Not open for further replies.

Deleted member 550701

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Czech Republic
Ok so hear me out, if there was a firmware exploit found that works on the mariko version, could we somehow unpatch the RCM (like through a homebrew app or smth) and then hack the switch with fusee-gelee? And yes I know that finding a firmware exploit is a very hard first step, but what i'm really asking is if the patch that was applied to later switches could be unpatched through homebrew?

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
Ok so hear me out, if there was a firmware exploit found that works on the mariko version, could we somehow unpatch the RCM (like through a homebrew app or smth) and then hack the switch with fusee-gelee? And yes I know that finding a firmware exploit is a very hard first step, but what i'm really asking is if the patch that was applied to later switches could be unpatched through homebrew?
In order to "unpatch" RCM we would need another RCM exploit that allowed some sort of code execution. The RCM firmware isn't accessible from anything other than RCM mode itself.

masagrator

The patches guy
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
In order to "unpatch" RCM we would need another RCM exploit that allowed some sort of code execution. The RCM firmware isn't accessible from anything other than RCM mode itself.
First of all RCM is in read-only, non writeable memory. That's why it cannot be patched even by Nintendo.
So whole point of discussion is now lost.

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
First of all RCM is in read-only, non writeable memory. That's why it cannot be patched even by Nintendo.
I put "unpatch" in quotes because it would just be a temporary on the fly patch that would require code execution to do in the first place. It might not actually be that useful if we had a RCM code execution exploit, as we might just be able to do what we need using that alone.

Deleted member 550701

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Czech Republic
Oh well, it was an idea

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Actually wait, how does the SX core work then?

Trophies
Website
github.com
XP
Country
Korea, North
From my (probably incorrect) understanding it would be possible to edit the bootrom if you could get code execution before ipatch fuse lock out. I *think* the boot ROM checks if FUSE_ODM_LOCK is burned and then disables writing to the ipatches. If you could make that check fail ipatch writing would be enabled. That might be possible via fault Injection on Erista but on Mariko there's probably random timing to mitigate it. It would require a mod chip making the entire thing pointless anyway though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @salazarcosplay, gta v is down since november 2021