Hacking Old firmware question..

nero99

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So i finally fixed up an old 3ds I made a thread bout that had a faulty 3D slider. This system is on some old school firm *3.0.0-4u*. I have access to the browser and all. Yet I can't seem to boot rxtools. It gets to the crashing part of the browser had but then the system just hangs there. Last I read, rxtools 2.6 and lower revisions are supported on fw 2.0-9.2. Do I need to boot through mset instead of the browser? I only ask because I want this on 9.2 for auto booting rxtools.. And yes. I did search. Everything I found wasn't all that clear on the subject :/

Last edited by nero99,

Ryccardo

Penguin accelerator
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Under 4.0 it's pretty iffy, in fact I remember classic rxtools only really claimed 4.x to 9.2 if launched via classic browserhax, and strictly 4.x for MSET...

If you can get a 4.x game like New Leaf, update with it and install the mset exploit with classic browserhax (or find Cubic Ninja and install mset through FBI)

Lacius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Your problem isn't the browser; it's that you're on 3.0. A cartridge update to anything between 4.1-9.2 should allow for rxTools to work through the browser you already have. If you update to 4.1-4.5, you can also use MSET. Once you have rxTools up and running, you can upgrade to 9.2 using this guide under the subsection How to Update your 3DS/2DS to 9.0 or 9.2. Once on 9.2, you can use menuhax to autoboot rxTools.

Alternatively, you might be able to run sysUpdater using Spider on your 3.0 system, but I don't know if it has ever been done before.

Last edited by Lacius,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    S @ salazarcosplay: How are you @AncientBoi :tpi: :tpi: :tpi: :tpi: :tpi: