• Total voters

EphenSteve

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Now i don't really condone in pirating *unless you count snes Roms cause i love megaman* but i really wanna be able to use my acekard2i. now ive read about everysingle thread made on this forum about using it and how you can delete traces from the daily log but not the play time so only halfway. Yes I understand that they cannot brick it but if the update in may were to stop me from using the multiple upgrades its supposed to allow you to use then i would rather not do it. My feelings are pretty much leaning towards both sides on this but i'm only making two selections for the sake of everyone not picking the either of the two.

wolffangalchemist

This is bat country!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
the log thinks it's a real game so you shouldn't have any issues.
just wait and see what is blocked by the may update before you update your 3DS and wait for team acekard to release a new internal firmware update if it's necessary for it.
then all you'll need to do is update the ak2i and then update the 3DS and all should be fine.
at least that's what i plan on doing.

doyama

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Take this for what it's worth. Judging from previous iterations of how Nintendo has gone about with security, it seems unlikely they've suddenly come up with some kind of coherent PSN,Xbox Live banning strategy. They seem to be more concerned about not allowing non-signed code to be executed on the hardware, rather than being pro-active in finding people. I believe the architecture issues with the Wii and DS, and the real lack of a strategic online strategy that makes online play CRITICAL to the experience, suggest to me that a centralized banning system just isn't in the works. Besides other than DSiWare what would you really lose if you didn't update your 3DS or go online. They don't seem to tie firmware releases with game code so you can't 'force' users to run the latest firmware to play Pokemon Rainbow/Cloudy or whatever.

Thus currently it seems that you'd be losing DSiWare and maybe some functions like the browser and such if you don't upgrade. Whether you think these functions are critical is up to you of course. But from my perspective I don't see too much potential downside for continuing to use your Acekard2i.

dinofan01

Misses the old days...
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Personally Im not going to use it till the update. We may think we have some idea of what Nintendo will and wont do to combat piracy but in reality were clueless. Im not gonna risk it till I can get a firm confirmation rather then people intelligent guesses. Besides I have me lite if I really wanna play my ds games

EphenSteve

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
doyama said:
Take this for what it's worth. Judging from previous iterations of how Nintendo has gone about with security, it seems unlikely they've suddenly come up with some kind of coherent PSN,Xbox Live banning strategy. They seem to be more concerned about not allowing non-signed code to be executed on the hardware, rather than being pro-active in finding people. I believe the architecture issues with the Wii and DS, and the real lack of a strategic online strategy that makes online play CRITICAL to the experience, suggest to me that a centralized banning system just isn't in the works. Besides other than DSiWare what would you really lose if you didn't update your 3DS or go online. They don't seem to tie firmware releases with game code so you can't 'force' users to run the latest firmware to play Pokemon Rainbow/Cloudy or whatever.

Thus currently it seems that you'd be losing DSiWare and maybe some functions like the browser and such if you don't upgrade. Whether you think these functions are critical is up to you of course. But from my perspective I don't see too much potential downside for continuing to use your Acekard2i.
well I do want the browser and DsiWare and hopefully some kind of friend chat *not putting my hopes to high for it though* but i'm gonna feel like i missed out so much. i really love the old console classics and i'd hate to let go of them.

QUOTE(dinofan01 @ Mar 28 2011, 10:01 AM) Personally Im not going to use it till the update. We may think we have some idea of what Nintendo will and wont do to combat piracy but in reality were clueless. Im not gonna risk it till I can get a firm confirmation rather then people intelligent guesses. Besides I have me lite if I really wanna play my ds games
thats exactly the thought that keeps me in the middle of this. theres no confirm that Nintendo is going to shit but that Time log is taunting me and its winning atm. I turned my DSI XL into gamestop for 100$ off my n3ds so I kinda dont have that resolve.

dinofan01

Misses the old days...
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
EphenSteve said:
dinofan01 said:
Personally Im not going to use it till the update. We may think we have some idea of what Nintendo will and wont do to combat piracy but in reality were clueless. Im not gonna risk it till I can get a firm confirmation rather then people intelligent guesses. Besides I have me lite if I really wanna play my ds games
thats exactly the thought that keeps me in the middle of this. theres no confirm that Nintendo is going to shit but that Time log is taunting me and its winning atm. I turned my DSI XL into gamestop for 100$ off my n3ds so I kinda dont have that resolve.
I think its too much to assume that just because you can easily delete the log means Nintendo doesnt keep a hiiden file saved on the internal somewhere to possibly detect piracy. I admit a full on brick by Nintendo is unlikely but they can prevent you from using their online and services if they catch you pirating. I still think its possible for them to catch you so just wait it out with some AR games and street fighter

Oceanborn712

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Online bans and lack of firmware updates wouldn't make any sense at all. Online isn't a big thing for Nintendo's players and being unable to play a little Mario Kart on your 3DS won't prevent anyone from pirating games (or using Homebrews for that matter). Someone who's banned or not up to date will potentially hurt Nintendo more than being hurt themselves, because now the people who buy legal games every now and then (or don't pirate at all and only use flashcarts for homebrew or to have all their games with them at all times) won't be able to buy games from the eStore anymore.
Always remember: Nintendo doesn't want you to stop playing, they want you to stop pirating and buying their legit games. People with a bricked/blocked/only partially working devices will buy even less games than before but WILL keep pirating.

EphenSteve

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You are a mind reader sir. how did you know i had AR games and Street Fighter? kk joking aside yes its possible for hidden logs. they need to release a game cart like sega mega collection but every single snes game or GBC and i'll shut up about using an acekard2i. till then my card waits with anticipation.

D

Deleted User

I deleted it from both Software Library and the Daily Records thing.
...by, well, formatting the system update. Now I'm not sure what to do, because I'm wondering if the information gets sent off to Nintendo alongside the serial code of the 3DS >_>

Glisern

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
first of, most countries have laws against this. Nintendo has to follow laws in your country. If your law says that they can brick your ds with any illegal sign then i would be cautions.

Second, if you use an acekard, you condone piracy. don't be another hypocrite and say you don't whilst you do

D

Deleted User

Glisern said:
first of, most countries have laws against this. Nintendo has to follow laws in your country. If your law says that they can brick your ds with any illegal sign then i would be cautions.

Second, if you use an acekard, you condone piracy. don't be another hypocrite and say you don't whilst you do
Not necessarily. Whilst I use Acekard 2i for piracy, I have a friend online who strictly uses homebrew.

EphenSteve

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Glisern said:

DO NOT assume you know everything smart-ass. I'm a huge Nintendo fan and I've boughten every single title I've owned; 9 SNES Systems, 14 Game Boy's (including all forms) i have never pirated a nds game in my life the only time I ever pirate anything is when its not sold anymore and cant find it online. don't be an ass and turn this into a flame war its a poll, no one needs your negative two cent man grow up.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Nice nice-