Hacking open xmenu.dat error

dismeeir

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i was trying to delete a save file for a rom and when i started up my n-card, before getting to the usb mode/ menu choice, it comes up with a white screen with blue text saying "Error: Open xmenu.dat error!"

i've read a few guides but all of those cases seem to have access to usb mode, is there a way to get around this or have i just bricked my n-card?

Porkdish

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Hook the card up via USB writer to the PC, use the key combo to put your card into upgrade mode (typically shows red text on a white background), run a firmware update. the .bat type update method. Hopefully after you can successfully format via the key combo for that and drag a fresh copy of xmenu.dat from the latest firmware update, to the card.

dismeeir

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
you my friend, are a hero. works great now. thanks
biggrin.gif

jocelyn77

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hook the card up via USB writer to the PC, use the key combo to put your card into upgrade mode (typically shows red text on a white background), run a firmware update. the .bat type update method. Hopefully after you can successfully format via the key combo for that and drag a fresh copy of xmenu.dat from the latest firmware update, to the card.

uhh, can u explain this in a way I can understand it plz?

Biscuitboy

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Boot up with the usb connected, holding start+select, it should go into the format menu, choose quick format and when it's finished it should then go straight into usb mode and connect up with your pc, allowing you to copy a xmenu.dat file over.

paul1991

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Take the .NDS file and put it on your desktop.
Open up the "Removable Disk" in the "My Computer" Section
Drag the .NDS file into the open windows explorer window.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Well start walking towards them +1