ok how do you do this

Discussion in 'Wii U - Hacking & Backup Loaders' started by peppers, Mar 12, 2017.

1. peppers
    OP

peppers GBAtemp Regular

Feb 18, 2007
    United States
    Well I got here today after being gone a few years wanting to run backups on my wii-u since its close too the end of its operational life with the switch release and the disk drive will only last so long. I start by reading though the stickys.

I read though threads like "The Definitive Guide To Wii U Hacking" or "Hacking the WiiU: A Simple Progress Guide" and all of these have the same thing in common, they do not tell you how to actually hack the wii U. They are big lists of things that mean nothing too me.

I have no idea what is the best method and what information deeper in the forum is out of date.

So I find myself having to ask expecting to get some less than productive responses from some people and hopeing there are outhers who will actually be useful and informative. How do I get started?

Last edited by peppers, Mar 12, 2017
  2. Don21

Don21 GBAtemp Regular

Jul 9, 2014
    Netherlands
    Zuid Holland
    Last edited by Don21, Mar 12, 2017
  3. Marko76

Marko76 GBAtemp Psycho!

Aug 19, 2015
    United Kingdom
    Clydebank
    The easiest way to do this is first of all download the following

Homebrew launcher
    Mocha
    And wup installer y mod all can be found on this site.

Copy all to the sd card and insert it into the wiiu

On your pc use wiiu USB download helper to download your wiiu games copy them to the sd card. Again usb download helper can be found on this site.
    Switch on wiiu and load the browser
    Goto www.loadiine.ovh this will load the homebrew launcher

Then select mocha the wiiu will reset and you now have a region free wiiu with sing patches removed so you can install games

On the WiiU load the internet browser again and select the same website as before the homebrew browser will launch now select wup installer y mod and use this to install your games

Last edited by Marko76, Mar 12, 2017
    Ryccardo likes this.
  4. jerzmob

jerzmob GBAtemp Regular

Sep 1, 2007
    United States
    You can also search flimflam69's guide on google. Use the one on github

5. MikeME

MikeME Member

Newcomer
    Apr 20, 2015
    United States
    In this setup, I used The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild as an example game for the sake of clarity:

Everything will remain the same except for the game of your choice. You can have anywhere from 1 to 3 folders, depending on whether you download the Update, DLC, or both

Step 1
    : Download WiiU USB Helper
    Step 2: Copy the WiiU title key URL into WiiU USB Helper
    Step 3: Search for Legend of Zelda and scroll through the results until you find the Breath of the Wild (this step is done on the left side of the program)
    Step 4: Make sure you check the Add Update button (this step is done on the right side of the program)
    Step 5: Click on Copy to SD and tick off the options pertaining to your specific game files
    Ensure you have your SD inserted into your computer
    (this step is done on the bottom portion of the program)

Step 6: Click on Download Game(s) (this step is done on the bottom portion of the program)
    Step 7: Download WUP Installer 1.0 Mod Y

Step 8: Extract the wiiu folder from the WUP Installer 1.0 Mod Y onto the root of your SD card
    Step 9: Insert SD Card into WiiU and load Homebrew Launcher, using up/down on the d-pad to select the folder.
    Left = deselect, right = select, plus = select all, minus = deselect all
    Install The Legend of Zelda Breath of the Wild [00050000101C9400]

Step 10: Press A to install to NAND (or X to install to USB not recommended)
    Step 11: Use up/down on the d-pad to select the folder.
    Left = deselect, right = select, plus = select all, minus = deselect all
    Install The Legend of Zelda Breath of the Wild [0005000E101C9400] (v33)

Step 12: Press A to install to NAND (or X to install to USB not recommended)
    Notes:
    If you choose to use DLC, you'll need CFW. Personally, the DLC is not worth it at this point in time. If you choose to go this route, let me know and I'll guide you further

Your SD card should look something like this:
    SD:\install
    SD:\install\The Legend of Zelda Breath of the Wild [0005000E101C9400] (v33)
    SD:\install\The Legend of Zelda Breath of the Wild [00050000101C9400]
    SD:\wiiu
    SD:\wiiu\apps
    SD:\wiiu\apps\wupinstaller
    SD:\wiiu\apps\wupinstaller\icon.png
    SD:\wiiu\apps\wupinstaller\meta.xml
    SD:\wiiu\apps\wupinstaller\wupinstaller.elf

Last edited by MikeME, Mar 12, 2017
  6. Felek666

Felek666 retarded memekid which no one likes

Jan 3, 2017
    Poland
    reddit.com/r/satania/
    *COUGH* Copy to SD feature automates it *heavy cough*

MikeME likes this.
  7. MikeME

MikeME Member

Newcomer
    Apr 20, 2015
    United States
    Haha! I keep forgetting about that! It's actually better to use that feature as well! It'll check the integrity of your files. Thanks for the reminder!

Edited the reply to reflect the automated Copy to SD process.

Last edited by MikeME, Mar 12, 2017
    Felek666 likes this.
  8. peppers
    OP

peppers GBAtemp Regular

Feb 18, 2007
    United States
    Thanks guys I was expecting people being jerks cuz internet, but you all are chill as fuc.

9. peppers
    OP

peppers GBAtemp Regular

Feb 18, 2007
    United States
    final question and this seems a little vauge. what gets you banned and what dose not?