Old SKOOL Tempers.. Raise Your Hands!

Issac

Iᔕᔕᗩᑕ
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
What about old skool tempers who are still really active? ;) with, like, 3,500+ posts?

I remember a trio of moderators who were fun, very elitist and were banned for being dicks. I remember fighting with them, and I remember suggesting a rule fix that after some hate and bashing went through. (Puck The Joker, Luse... and who was the third one, Luse's lover?)

I remember all the start page evolutions, with the release boxes that later became small modules with releases for different systems, and then disappeared. I remember G-Online that came and went. I remember the list on the left side of the home page that listed each member who had a birthday today.

I remember the EZF-Advance review by Opium in September '04, which led to me buying my first flashcart (yeah, flashcart, not flashcard! :P)

I remember the birth of hrth :hrth: , I remember bonemonkey fucking around, I remember the smurf-censoring.

I remember all the waves of poké-flooding... And when everyone was freaking out with Boktai.

But most of all, I remember the love and the community.

Reactions: redact and T-hug

CheatingSoi

Graphic Designer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ha that's pretty insane. I had my account when I was 15 (22 now). I never thought about it before until I saw your post. It's odd how I don't use it much but always do find myself checking back occasionally.

DAZA

Shaun's Mum
OP
Trophies
XP
Edit : How could I forget Shaun!

its always easy to forget shaun but never easy to forget shauns mum... hahaha

What about old skool tempers who are still really active? ;) with, like, 3,500+ posts?

I remember a trio of moderators who were fun, very elitist and were banned for being dicks. I remember fighting with them, and I remember suggesting a rule fix that after some hate and bashing went through. (Puck The Joker, Luse... and who was the third one, Luse's lover?)

I remember all the start page evolutions, with the release boxes that later became small modules with releases for different systems, and then disappeared. I remember G-Online that came and went. I remember the list on the left side of the home page that listed each member who had a birthday today.

I remember the EZF-Advance review by Opium in September '04, which led to me buying my first flashcart (yeah, flashcart, not flashcard! :P)

I remember the birth of hrth :hrth: , I remember bonemonkey fucking around, I remember the smurf-censoring.

I remember all the waves of poké-flooding... And when everyone was freaking out with Boktai.

But most of all, I remember the love and the community.

see.... not only are the old skool raising their hands... its comes with past memories.

i remember Shaun saying to me one day there is a site that had lots of info *cough* on the gba scene and that i should sign up and get involved... i left it for a long while but i gave in and became part of the community and i have met lots of great people on here and some real funny idiots that have been banned for stupid shit..

it takes me back and i still remember from the moment i was asked to join with a small community right up until now how gbatemp has evolved and the work that has gone in to it from behind the scenes from Shaunj66, Costello and a few others!!

Qtis

Grey Knight Inquisitor
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Originally started browsing here back in 2006 or 2007 when the CycloDS Evo was released. Registered here around the time the CycloDS forums started going down to oblivion.

Man18

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i remember some of these guys. I just came back tonight after loading up my dstwo. I have been off the ds scene for quite some time.

Reactions: B-Blue

KidIce

Smart Ass
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Joined back during the og R4 era and its faulty download play.

This is GBATemp (GBA = Gameboy Advance) not DSTemp. GBA is the only thing that can be OG here. ;-)

Do you live in Casper or have you been to it by any chance? Not stalking you, just want to know how the town is doing.

Kioku

猫。子猫です!
Trophies
Website
www.twitch.tv
XP
Country
United States
This is GBATemp (GBA = Gameboy Advance) not DSTemp. GBA is the only thing that can be OG here. ;-)

Do you live in Casper or have you been to it by any chance? Not stalking you, just want to know how the town is doing.
Crappy as ever. Expanding like it's got nothing to lose... And it does!!

To be fair I did have ez flash..

KidIce

Smart Ass
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Crappy as ever. Expanding like it's got nothing to lose... And it does!!

To be fair I did have ez flash..

Thanks for that, even if it wasn't what I wanted to hear. I need to have a long talk w/ my father it seems, despite our ties, as I suspected, he should probably move. :-/

EZ Flash 3 or lower? ;-)

Kioku

猫。子猫です!
Trophies
Website
www.twitch.tv
XP
Country
United States
Thanks for that, even if it wasn't what I wanted to hear. I need to have a long talk w/ my father it seems, despite our ties, as I suspected, he should probably move. :-/

EZ Flash 3 or lower? ;-)

3.. :P Nah, Casper isn't doing THAT bad. Kinda icy right now. It IS expanding for the better... Crime isn't bad, and the economy is fair enough. I just don't like it.. Then again.. I want to go overseas..

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: oof