Hacking ok how do you do this

peppers

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well I got here today after being gone a few years wanting to run backups on my wii-u since its close too the end of its operational life with the switch release and the disk drive will only last so long. I start by reading though the stickys.

I read though threads like "The Definitive Guide To Wii U Hacking" or "Hacking the WiiU: A Simple Progress Guide" and all of these have the same thing in common, they do not tell you how to actually hack the wii U. They are big lists of things that mean nothing too me.

I have no idea what is the best method and what information deeper in the forum is out of date.

So I find myself having to ask expecting to get some less than productive responses from some people and hopeing there are outhers who will actually be useful and informative. How do I get started?

Last edited by peppers,

AmandaRose

Do what I do. Hold tight and pretend it’s a plan
Trophies
Website
www.rockstarnorth.com
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Well I got here today after being gone a few years wanting to run backups on my wii-u and its close too the end of its opeational life and the disk drive will only last so long. I start by reading though the stickys.

I read though threads like "The Definitive Guide To Wii U Hacking" or "Hacking the WiiU: A Simple Progress Guide" and all of these have the same thing in common, they do not tell you how to actually hack the wii U. They are big lists of things that mean nothing too me.

So I find myself having to ask expecting to get some less than productive responses from some people and hopeing there are outhers who will actually be useful and informative. How do I get started?
The easiest way to do this is first of all download the following

Homebrew launcher
Mocha
And wup installer y mod all can be found on this site.

Copy all to the sd card and insert it into the wiiu

On your pc use wiiu USB download helper to download your wiiu games copy them to the sd card. Again usb download helper can be found on this site.
Switch on wiiu and load the browser
Goto www.loadiine.ovh this will load the homebrew launcher

Then select mocha the wiiu will reset and you now have a region free wiiu with sing patches removed so you can install games

On the WiiU load the internet browser again and select the same website as before the homebrew browser will launch now select wup installer y mod and use this to install your games

Last edited by AmandaRose,
Reactions: Ryccardo

MikeME

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
In this setup, I used The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild as an example game for the sake of clarity:

Everything will remain the same except for the game of your choice. You can have anywhere from 1 to 3 folders, depending on whether you download the Update, DLC, or both

Step 1
: Download WiiU USB Helper
Step 2: Copy the WiiU title key URL into WiiU USB Helper
Step 3: Search for Legend of Zelda and scroll through the results until you find the Breath of the Wild (this step is done on the left side of the program)
Step 4: Make sure you check the Add Update button (this step is done on the right side of the program)
Step 5: Click on Copy to SD and tick off the options pertaining to your specific game files
Ensure you have your SD inserted into your computer
(this step is done on the bottom portion of the program)

Step 6: Click on Download Game(s) (this step is done on the bottom portion of the program)
Step 7: Download WUP Installer 1.0 Mod Y

Step 8: Extract the wiiu folder from the WUP Installer 1.0 Mod Y onto the root of your SD card
Step 9: Insert SD Card into WiiU and load Homebrew Launcher, using up/down on the d-pad to select the folder.
Left = deselect, right = select, plus = select all, minus = deselect all
Install The Legend of Zelda Breath of the Wild [00050000101C9400]

Step 10: Press A to install to NAND (or X to install to USB not recommended)
Step 11: Use up/down on the d-pad to select the folder.
Install The Legend of Zelda Breath of the Wild [0005000E101C9400] (v33)

Step 12: Press A to install to NAND (or X to install to USB not recommended)
Notes:
If you choose to use DLC, you'll need CFW. Personally, the DLC is not worth it at this point in time. If you choose to go this route, let me know and I'll guide you further

Your SD card should look something like this:
SD:\install
SD:\install\The Legend of Zelda Breath of the Wild [0005000E101C9400] (v33)
SD:\install\The Legend of Zelda Breath of the Wild [00050000101C9400]
SD:\wiiu
SD:\wiiu\apps
SD:\wiiu\apps\wupinstaller
SD:\wiiu\apps\wupinstaller\icon.png
SD:\wiiu\apps\wupinstaller\meta.xml
SD:\wiiu\apps\wupinstaller\wupinstaller.elf

Last edited by MikeME,
D

Deleted User

In this setup, I used The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild as an example game for the sake of clarity:

Everything will remain the same except for the game of your choice. You can have anywhere from 1 to 3 folders, depending on whether you download the Update, DLC, or both

Step 1
: Download WiiU USB Helper
Step 2: Copy the WiiU title key URL into WiiU USB Helper
Step 3: Search for Legend of Zelda and scroll through the results until you find the Breath of the Wild (this step is done on the left side of the program)
Step 4: Make sure you check the Add Update button (this step is done on the right side of the program)
Step 5: Click on Download Game(s) (this step is done on the bottom portion of the program)
Step 6: Download WUP Installer 1.0 Mod Y

Step 7: Extract the wiiu folder from the WUP Installer 1.0 Mod Y onto the root of your SD card
Step 8: Create a folder named install in the root of your SD card
Step 9: Copy the downloaded LoZ:BotW folders into the install folder
(you'll have 2 folders:
The Legend of Zelda Breath of the Wild [0005000E101C9400] (v33)
The Legend of Zelda Breath of the Wild [00050000101C9400])
Step 10: Load Homebrew Launcher and use up/down on the d-pad to select the folder.
Install The Legend of Zelda Breath of the Wild [00050000101C9400]

Step 11: Press A to install to NAND (or X to install to USB not recommended)
Step 12: Use up/down on the d-pad to select the folder.
Install The Legend of Zelda Breath of the Wild [0005000E101C9400] (v33)

Step 13: Press A to install to NAND (or X to install to USB not recommended)
Notes:
If you choose to use DLC, you'll need CFW. Personally, the DLC is not worth it at this point in time. If you choose to go this route, let me know and I'll guide you further

Your SD card should look something like this:
SD:\install
SD:\install\The Legend of Zelda Breath of the Wild [0005000E101C9400] (v33)
SD:\install\The Legend of Zelda Breath of the Wild [00050000101C9400]
SD:\wiiu
SD:\wiiu\apps
SD:\wiiu\apps\wupinstaller
SD:\wiiu\apps\wupinstaller\icon.png
SD:\wiiu\apps\wupinstaller\meta.xml
SD:\wiiu\apps\wupinstaller\wupinstaller.elf
*COUGH* Copy to SD feature automates it *heavy cough*

Reactions: MikeME

MikeME

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
*COUGH* Copy to SD feature automates it *heavy cough*
Haha! I keep forgetting about that! It's actually better to use that feature as well! It'll check the integrity of your files. Thanks for the reminder!

Edited the reply to reflect the automated Copy to SD process.

Last edited by MikeME,
Reactions: Deleted User

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Keep current Gen consoles stock mod last gen imo