. RSA6974

RSA6974 Newbie

Newcomer
    Feb 26, 2011
    United States
    Well, since I have a N3DS XL, what cia packages should I have...?

Off-topic: Is DevMenu compatible with N3DS?

9. treebeard

treebeard Member

Newcomer
    Jan 6, 2016
    United States
    Lost
    DevMenu is compatible, and as for which cias for N3DS there isnt much difference between an O3DS and a N3DS. To start off I would recommend @Zidapi 's list.

10. Sumea

Sumea Disco Ninja Frog

Aug 16, 2008
    Finland
    Turku
    All games that do the custom boot on O3DS for better performance and also block miiverse/browser usage to probably free up all the memory for the game, seem to do hotboot when you exit out of them. This also is not the case for N3DS.

Additionally as we more or less know exiting from GBA game or DS/i software also hotboots the console since it already was hotbooted into different firm mode. It is REALLY nice to setup something autobooting with homemenuhax on your sysnand as that will take you back where you want to be without any input, even if the bootup to CFW does take time... Or crashes occasionally but hey.