Hacking Oh God! HELP!

Rk_games

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm new to the vita and I think I just killed my game. I have a copy of Dragon Quest builders vca-32084. I have been trying to dump it with vitamin 2.0. But it seems like vitamin has corrupted my game.

After it didn't dump and gave me an error, I deleted the bubble and powered off to try again. Except this time when I put my game in it installs as morphine, not dragon quest builders. I have No idea how to fix this. Anyone that might be able to help please advise.

I'm on 3.60 henkaku and using a slim. Spoofed to 3.73. It was originally installing as dragon quest builders, but won't anymore and also won't play even on stock.

Attachments

• 16353970651166514445656903254938.jpg
    16353970651166514445656903254938.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 73

eyeliner

Has an itch needing to be scratched.
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
As far as I know, and I'm wise, you cannot fornicate a cartridge like that. You are not writing to the cart, are you?

You are dumping to the memory card, right? RIGHT?

Explain what you are doing fully, my dawg. The cart has to be OK, unless you seriously messed up.

What happens when you start the game? Any message?

Rk_games

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm not sure how I would write to a vita cart. Is that an option given in vitamin 2.0?

Anyway. What I've been doing is trying to use vitamin 2.0 to dump DQB 1.

Insert cart - install as DQB
Then use vitamin to dump game. Go through the prompts and the manual launches.
Error occurs after or during the phase going back to vitamin.
At the time it still said DQB on it.
It just gives me the error message core file saved and goes back to the live screen.

I deleted the bubble and the app data folder and the error logs.

Since vitamin didn't work, I tried using Mai to see if that would work - it didn't.

Mai would do something similar but would hang at the manual and not do anything until I closed out of the app and the manual. I could wait 30 minutes. After I closed the app, it started extracting the ebook and a few other things, but never the whole game. Also I couldn't install the game from the folder whenever I tried to.

For mai I choose extract including supra.

I then went back to vitamin 2.0 since Mai failed and tried again.

Rebooted and put the cart in.
Used vitamin. Same error. So I took the game card out and reinserted (I didn't reboot so maybe that's what caused it?)

Either way it launches as morphine when inserted....

I rebooted today and deleted vitamin and Mai. Still launches as morphine.

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
could be the app.db has the game name in it, which you can change. the game name is located in the appicon table, which as the name suggests, contains the location for the .dds or .png icon that appears in the bubble. the app.db is ur0/shell/db/app.db iirc. another option is to try rebuilding the database by going into the recovery menu (R button, power button, and ps button pressed at the same time to boot up the system iirc).

Reactions: Rk_games

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
it gets the appicon table info from the appinfo table, which comes from the param.sfo. the appinfo table contains the game name in different languages. it's kinda difficult to work with the appinfo table, but I've managed to boot a vboot instead of an eboot by modifying the string. there are around 25 entries per game, perhaps more, can't remember. if the problem is in the appinfo, your best bet is to rebuild the database. be warned that rebuilding the database will remove folders, and any manual changes to the app.db.

Rk_games

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Would reformatting my memory card also fix the issue with app.db? Apart from wiping out everything that's been done. I can first try to change the name. In the app.db and rebuild the database. If none of those things work...anything else I could try?

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't think so, no. the app.db is on ur0. the memory is card is ux0. the reason they have you put tai stuff on ur0 now is because it won't change when swapping cards.

Rk_games

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
As I was investigating further into this, I saw that in the appmeta folder there is a folder that has my game on the ur0. But this is not present on my ux0. Also when I start looking at the files. I see that under ur0/appmeta/gameid/param.sfo days stittle, title and titleid is morphine. Not sure if this changes anything though.

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
the appmeta on ux0 is the encrypted version of the decrypted appmeta on ur0 iirc. it's getting that name from the game itself, so it's copying over the meta files for it. did you try editing the app.db? it will revert back if you rebuild the database though.

Rk_games

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I haven't tried editing anything yet. I had done a rebuild prior to looking at the app.db. so I guess it reverted back. Should I still take a look at the app.db since I haven't yet and game still says morphine. Would replacing the param.sf0 file with one that says DQB on it work?

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
it could be getting that info from the appmeta of ux0, not sure, but you can change the name of the game in the app.db, just will revert back after rebuilding the database. maybe you could try deleting the appmeta/title id of the game folder on ux0. I don't know if that will work or not. does the game still run? and, yes, I don't think you can modify the information on the cartridge like someone above said, so you probably didn't ruin the cartridge.

Rk_games

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
An update:

I uninstalled everything. The morphine bubble, the vitamin bubble, mai, and the directory in appdata in ur0. I then re-installed vitamin and launched it. Vitamin does show the correct name, but the game installs still as morphine. The good news in all of this, is that, the game runs and plays fine and I was even able to dump it. But the bad news is it's still called morphine lol!

So I guess next steps would be to correct the name.

Rk_games

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Update. I solved this issue, by deleting the morphine bubble and powered off. After powering on my vita it installed as DQB. So this issue is solved. Thank you everyone.

Reactions: godreborn

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I suggested you eject the game, delete the bubble, then reinsert the game. there should be no way to write to the game cartridge, so it was a mistake in the app.db. deleting the game deletes the meta data where it was getting that information from.

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think you have to eject the game first before you delete the bubble. the ps4 did something like this to me where the game disc reinstalled even after deleting the game tile, because the disc was still in the system. it reread the disc while I was in the middle, and when I tried to install the same game to both internal and external it error'd.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    LeoTCK @ LeoTCK: yes for nearly a month i was officially a wanted fugitive, until yesterday when it ended