Hacking Ok, another "stuck at loading screen" case.

Isilwen

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
First, hello to all. It is my first post here.

I will go straight to the point: my new DSTTi died today.

When i try to load it from the DSi menu, it gets stuck at the Loading white screen.

Still, my pc can read the microsd card withoud any problems.

So...what can i do?
Format? Upgrade firmware?

Maybe my dstt is a fake? How can i check if it's a fake without opening it (i fear i might break it:P)

Thanks a lot in advance.

Isilwen

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
well actually...

i forgot to mention that i bought this ttdsi together with 2x 2gb sd card.

I tried the other one, which was still in his box.

And the problem remains.

Isilwen

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Well i do not know what you mean by "official source".
The only thing i know is that i am in Japan right now and i bought this card via internet from a shop in Osaka.

the deal is this:

http://egg.shop-pro.jp/?pid=13582028

I honestly do not know if it's a reliable source or not. I'm not well informed so i may have been scammed. I am here to find out if that's the case, actually.

elixirdream

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Malaysia
i don't think that shop would scam
smile.gif

it was recommened on some forums

but why not you go to the store and get other brand SD card...
get brands like kingston, sandisk, transcend, toshiba..
much reliable brand than the one in the pictures

Isilwen

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Well, i have to point out two things:

those SD cards are seen correctly by my pc, i even tried to format and reinstall a new firmware on one of those, of course with no avail.

moreover, i tried to put the dstti inside the dsi WITHOUT an SD card inserted...and, the result is the same.

and i mean the same. the dsi menu tells me "click to stard ds cartridge" or something like that, and then the loading screen of eternity appears. so, sd card or not sd card, it's the same.

Isilwen

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
To be honest, i do not know what firmware was present in the SD cart before i formatted it. After the format, i followed the FAQ thread in this forum to install a new firmware.
Anyway, the other one that came with the package is still intact, so maybe i can see the firmware version using my pc.

EDIT: Ehm, sorry...could someone explain me how to check the firmware version via pc?
tongue.gif

DOUBLE EDIT: no need, from the deal of the website i posted earlier i read ???????????V1.17

so, it's 1.17.

Bri

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
You said it died today -- does that imply that it was working at one time? How long did it work before it died?

If you start up the DSTTi without a microSD card in it, do you see a "No Card" icon, or does it continue to hang? If you start up the DSTTi with a newly formatted microSD card in it but no menu on the card, do you see a "Menu?" icon, or does it hang?

It might be a contact problem. Have you tried inserting a piece of paper in with the DSTTi to help it make contact?

-Bri

Isilwen

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
It worked for about one week. I used it yesterday, and today wasn't working. I did not remove it, i did not play, i did not even touch my DSi between yesterday and today.

As i pointed out before, inserting a SD card with an updated firmware, or inserting an empty SD card, or not inserting an SD card at all does not change a thing.

it ALWAYS says "Start DS Card", as if it detects a game, but it ALWAYS hangs at the "Loading" white screen. So, the "No card" icon does not appear, never.

What's this piece of paper thing? How does it work?

EDIT: i searched the net for this paper trick and i tried it, but with no avail.

Bri

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
It definitely sounds like a hardware problem with your DSTTi then. Unfortunately, you can't do much but return it for a new one.

-Bri

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: By the power of Florida Man, I have the power!!! *Lifts up meth pipe* Meth Man!!! lol