Hacking Open Manager

Zetta_x

The Insane Statistician
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Apparently when you delete the old back up manager it takes away the folder with all the games in it.

Has anyone tried installing open manager (and setting the directory to the LAUNCH folder), then delete the old backup manager to see if it still deletes the games?

DeltaBurnt

I'm bored
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Zetta_x said:
Apparently when you delete the old back up manager it takes away the folder with all the games in it.

Has anyone tried installing open manager (and setting the directory to the LAUNCH folder), then delete the old backup manager to see if it still deletes the games?

It would still delete them because the GAMEZ folder is a sub folder of the LAUN12345 game folder, meaning when it's deleted all of it's sub folders are deleted.

Shabutie78

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
SpaceJump said:
Can't you have different Managers installed at the same time? What folder does the Open Manager use?

or... just use common sense and install open manager, since it has a different gameID/installation folder, it won't overwrite your LAUN12345.
then just use blackb0x FTP to move all your games from ~/LAUN12345/GAMEZ into ~/OMANxxxxx/GAMEZ then uninstall the ugly old backup manager from the xmb.
then when you start up open manager for the first time, it sets the backup folder to ~/OMANxxxxx/GAMEZ.

Zetta_x

The Insane Statistician
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
When we want to install a new updated open manager, what would happen if we install the new one but delete the old one, will it take the games with it?

doped505069

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Okay I just tried it. It looks great and definitely works. It puts your games in alphabetical order not BLUS0003478 order.

It asks you the first time you launch it if you want to run games from LAUN1234 just say yes and walla they will all be there.

As for deleting your old backup manager dont do it it will delete your games exactly like Shabutie78 says above you will have to transfer them to the (~/OMANxxxxx/GAMEZ) directory before you delete the old manager or you will lose everything.

I will do this later when I could be bothered for now who cares about the old manager being there on the gui.

Thanks to DeltaBurnt for posting this i haven't been on any ps forums 4 a while.
I hadn't seen this b4 & now im loving it.
(I prefer GBATEMP any day).

Zetta_x

The Insane Statistician
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sweet doped505069, you rock!

Ok, so all my games theoretically would be in the OMANxxxxx folder after I do this. Lets say version 1.2 of open manager comes out. I don't have my PS3 connected to the internet so even if it was even possible for open manager to auto update, I wouldn't be able to use it.

Lets say I install this new version of Open Manager, we have two outcomes:

1) Open manager 1.1x does not get replaced and is still there

2) Open manager 1.1x does get replaced, in the case I won't have to worry about deleting the old open manager.

In the case 1, on the xmb menu I will have open manager 1.1x and 1.2. So if I delete open manager 1.1x, will it take the OMANxxxxx (technically my games will still be in this folder) along with it?

Even though 1.2 has not been released yet, people have moved from 1.1x to 1.1y where x < y. I am pretty sure someone has went through the same thing before.

doped505069

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Honestly I don't know if i told you the answer I would be lying good point though.

Can someone answer this?

(Oh by the way when your asked to run games from LAUN1234 it doesn't move them it just runs them from there you will have to move them yourself with the file manager I tried to do it today with filezilla and it wouldn't let me move files internally so you will have to use awesome file manager.)

Okay I just found a bug with open manager. When you launch a backup it doesn't warn you that there's no disc in the drive and takes you out to the menu thinking there is one in there and then there's no disc displayed I suppose its not a big problem but it was good how the backup manager warned you

skx7

Trophies
XP
Country
i just received my ps3key and installed open manager 1.13. all is working fine but it would like to know how to ftp

i can see the ftp on/off button but the ip address is not displayed. how do i know the ip address, username and password (if applicable)?

DeltaBurnt

I'm bored
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
doped505069 said:
Honestly I don't know if i told you the answer I would be lying good point though.

Can someone answer this?

(Oh by the way when your asked to run games from LAUN1234 it doesn't move them it just runs them from there you will have to move them yourself with the file manager I tried to do it today with filezilla and it wouldn't let me move files internally so you will have to use awesome file manager.)

Okay I just found a bug with open manager. When you launch a backup it doesn't warn you that there's no disc in the drive and takes you out to the menu thinking there is one in there and then there's no disc displayed I suppose its not a big problem but it was good how the backup manager warned you

That's meant to happen, the open manager uses the PSGroove 1.1 hermes modified payload which makes it so backup managers don't require a disc to run.

If you don't have a device with this feature you can't use open manager.

QUOTE(MakiManPR @ Oct 2 2010, 05:22 AM) is there a way to pass the games that i have on my pc to the PS3 without the PS3 ftp??

Use the file manager application. You'll need an external hard drive big enough to hold the game (or flash drive) and make sure it's formatted to FAT32. Then you need to make sure you split files above 4GB with the windows program included with the file manager. The split files will automatically be re-merged when you copy them over to the PS3. You CANNOT play games with split files off of your external hard drive.

MakiManPR

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
doped505069 said:
MakiManPR said:
is there a way to pass the games that i have on my pc to the PS3 without the PS3 ftp??

Use the file manager application. You'll need an external hard drive big enough to hold the game (or flash drive) and make sure it's formatted to FAT32. Then you need to make sure you split files above 4GB with the windows program included with the file manager. The split files will automatically be re-merged when you copy them over to the PS3. You CANNOT play games with split files off of your external hard drive.

Thz np I just want to pass them to my ps3 where they will have a faster loading time
thanks again a mill!!!

Zetta_x

The Insane Statistician
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Oh if anyone was ever wondering, if you are switching from the old backup manager to open manager, just rename the laun12345 folder to OMANxxxxx. Drop off all the icons in the newly created OMAN folder including homebrew folder. Put the LAUN12345 contents in the old OMAN folder and rename it to LAUNC12345. You can now delete the old back up manager without deleting your old games and you didn't have to spend several hours moving them from each other's folders.

(hint view program information to make sure the size of the backup manager you are deleting is not the size of all your games, for example, if it says the size of the program is 340GB, you are deleting the backup manager that has all your games in it)

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
1.14.2 is available.

v1.14 changelog
-------------------
It's a minor update
- Corrected the spelling and grammar problems of the first release thanks to DJLO
- changed the icon to what is provided by ir00t
- The Open manager termination will be done without crashing if user presses the PS button and selects the “Quit Game” menu.

v1.14.2 changelog
------------------
Another minor update
- You can now use left arrow and right arrow for page-down and page-up functionality in game list.
- Free space will be shown below each device and notice that depending on the amount the unit will change to GB,MB,KB or B.
[/p]

I just wanted to put a link to the official thread for people who want to follow the progress.
http://psx-scene.com/forums/showthread.php?t=67462

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: Where's everybody?