once and for all

Discussion in 'General Gaming Discussion' started by Byokugen, Mar 15, 2017.

?

The beat one!

1. Playstation(1,2,3,4, vita, psp)

10 vote(s)
    21.3%
  2. Xbox(Classic, 360, One)

4 vote(s)
    8.5%
  3. Nintendo(Nes, Snes, Gb/c, GBA, DS/2DS/3DS

15 vote(s)
    31.9%
  4. SEGA(master, dreamcast!!!)

1 vote(s)
    2.1%
  5. PC master race(OMG LED EVERYTHING)

15 vote(s)
    31.9%
  6. Apple(don't ask why)

1 vote(s)
    2.1%
  7. The Rest( Atari, ZX, C64/128, Turbo x16)

1 vote(s)
    2.1%
  8. Android aka Google enters gaming world

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Byokugen
    OP

Byokugen Unit_01

May 16, 2016
    Serbia, Republic of
    Just a bit to the right, or was left...
    Ok, let's make this one count!
    One system to rule them all! To make it easier a bit, cast your vote, share, so everyone can cast their vote

I vote first, even though I grew up on NES/SMS my heart goes to Playstation, played Resident Evil.when I was 8, Sillent Hill when I was 10, changed my life :-)

2. Meteor7

Meteor7 Guess where this thumb goes.

Jun 9, 2014
    United States
    New Jersey
    My vote went for Nintendo, but with Playstation at a tight second. PSP is definitely pulling more weight than all the other PS consoles combined, though, at least for me.

lcie nimbus likes this.
  3. Byokugen
    OP

Byokugen Unit_01

May 16, 2016
    Serbia, Republic of
    Let's agree to disagree :-) I love PSP, emulation on the go, ps1 games and it's own game library is huge, but I would love ps2 games on the go

4. Taleweaver

Taleweaver Storywriter

Dec 23, 2009
    Belgium
    Belgium
    I really don't want to vote or suggest that my vote is somehow superior (fuck...if you don't count rocksmith on PC, I'm currently more gaming on my wiiu and vita), but if it has to be one system, it really has to be the PC. Largest line-up, largest diversification, best customizability, best emulators, no backward compatibility issues, free online...I can go on, but you all get the point.

Yes, it used to be that PC's were more complex and expensive. But complexity is seriously diminished over time, and the cost...erm...that really depends on what games you want to play (assuming you already have some peripherals like mouse, keyboard and monitor, a PC for the price point of a console will net you a very reasonable line-up).

HavengulZenith likes this.
  5. Byokugen
    OP

Byokugen Unit_01

May 16, 2016
    Serbia, Republic of
    A lot of comparatively issues for pc's. I use PC also for some gaming and stuff(no piracy, piracy is bad m'kay) :-)
    Also keyboard and mouse, oh lawd yas!

6. Lilith Valentine

Lilith Valentine GBATemp's Wolfdog™ I drool on my knife

Sep 13, 2009
    Antarctica
    Between insane and insecure
    I am voting for Apple

Last edited by Lilith Valentine, Mar 15, 2017
  7. gnmmarechal

gnmmarechal Kirigiri > Naoto

GBAtemp Patron
    gnmmarechal is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Jul 13, 2014
    Portugal
    https://gs2012.xyz
    ewwwwwwwwwwwww

Alex658 and Byokugen like this.
  8. Lilith Valentine

Lilith Valentine GBATemp's Wolfdog™ I drool on my knife

Sep 13, 2009
    Antarctica
    Between insane and insecure
    That's why I am voting for Apple because I am going to upset people and that feeds me

GerbilSoft likes this.
  9. gnmmarechal

GBAtemp Patron

Our Patreon
    Jul 13, 2014
    Portugal
    I'm voting for PC, with Nintendo being a close second, and PlayStation the third, again with the PSP being the biggest reason for me to like it. I also liked the Vita a lot, but.... yeah.

10. Byokugen
    OP

Byokugen Unit_01

May 16, 2016
    Serbia, Republic of
    My exact thoughts :-)

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

I love vita, still can't understand why sony flanked it and how did they manage to do it.

11. gnmmarechal

GBAtemp Patron

Our Patreon
    Jul 13, 2014
    Portugal
    They screwed it up a lot.

Sent from my cave of despair where I collect souls

12. Alex658

Alex658 GBAtemp Maniac

Jun 4, 2010
    Venezuela
    Venezuela
    But, if you can only pick ONE company then i suppose you're picking it because of their OFFICIAL support/advantages.

Then choosing Sony because PSP's were an emulation powerhourse seems a bit silly, What were the official games anyway? I remember my PSP having NEOGEO, TURBOGX folders, but never saw any of those on psp's official format. Without homebrew you would only get PSP/PSX, correct me if i'm wrong please, i'm puzzled.

The 3ds has VC for GBA (ambassador), NES, GBC, GB and SNES (n3ds only), so that would have more official emulators than the PSP.

I can't really decide, I've had a PSX, PS2, DS, PSP, 3DS, Wii and Vita during my lifetime. I just don't know what criteria to use and judge.

Variety in genre's of games?

Comfort-ability in controls?

How long games are in average for the console?

If the game's are aimed at adults, childs, etc?

What i played the most in my lifetime was on my old PS2 (RIP), but my former DSlite and current PSP equal in a close second, 3DS being third.

For the wii and Vita i've them since November and December respectively to be able to judge. Haven't had time to give a full play to a game of those consoles yet.

Never had an Xbox/360/ONE or a gaming PC (having a coffee maker that barely ran psx and DS back in the day doesn't count).

EDIT: If apple's an option shouldn't android be it as well? Both are considered gaming oriented devices if you pick the proper-not-freemium games.

Last edited by Alex658, Mar 15, 2017
    Byokugen likes this.
  13. Byokugen
    OP

Byokugen Unit_01

May 16, 2016
    Serbia, Republic of
    You can really make a person think. You have valid points, and I have to agree on emulation part. The poll is just there for us to see what people prefer more. Sony plays it safe, Nintendo innovates, Microsft isnpain in the ass, and Sega died but left a lot of consoles :-) Andeoid is added

Alex658 likes this.
  14. Alex658

Alex658 GBAtemp Maniac

Jun 4, 2010
    Venezuela
    Venezuela
    You see the general idea of my post is not voting because of being a blind "fanboy" but actually stating why is the person voting for something.
    I don't consider myself as such, if a console has games that interest me then i'm all in for getting it, regardless of who makes it. Never tried XBOX/360/ONE because i haven't found interest in any of the exclusive games, those that are multi platform are already available somewhere else + that console's exclusives that interest me.

I'll think about it some more before i cast my vote

15. Byokugen
    OP

Byokugen Unit_01

May 16, 2016
    Serbia, Republic of
    Oh deer god! Yes! You got my point!!! I hate fanboys/fangirls/fanpeople vote for something that left a good feeling with ya, or still makes you happy. I said why my vote went to sony, chrono cross, final fantasy vii, crash, the last of us... list goes on
    Oh and psp helped me during rough times in college

16. slingblade1170

slingblade1170 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Mar 15, 2009
    United States
    My vote went to nintendo but it was hard not to pick Xbox. I have so many great memories of so many systems and games but nintendo systems just stand out the most in my life.

17. Byokugen
    OP

Byokugen Unit_01

May 16, 2016
    Serbia, Republic of
    I loved first xbox, 360, first memory was RROD after 25 minutes of play

slingblade1170 likes this.
  18. Taleweaver

Taleweaver Storywriter

Dec 23, 2009
    Belgium
    Belgium
    Erm...can it be that "comparatively issues" doesn't mean what you think it means, or do I totally misunderstand things here? :unsure:

Because if the PC has drawbacks to the advantages I mentioned, I'd really like to know what they are. :)

19. Byokugen
    OP

Byokugen Unit_01

May 16, 2016
    Serbia, Republic of
    Games work differently on different setups. Components that are from different manufacturer behave differently. Friend has similar setup, game works great for me, he has some random crashes
    But hey, nothing is perfect

Taleweaver likes this.
  20. Taleweaver

Taleweaver Storywriter

Dec 23, 2009
    Belgium
    Belgium
    Ah, I see. While I can't deny these things happen far less (or not at all) on other platforms, they're not much of a concern to me. :)

21. Byokugen
    This message by Byokugen has been removed from public view by Depravo, Mar 22, 2017, Reason: You must be new here. We don't 'bump'.
    Mar 22, 2017