Hacking oops i fked it up

leech2

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
hi !

i could need a few hints/tips from one of you pros. im a bit "deadlocked" with my wii.
i have a pal wii with argon, days ago i booted some game that wanted me to update - didnt pay atention.

next thing i know - i could no more access the system config. later on i found out with anyregion that my system menue is 3.3 japanese now.
great.

even thou i did spend hours browsing the board and reading howtos i was not able to downgrade. everytime i got error -1 when utilities tried to DL stuff (anyregion or iosdown iE).
but i could download stuff with wadbrowser or weatherchannel. i can asure that network did work. ma SD card is 2GB sandisk - fresh formatted too. (and not only once)

so now day 3 gone and good 16 hours spent already trying all different kind of hbrew utilities and things like wii-system-menu-update-PAL-v290-repad nothing had success.

so i went into japanese system menue once more and did a system memory format (ohnoes)
system menue is japanese, game area europe - language english. im stuck at the wii menu - i can access sys menu (jap ;p) but when i insert a disc nothing happens
so now no more HBC, and - TATAAAA - even thou i have a mod chip - original games wont start neiter do backups.

has anyone any idea what i can try besides smashing my wii against my head for not paying enough attention what firmware that fking game wanted to install ?
thanks in advance ! im real desperate.

Ericthegreat

Not New Member
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think you need the recovery disk but originals not booting up sounds bad i think you can only boot games from your region so you would need to go back to your region to boot games. Also i would try formating your SD card I had problems installing Mplayer until i formated my sd card with the panasonic formater could do the same for the downgrader.

leech2

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
did update - now i got JAP 3.4 and still i cant boot original NOR backups.
so how is formatting my SD for the 7th time help here

WiiPower

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Hmm i have an idea, but i don't know if this might make things worse, so this is just a suggestion from someone who didn't do the stuff he supposes himself...

Get a system menu wad from you region, you can extract one with wufe from a disc or with Trucha Signer or WiiScrubber from a .iso.

(method 1:)
And then overwrite the one currently installed system menu with the extracted one with the WAD Manager. This is very dangerous, if something happens to your system menu your Wii is bricked AND it won't be able to boot autoboot and recovery discs as these need the system menu, even if it's skipped.

(method 2:)
Delete the system menu with AnyTitleDeleter(now a return to system menu would be a full brick), return to the HBC and run the WAD Manager to install the system menu from your region.

I don't know which method is more safe, method 1 could mess something up, and with method 2 your Wii is technically bricked after the AnyTitleDeleter and i don't know if it's capable to delete the system menu

As said before this is really dangerous and it would be a good idea to wait some hours to get some comments on this.

yikkyon

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Did you try any JAP games?
If they work, then get a copy of Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess on wii
Do the twilight hacking in there and BAM Homebrew Channel!

You should've tried using Geeko OS.

If that doesn't help then I feel bad for you...
Get a new wii withOUT mod chip...
Then get Backup Laucher/CIOSCORP....

leech2

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i did try to replace the main.bol of an JAP gameiso with the wadmanager bol using trucha.
but didnt boot. i didnt try an original JAP - simply dont have one.

im not sure if my mod chip thells WII PAL game inside and now my WII wants JAPs instead.
i own a RVL-001 S/N leh1469xxx - guess D2C.
argon A3p250 - 17 wires. FW 1.8 (again - i guess)

problem was:
some game did install JAP system menue 3.3, i could no more access system menue unless i did use AnyRegionChanger and switch consolearea from my location to JAPAN.
then i could acess the menue (and swt up wireless(all in japanese thou)).

while consolearea switched to japanese it wont let me start ANY game at all - not original or backup.

i made a mistake and did format system memory and online update. i thought it will switch over again to 3.4E but it did install 3.4J.

now im not able to load any DVD at all - what can i do ?
does argon still tell my wii its PAL game inserted and wii needs now JAP because of the region change i did ?

if so - can i swap the region Argon ? or doesnt that work like that at all

sorry for my english - im a bit tired already that ghost wii gives me headache

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Just get the entire library it's like 4gb