Okamiden

Discussion in 'GBAtemp & Scene News' started by Chanser, Jul 23, 2010.

Jul 23, 2010

Okamiden by Chanser at 9:34 PM (2,283 Views / 0 Likes) 7 replies

1. Chanser
    OP

Member Chanser :o

Macau
    [tvwide]43450-71[/tvwide]
    Okamiden
    Comic-Con 2010 Trailer

2. Lushay

Member Lushay GBAtemp Regular

United States
    Wasn't expecting an english trailer...wonder if that means it'll come out before the end the year in the US.

3. Cobalt-

Newcomer Cobalt- Member

United States
    Obtrusive orange arrow is going to annoy the hell out of me. Hope it's not there the entire game.

4. Reploid

Member Reploid GBAtemp Fan

Russia
    No! That annoing beeping sounds indstaed of voiceacting!!!! Lets hope that crap will be turnoffable.

5. Inunah

Banned Inunah The Female Mistaken for a Male.

United States
    Alright, they might change the arrow thing. That IS kind of obtrusive.... But it's obviously for quests and the like...

But the little talking noises as the text scrolls will probably stay and not be able to be turned off, because that's how it was in the original Okami for both the Wii and PS2. They didn't have voice acting in the original... And don't hope for voice acting. In Japan, voice acting is the shit... But in America your ears will bleed. Take Suikoden Tierkries, for example.

My question is why they didn't include a release date. I mean, I've seen trailers for games that didn't come out until 2 years later, but they still showed release dates.

6. DespizingU

Member DespizingU GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    I love the talking noises. And I'm sure that arrow isn't going to be one throughout the whole game.

Anyways, I was so surprised when I learned about this game in the latest issue of NP. I knew that they just could not stop with the first Okami. That world is way too interesting to have just one game made in it. And eventhough I'm looking forward to this handheld release(the first one is one of my all-time favorite action adventure games, and this one will be one of those games I'm going to have to actually buy to have in my physical collection), and I'm sure it will be a contender for a game of the year, I really hope they make another console Okami. I'm sure a lot more can be done with the series without the hardware restrictions of a handheld. But I understand why they wanted to make for the DS. I just really hope they shift the series back to console.

And by the way, NP shows a release date for 2011. So I'm not expecting this game to get an English release this year. It would be great if it did though.

7. Windaga

Member Windaga GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    Did anyone else notice how close together the text when obtaining an item was? Look back when she obtains the Ink Bottle. Not that it bothers me all too much; just odd that they wouldn't fix something like that in a trailer.

Everything else looks great, though. Can't wait for it;s release.

8. Bladexdsl

Member Bladexdsl ZOMG my posts...it's over 9000!!!

Australia
    i couldn't agree more i really hated that in okami the high pitched shit is worse than listening to Japanese voices!