Oh Dear.. What have I just done ?

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by 1ronlung, Dec 21, 2008.

1. 1ronlung
    OP

1ronlung GBAtemp Regular

May 17, 2008
    United States
    Right.. Just inserted need for speed undercover into my Wii (PAL)

was running 3.3E firmware

The good news for D2Pro owners is that I had all updates turned off via the latest util disk on their website, and it didn't let me run the game..just got a black screen...

Unfortunately, I'm drunk and high and decided to turn this off, so I could install the update and play the game.

Still showing 3.3E on the Wii config menu.

Can anyone tell, has this installed the so called 3.4 update for me ? (Boy, is this gonna get confusing when the 3.4 update actually comes out [​IMG] )

Tried loading the latest JAP capcom game via Geko and it still works.

Also tried Geexbox (this is all via HBC beta 9) and all is good.

I thought that 3.3 wouldn't let you play imports, period, though SSBS USA seems to work (didn't try to go past the save config screen) ?

And NO, I'm not gonna downgrade.. Besides the fact I have no inet connection, you don't get the full firmware and I'm paranoidly suspecious of this...

Answers appreciated...

Luv you (in a non-gay way), ironlung

2. Tichinde925

Tichinde925 Marth Ditto Money Match?

Jul 14, 2008
    United States
    Warwick, Rhode Island
    3.4 already came out on Nov. 17, 2008.

3.4 Allows you to play Imports but not backups (If using a backup loader) though works fine for chips.

3. 1ronlung
    OP

1ronlung GBAtemp Regular

May 17, 2008
    United States
    Thank you for setting my mind at ease, Sir !

4. ether2802

ether2802 we have the techno...!!

Former Staff
    Oct 14, 2007
    Mexico
    Pto. Vallarta
    Need For Speed has the 3.1 update, the disc just installed the IOS55 - 53 - 38, and stop smoking and playing with your Wii [​IMG] , you should smoke and play with your GAMES..!! [​IMG]

5. Zeek03

Zeek03 GBAtemp Fan

Sep 1, 2008
    United States
    USA

.... [​IMG] uh... yeah! What he said... [​IMG]

6. 1ronlung
    OP

1ronlung GBAtemp Regular

May 17, 2008
    United States
    Not arguing with you, cos you seem to know a shite load more than me, but how come's it installed a 3.1 update when I'm running 3.3 ?

On a side note.. Once the game starts I keep getting errors that the Wii can't read the disk. Burnt as usual on verbs at 2x with imgburn.. Just wondering if it's a finicky game or if I just got unlucky ? Other games are still fine, uncluding dual layer, so it's not the laser (phew!) Have deleted and can't be bothered to re-d/l. From what I saw, it looks like a PS2 launch title

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice