On NeoDS

Discussion in 'NDS - Emulation and Homebrew' started by reginator, Sep 11, 2008.

Sep 11, 2008

On NeoDS by reginator at 9:42 AM (798 Views / 0 Likes) 4 replies

1. reginator
    OP

Newcomer reginator Member

Canada
    I've never been really clued in on arcade game emulation, are "Neo Geo" games specifically that, or does it refer to all arcade games? I got really excited at thinking about playing DnD: Tower of Doom and Shadow Over Mystara on my DS when my friend told me about NeoDS, although looking now i'm not sure those are "Neo Geo". will they work if you convert them? Or are they something totally different?

2. deciiii

Newcomer deciiii Member

Germany
    neo geo was a specific arcade system that was also made into a home gaming console.

that DnD game sadly is not neogeo so it will not work on neoDS. its a CPS-2 game. which was a capcom made arcade hardware system.. so no luck to get this on your DS :/

3. reginator
    OP

Canada
    Ahh, okay... I feared it'd be something like that, darn. Those games are so amazing. I wonder if someone'll ever come up with a CPS-2 emulator then? [​IMG]

Here's to wishful thinking!

4. deciiii

Newcomer deciiii Member

Germany
    cps-1/cps-2 on the DS would be really cool, there were some really good games on those two systems and i think their hardware was not THAT much different to the neoGeo hardware in terms of performance and power, so it might be possible, but i am not really familiar with the stuff [​IMG]

it is completely emulated on computers with MAME or the special neogeo/cps1-/cps-2 emulator named winkawaks though. i love to play a little round of dnd from time to time [​IMG]

5. reginator
    OP

Canada
    Yeah, same, I love playing it on the PC. The program I use... it escapes me at the moment, a friend put it all on for me off a flash drive, and it plays both DnD, and Metal Slug and all that, so I figured they were all the same, haha. Oh well. I'm still psyched to try out NeoDS anyways