Online Bans?

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by Pokeman060, Nov 16, 2016.

1. Pokeman060
    OP

Pokeman060 Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Sep 10, 2013
    Canada
    I currently use a Gateway with my 3DS on sysNAND 4.4 and emuNAND on 11.1

How do the online bans work? Does it only apply to playing Pokemon Sun/Moon ROM online? Or will I be banned for playing any game online?

For example, would I still be able to play online with my other ROMs? The ROMs that I injected with a header (from one of my other retail games) and renamed to .3dz?

2. SagaP

SagaP Member

Newcomer
    Nov 3, 2015
    Venezuela
    ok this is a good question, i don't know if i am baned, because, i enter "festi plaza" but without going online, (you can enter "festi plaza" with the 3ds wireless off)

3. Loltag22

Loltag22 Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Mar 10, 2016
    Italy
    No... You don't get banned if you we're Always offline...

Last edited by Loltag22, Nov 16, 2016
  4. SagaP

SagaP Member

Newcomer
    Nov 3, 2015
    Venezuela
    well i only use the browser yesterday while playing Kigndom Hearts 3D, nothing pokemon related, so i gues i'm fine. but anyway i'm gona stay low with the wireless off and i'm going to uninstall the game, and see what hapens the 18th.

5. Skeet1983

Skeet1983 GBAtemp Addict

Apr 22, 2012
    United States
    Somewhere, out there...
    I am curious about this also... I will be picking up Sun tomorrow night at a local game store and was going to put it on my GW... Should I be concerned?

6. SagaP

SagaP Member

Newcomer
    Nov 3, 2015
    Venezuela
    as long as you play the at the day or before the game release yo should be fine, and GW? (do you mean Getaway?) i use luma cwf, so i not so sure about that.

7. Skeet1983

Skeet1983 GBAtemp Addict

Apr 22, 2012
    United States
    Somewhere, out there...
    GW as in Gateway, yes

8. SagaP

SagaP Member

Newcomer
    Nov 3, 2015
    Venezuela
    only for using Gateway, you are at risk of ban, or so i heard
    (repeat: i don't know much about 3ds flash cards, wait until you are sure, nobody want a ban 3ds)

Last edited by SagaP, Nov 16, 2016
  9. Pokeman060
    OP

Pokeman060 Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Sep 10, 2013
    Canada
    "As a result of a number of Nintendo 3DS users using unauthorized versions of several games, and connecting to the official game servers in violation of our terms of service, these users’ Nintendo 3DS systems that stored the unauthorized game code have been banned from Nintendo’s online network effective immediately."

What exactly does it mean by unauthorized version of game? Is that referring to ROMs downloaded online (with your header injected into it)? And authorized versions would just be retail copies from stores?

Also, do the bans only apply to people playing online before the game is released? So if I downloaded the ROM after Pokemon Sun/Moon is released, would I be safe from bans?

10. gamesquest1

gamesquest1 Nabnut

Sep 23, 2013
    inb4 ninty released a fake leak to ban everyone.....:ph34r:

but no I guess they are basically saying pirated, but trying to avoid telling people who don't know that they can pirate