Hacking OFW 8.1 to 9.0 - How do I do it?

Solutioni9e

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
In light of some really good games coming out later this month, I'm looking to upgrade my Switch's OFW to 9.0. I'm currently running Hekate with Atmosphere on OFW 8.1.0. I previously had OFW 4.1.0 and used Choi to download the 8.1.0 files and upgrade. Worked flawlessly.

Would I use ChoiDujour to update to 9.0? Or better yet, 9.0.1 has been released. Should I wait to update? Something tells me it isn't as easy and there's a lot more steps in do.

Reactions: NoNAND

pLaYeR^^

Doctor Switch
Trophies
XP
Country
Austria
I think you mean you run CFW (Atmosphere) in SysNAND (eMMC). If you want to update, you can use ChoiDujourNX to update to 9.0.1. But I don't think many games need 9.0.1 yet.

Reactions: Solutioni9e

Solutioni9e

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think you mean you run CFW (Atmosphere) in SysNAND (eMMC). If you want to update, you can use ChoiDujourNX to update to 9.0.1. But I don't think many games need 9.0.1 yet.
Oh yeah that's what I meant! And yes, I'm just really wanting to play Witcher 3 (as I'm sure a lot of people in here do) but just wanted to take precaution. I haven't had a single issue with 8.1.0 and all the games are running perfectly.

Taorn

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Oh yeah that's what I meant! And yes, I'm just really wanting to play Witcher 3 (as I'm sure a lot of people in here do) but just wanted to take precaution. I haven't had a single issue with 8.1.0 and all the games are running perfectly.

Don't update until you really need to. You're just causing unnecessary trouble for yourself.

If you still insist then take a full backup first.

NoNAND

Give me back my legions!
Trophies
XP
Country
Albania
You will have to update in a similar manner like you did in the past; place the firmware files on the root of your SD card, launch choidujournx and proceed from there on afterwards.
AutoRCM should be kept on at all times if you intend to keep the fuses intact.
make sure you're on a reliable SD card, and make sure to remove any custom themes before proceeding.
making a nand backup would be really handy in case anything goes wrong.

Reactions: Solutioni9e

Solutioni9e

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You will have to update in a similar manner like you did in the past; place the firmware files on the root of your SD card, launch choidujournx and proceed from there on afterwards.
AutoRCM should be kept on at all times if you intend to keep the fuses intact.
make sure you're on a reliable SD card, and make sure to remove any custom themes before proceeding.
making a nand backup would be really handy in case anything goes wrong.

Cool, thanks for the explanation!

Reactions: NoNAND

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: This movie rip so werid has 1080p quality but the audios ripped with movie theater audio quality