okami OWNZ

Discussion in 'Wii - Console and Game Discussions' started by 1ronlung, Dec 21, 2008.

Dec 21, 2008

okami OWNZ by 1ronlung at 6:49 PM (1,074 Views / 0 Likes) 6 replies

1. 1ronlung
    OP

Member 1ronlung GBAtemp Regular

United States
    OK.. I'm not a mad fanyboy that loves playing weird and eccentric import titles (although n.b This is out on PAL)

Finished Zelda and was cruely dissapointed .. I've been a Sony fanboy since the SNES, so the last Zelda game I played was Link.

Zelda TP just seems to be missing crutial RPG elements that make you feel involved..

Okami, on the other hand, employs and similar game style (no need to arse about endlessly fighting random monsters in order to power up)

However, I was feeling the game... Interested in the plot.. All the little hidden bonuses were giving me a buzz..

Can't understand why Zelda is top of the essentials list, but Okami doesn't get a mention ...

Took me a grand total of 85 hours to finish the game (I was being *thorough*)

All I can say is, if you're a serious RPG fan, beg, borrow or steal immediately !

Does anybody know if there's some sort of sequel, or an alternative game using the same engine in the works ?

Peace,
    ironlung

2. Bladexdsl

Member Bladexdsl ZOMG my posts...it's over 9000!!!

Australia
    it ownz until you get to the blossoms part than you want to smash the remote over it

3. mrgone

Member mrgone GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Germany
    hm, can't quite remember that

but i hated the log ride on the river until i found out that the paint brush oozes paint when over an action spot

but the game as a whole was pure awesomeness

4. 1ronlung
    OP

United States
    I hear ya [​IMG]

It was the blossoms in the city later on that fecked me. I had to refer to gamefaqs for 2 things in the game. One of these was were the final tree was. Was on some geezer's head, for feck sake. Even once I knew where it was i *still* couldn't see the bloody thing, but drew a circle and it worked. Must have spent over 5 hours arseing about looking for that ting....

Posts merged

Oh.. found on IGN that the team that made it have ceased to exist, so we're never gonna get a proper sequel [​IMG]

5. Bladexdsl

Australia
    no i'm talking about the part where you have to help mr orange. you have to draw circles around the blossoms sounds simple except it gives you 1 second to react and if you fuck up (and you will) and don't draw the right circle each time it makes you wait god damn 2 minutes each time while mr orange bitches about how it doesnt work and says how he will try again and to make things even more annoying you have to draw about 10 fucking circles each time if you fuck up even once you have to start again. you cannot skip it you MUST watch it over and over again. when i got to that part and tried 10+ fucking times to do it in the end i ripped the fucking disc out and smashed iT! i absolutely hate games with stupid annoying shit like this in it i never played okamai again i was too disgusted in it.

6. 1ronlung
    OP

United States
    The first blossom part...

a) Hold down the B key (? the trigger under the control.. think it's B), as opposed to waiting and trying to press at right time..
    b) draw your circle
    c) if you feck up, press '+' and it skips the whole intro and puts you straight back into drawing mode

If this frustrated you, you're better off giving up there. As you get more and more paint brush abilities, it gets harder to get your scribblings recognised correctly... Pratice helps, of course ...

7. Bladexdsl

Australia
    you can't skip it i tried it makes you wait until his quit bitching before you can try again. you must be thinking of another parts cos you cannot skip it.