• Nintendo(Nes, Snes, Gb/c, GBA, DS/2DS/3DS

Votes: 15 31.9%
  • SEGA(master, dreamcast!!!)

Votes: 1 2.1%
  • PC master race(OMG LED EVERYTHING)

Votes: 15 31.9%
  • Apple(don't ask why)

• The Rest( Atari, ZX, C64/128, Turbo x16)

• Android aka Google enters gaming world

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Byokugen

Unit_01
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of
Ok, let's make this one count!
One system to rule them all! To make it easier a bit, cast your vote, share, so everyone can cast their vote

I vote first, even though I grew up on NES/SMS my heart goes to Playstation, played Resident Evil.when I was 8, Sillent Hill when I was 10, changed my life :-)

Byokugen

Unit_01
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of
My vote went for Nintendo, but with Playstation at a tight second. PSP is definitely pulling more weight than all the other PS consoles combined, though, at least for me.
Let's agree to disagree :-) I love PSP, emulation on the go, ps1 games and it's own game library is huge, but I would love ps2 games on the go

Taleweaver

Storywriter
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
I really don't want to vote or suggest that my vote is somehow superior (fuck...if you don't count rocksmith on PC, I'm currently more gaming on my wiiu and vita), but if it has to be one system, it really has to be the PC. Largest line-up, largest diversification, best customizability, best emulators, no backward compatibility issues, free online...I can go on, but you all get the point.

Yes, it used to be that PC's were more complex and expensive. But complexity is seriously diminished over time, and the cost...erm...that really depends on what games you want to play (assuming you already have some peripherals like mouse, keyboard and monitor, a PC for the price point of a console will net you a very reasonable line-up).

Byokugen

Unit_01
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of
I really don't want to vote or suggest that my vote is somehow superior (fuck...if you don't count rocksmith on PC, I'm currently more gaming on my wiiu and vita), but if it has to be one system, it really has to be the PC. Largest line-up, largest diversification, best customizability, best emulators, no backward compatibility issues, free online...I can go on, but you all get the point.

Yes, it used to be that PC's were more complex and expensive. But complexity is seriously diminished over time, and the cost...erm...that really depends on what games you want to play (assuming you already have some peripherals like mouse, keyboard and monitor, a PC for the price point of a console will net you a very reasonable line-up).
A lot of comparatively issues for pc's. I use PC also for some gaming and stuff(no piracy, piracy is bad m'kay) :-)
Also keyboard and mouse, oh lawd yas!

Byokugen

Unit_01
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of
ewwwwwwwwwwwww
My exact thoughts :-)

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

I'm voting for PC, with Nintendo being a close second, and PlayStation the third, again with the PSP being the biggest reason for me to like it. I also liked the Vita a lot, but.... yeah.
I love vita, still can't understand why sony flanked it and how did they manage to do it.

gnmmarechal

GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
Website
gs2012.xyz
XP
Country
Portugal
My exact thoughts :-)

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

I love vita, still can't understand why sony flanked it and how did they manage to do it.
They screwed it up a lot.

Sent from my cave of despair where I collect souls

Alex658

Trophies
XP
Country
Colombia
But, if you can only pick ONE company then i suppose you're picking it because of their OFFICIAL support/advantages.

Then choosing Sony because PSP's were an emulation powerhourse seems a bit silly, What were the official games anyway? I remember my PSP having NEOGEO, TURBOGX folders, but never saw any of those on psp's official format. Without homebrew you would only get PSP/PSX, correct me if i'm wrong please, i'm puzzled.

The 3ds has VC for GBA (ambassador), NES, GBC, GB and SNES (n3ds only), so that would have more official emulators than the PSP.

I can't really decide, I've had a PSX, PS2, DS, PSP, 3DS, Wii and Vita during my lifetime. I just don't know what criteria to use and judge.

Variety in genre's of games?

Comfort-ability in controls?

How long games are in average for the console?

If the game's are aimed at adults, childs, etc?

What i played the most in my lifetime was on my old PS2 (RIP), but my former DSlite and current PSP equal in a close second, 3DS being third.

For the wii and Vita i've them since November and December respectively to be able to judge. Haven't had time to give a full play to a game of those consoles yet.

Never had an Xbox/360/ONE or a gaming PC (having a coffee maker that barely ran psx and DS back in the day doesn't count).

EDIT: If apple's an option shouldn't android be it as well? Both are considered gaming oriented devices if you pick the proper-not-freemium games.

Last edited by Alex658,
Reactions: Byokugen

Byokugen

Unit_01
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of
But, if you can only pick ONE company then i suppose you're picking it because of their OFFICIAL support/advantages.

Then choosing Sony because PSP's were an emulation powerhourse seems a bit silly, What were the official games anyway? I remember my PSP having NEOGEO, TURBOGX folders, but never saw any of those on psp's official format. Without homebrew you would only get PSP/PSX, correct me if i'm wrong please, i'm puzzled.

The 3ds has VC for GBA (ambassador), NES, GBC, GB and SNES (n3ds only), so that would have more official emulators than the PSP.

I can't really decide, I've had a PSX, PS2, DS, PSP, 3DS, Wii and Vita during my lifetime. I just don't know what criteria to use and judge.

Variety in genre's of games?

Comfort-ability in controls?

How long games are in average for the console?

If the game's are aimed at adults, childs, etc?

What i played the most in my lifetime was on my old PS2 (RIP), but my former DSlite and current PSP equal in a close second, 3DS being third.

For the wii and Vita i've them since November and December respectively to be able to judge. Haven't had time to give a full play to a game of those consoles yet.

Never had an Xbox/360/ONE or a gaming PC (having a coffee maker that barely ran psx and DS back in the day doesn't count).

EDIT: If apple's an option shouldn't android be it as well? Both are considered gaming oriented devices if you pick the proper-not-freemium games.
You can really make a person think. You have valid points, and I have to agree on emulation part. The poll is just there for us to see what people prefer more. Sony plays it safe, Nintendo innovates, Microsft isnpain in the ass, and Sega died but left a lot of consoles :-) Andeoid is added

Reactions: Alex658

Alex658

Trophies
XP
Country
Colombia
You can really make a person think. You have valid points, and I have to agree on emulation part. The poll is just there for us to see what people prefer more. Sony plays it safe, Nintendo innovates, Microsft isnpain in the ass, and Sega died but left a lot of consoles :-) Andeoid is added

You see the general idea of my post is not voting because of being a blind "fanboy" but actually stating why is the person voting for something.
I don't consider myself as such, if a console has games that interest me then i'm all in for getting it, regardless of who makes it. Never tried XBOX/360/ONE because i haven't found interest in any of the exclusive games, those that are multi platform are already available somewhere else + that console's exclusives that interest me.

I'll think about it some more before i cast my vote

Byokugen

Unit_01
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of
You see the general idea of my post is not voting because of being a blind "fanboy" but actually stating why is the person voting for something.
I don't consider myself as such, if a console has games that interest me then i'm all in for getting it, regardless of who makes it. Never tried XBOX/360/ONE because i haven't found interest in any of the exclusive games, those that are multi platform are already available somewhere else + that console's exclusives that interest me.

I'll think about it some more before i cast my vote
Oh deer god! Yes! You got my point!!! I hate fanboys/fangirls/fanpeople vote for something that left a good feeling with ya, or still makes you happy. I said why my vote went to sony, chrono cross, final fantasy vii, crash, the last of us... list goes on
Oh and psp helped me during rough times in college

slingblade1170

Trophies
Website
xtremehack.net
XP
Country
United States
My vote went to nintendo but it was hard not to pick Xbox. I have so many great memories of so many systems and games but nintendo systems just stand out the most in my life.

Byokugen

Unit_01
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of
Erm...can it be that "comparatively issues" doesn't mean what you think it means, or do I totally misunderstand things here? :unsure:

Because if the PC has drawbacks to the advantages I mentioned, I'd really like to know what they are. :)
Games work differently on different setups. Components that are from different manufacturer behave differently. Friend has similar setup, game works great for me, he has some random crashes
But hey, nothing is perfect

Reactions: Taleweaver

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Not Ai women but women who's bodies are walking Atm machines
    +1
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    sounds like scam bait
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    so they collect ''donations''?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Well gofundme doesn't accept vagina they just do that off the site
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    guess they just sell spicy fling material
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    i wonder what kinda desperate depraved beings even need to go there
    +3
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Gofundme or onlyfans?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @K3Nv2, either
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Is funny to see people start a gofundme for silly shit like a new game system, and then see them get free money, then think, not so funny after all.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Gofundme for the homeless
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    My dog used to chase off my neighbors cat from our yard, till one day the cat stood its ground, and paw slapped the shit out of my dog, now the cat wonders thru my yard, and my dog don't even care anymore, he's like f that cat. Lol
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    So just slap your dog when I'm climbing out urewifes window
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Just use the front door, dumbass
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa, what if you see him?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Then slap your dog?
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    He can tag me in...
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Nah last time I just looked at bigonya and said the heavy works already done
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    That's @slaphappygamer 's job to slap
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Oh hi nick
    +2
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    I think he's from Ohio
    +3
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Ohhioh Nick
    +2