Homebrew OoT3DHax PowerSave Edition

mitroux

Trophies
XP
Country
Macau
@zoogie could you please compile an offline version of oot3dhax ?
and if possible too , i wanna host the yellow browserhax on my android , any help? thank you

supercarotte

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Cool, thanks. Any ideas on where I can find a save file for mine? I'm aware my setup isn't the most common.
Isn't it there ?
Should be the highest home menu version in this pack
https://github.com/yellows8/oot3dhax/releases

https://github.com/yellows8/oot3dhax/releases

Yellows8 released a new version of it's collection of powersave savefiles on march 1st, which includes 10.6 (hence 10.7) payloads. It's the second release on the page (branded "latest release"), and you should search for a file that ends by "_24576_9221.bin".

EDIT :ninja:

GraveSoul29

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm a complete newbie when it comes to 3ds hacking, but I've had triumphs with my old PSP back in the day. Don't get me wrong I've done the homework and read this, that, and the other and have everything I need (from the game to powersaves pro) so i can finally get cfw on my 3ds but I'm still confused about how to go about OoTHax and what to do, especially with the savefile(sounds pretty sad I bet). If anyone can give me an easy play-by-play of what to that would go a long way.

supercarotte

Trophies
XP
Country
France
I'm a complete newbie when it comes to 3ds hacking, but I've had triumphs with my old PSP back in the day. Don't get me wrong I've done the homework and read this, that, and the other and have everything I need (from the game to powersaves pro) so i can finally get cfw on my 3ds but I'm still confused about how to go about OoTHax and what to do, especially with the savefile(sounds pretty sad I bet). If anyone can give me an easy play-by-play of what to that would go a long way.
If you have a 10.7 3DS and don't own cubic nija, your only option left to access HBL (the homebrew menu from which you will launch a bunch of tools that will help setup a CFW) is OoT3DHax.

It can be setup by 2 different ways. One is an installer you launch from the HBL (was useful for older FW version for which there were other entry points), the other is using the powersave to import the needed custom savefiles.
Note that, if you own a cartridge version and know a friend that has access to HBL, you can have him setup OoT3DHax for you. Obviously you'll need a cart version to use with powersave too.

Now for the powersave instructions:
  1. Backup your current save with the PS
  2. Go to https://github.com/yellows8/oot3dhax/releases and downloaded thé archive from the second link (03-01-16)
  3. In this archive, find the savefiles you need : it's in the "powersave savefiles" folder, then v1.0 or 1.1 (depends on your cart version, try one folder then the other), then choose your he's region folder. If you are on 10.7, you'll need the last file from this folder.
  4. Go to where your PS saves are stored (default is C:/User/powersave I think)
  5. Find the folder that contains the savefile you created at 1. & replace it with the one from the archive (make sure you change its name too)
  6. Use the PS software to import that savefile into your cartridge
  7. Launch the game, you should only have 1 savefile with a strange name. When you launch it, young link is in his kokiri house with max sticks on all his buttons. Press A to crash the game into HBL.
Note that you won't be able to use the other save slots, because the payload needed for oot3dhax takes up the space of 5 slots in the cart's memory.

GraveSoul29

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Everytime I try to start up the hack from Links house the black screen keeps saying "The Homemenu ropbin is ready" before kicking me back to the Home menu. What does that mean and where do I go from there.

P.S. Probably forgot to mention that my 3DS has 10.6.0-31 U if that matters.

Last edited by GraveSoul29,

DevilzCY

Trophies
XP
Country
If you have a 10.7 3DS and don't own cubic nija, your only option left to access HBL (the homebrew menu from which you will launch a bunch of tools that will help setup a CFW) is OoT3DHax.

It can be setup by 2 different ways. One is an installer you launch from the HBL (was useful for older FW version for which there were other entry points), the other is using the powersave to import the needed custom savefiles.
Note that, if you own a cartridge version and know a friend that has access to HBL, you can have him setup OoT3DHax for you. Obviously you'll need a cart version to use with powersave too.

Now for the powersave instructions:
  1. Backup your current save with the PS
  2. Go to https://github.com/yellows8/oot3dhax/releases and downloaded thé archive from the second link (03-01-16)
  3. In this archive, find the savefiles you need : it's in the "powersave savefiles" folder, then v1.0 or 1.1 (depends on your cart version, try one folder then the other), then choose your he's region folder. If you are on 10.7, you'll need the last file from this folder.
  4. Go to where your PS saves are stored (default is C:/User/powersave I think)
  5. Find the folder that contains the savefile you created at 1. & replace it with the one from the archive (make sure you change its name too)
  6. Use the PS software to import that savefile into your cartridge
  7. Launch the game, you should only have 1 savefile with a strange name. When you launch it, young link is in his kokiri house with max sticks on all his buttons. Press A to crash the game into HBL.
Note that you won't be able to use the other save slots, because the payload needed for oot3dhax takes up the space of 5 slots in the cart's memory.

Thank you for the detail instruction. So the cart can only be used to access hbl? I cant play a normal game with other save like ironhax?

supercarotte

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Everytime I try to start up the hack from Links house the black screen keeps saying "The Homemenu ropbin is ready" before kicking me back to the Home menu. What does that mean and where do I go from there.

P.S. Probably forgot to mention that my 3DS has 10.6.0-31 U if that matters.

Like I Saïd, there are 2 versions of thé game & 2 different savefiles or them. Did you try the other one ?

Thank you for the detail instruction. So the cart can only be used to access hbl? I cant play a normal game with other save like ironhax?

You can't while you keep oot3dhax. If you downgrade & install a full CFW sysNAND you won't need it anymore.

Reactions: DevilzCY
D

Deleted User

For all of the Japanese 3DS owners, what Powersaves dongle do you use? Because I don't think there's a Japanese one but I know you can hack and backup games with Japanese games. I have a North American Powersaves dongle and I know I can't use EU cartridges with it, so I'm curious if JP cartridges don't work either.

Since the Japanese version of the New 3DS LL in Pearl White is $65 cheaper than the Play-Asia NSTC U/C compatible version, I'm deciding to purchase it. Also, does anyone know what firmware should come with the system.

TLDR: what save dongle do I use for Japanese cartridges and what firmware comes on the new 3ds LL in white from JP (sry it's sloppy)

AnnappaPoojary

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Anybody ready to trade a EU Powersave license key with my US license key. I own a EU o3ds and got US license key. I have contacted Powersaves support also..but they havent replied yet.

Action Replay Powersaves Cheat Device for 3ds Games https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00CQ9L1Z6/ref=cm_sw_r_wa_awd_gVXfxb85BWZ43

Without the license i am not able to do oot3dhax. Please help!! [emoji24] [emoji24]

Sent from my ASUS_Z00AD using Tapatalk

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Bueno