OFW 6.30 savegame exploit?

fgghjjkll

GBATemp MegaMan
OP
Trophies
XP
Well, here we go again guys. Hot on the heels of the recently released PSARDumper for the official firmware 6.30, homebrew dev jeerum has dropped by QJ's forums to show off a potential savegame exploit for the said firmware. Fake or legit? You decide.

Update:

It looks like Sony has yet to patch J416DY's recent game exploit as new video was recently posted by mamosuke to show off the said exploit still works on OFW 6.30, but unfortunately according to wololo over at the LAN.ST forums:
QUOTE said:
mamosuke is not a lier, the exploit is real.
Unfortunately it is an exploit in a game, so it is useless for most people:
psp2000/3000 owners can stay in 6.20, and pspgo owner won't be able to buy the game because it will be patched on the psn if its name is ever made public.
Source

fgghjjkll

GBATemp MegaMan
OP
Trophies
XP
GreatCrippler said:
Seems legit... albeit pointless. Until I see a Custom firmware 6.xx on the PsP Go, or later 3ks, I am mor than content with my 2k goodness.
Sometimes, many teams find the same exploit. And then one of the teams release the exploit which should never have been released at all. If you're lucky, some one will find it and release it. If you're even luckier, the original team may utilise this exploit usefully and release it maybe when a later firmware comes out
tongue.gif

SifJar

Not a pirate
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I'd say its real all right, but I don't think its too useful, as with the second exploit detailed in the first post, it's game based, and Sony can patch the game on PSN very quickly if the name of game is revealed.

VashTS

Beat it, son
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
people need to learn how to keep a secret if they ever want exploits to get released. why release it if sony will just shut it down.

SifJar

Not a pirate
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
VashTS said:
people need to learn how to keep a secret if they ever want exploits to get released. why release it if sony will just shut it down.
its not released, and its not shown what game the exploits are in (could be the same one, could be different ones, who knows?). So Sony can't patch it yet.

Excellentnuke

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
DeltaBurnt said:
Excellentnuke said:
This is kinda pointless without anyone working on a CFW. The v83 motherboards can't get permanent CFW yet anyway.

I guarantee you they'll probably never get permanent CFW.
I know. DaX quit and GEN hasn't done anything in a while. At least people are working on stuff to keep the scene alive like Prometheus and integrating it in GEN D3.

fgghjjkll

GBATemp MegaMan
OP
Trophies
XP
Maybe people can actually get perm CFW on TA088v3/TA091V2 motherboards if they could actuallY break the KIRK encryption and dump the IPL. Many people have tried different things. even to the extremes where people rip apart the hardware so they can use their jtag machines on them. If you manage to dump the IPL, send it to someone well known immediately and you will be hailed god for dumping the IPL.

Arwen20

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I hope one will be found. I won't be updating my psp go to 6.30 until I can use bookr. I knew this would be patched eventually. If sony would offer an application that would allow the user to read .pdfs and other e-books, then I would happily update and purchase it. Why must homebrew applications be condemned.

wes11ph

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Afghanistan
there many exploits on psp scene even those latest firmwares, it's just that the hacker that discover it doesn's want it to make it into public. it's better to be in secret rather than be patched by sony.

wes11ph

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Afghanistan
Excellentnuke said:
DeltaBurnt said:
Excellentnuke said:
This is kinda pointless without anyone working on a CFW. The v83 motherboards can't get permanent CFW yet anyway.

I know. DaX quit and GEN hasn't done anything in a while. At least people are working on stuff to keep the scene alive like Prometheus and integrating it in GEN D3.

DaX quited? really?

thegame07

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
wes11ph said:
Excellentnuke said:
DeltaBurnt said:
Excellentnuke said:

DaX quited? really?

Don't blame him, idiots constantly asking him when the next update will be and annoying him 24 hours a day. If only people just left him alone and let him make the firmware in his own time. He probably wouldn't have quit.

fgghjjkll

GBATemp MegaMan
OP
Trophies
XP
That's the risk of being a well known developer/hacker huh?
Dragonminded got so fed up with people asking for ridiculous feature requests, he basically ditched DSO at 3.2
tongue.gif

Guys, Many exploits have been rendered useless since the introduction of the 6.xx firmware.
Sure DAX has shut down his forums and has basically disappeared from the scene. But is he really dead? I wouldn't say a developer/hacker is "dead" unless he says so himself. The recent interview with Mathlieu (Can't spell his name right.) says Team M33 has been disbanded, but who knows? We might get a new OE cfw in the future. Darkfadr supposedly is dead, but someone well connected to the DS Scene says he's working on something big.

DAX isn't really dead unless he says so himself. One of the reasons why i'm still on 5.00M33-6.

SifJar

Not a pirate
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
fgghjjkll said:
Dragonminded got so fed up with people asking for ridiculous feature requests, he basically ditched DSO at 3.2
tongue.gif

Actually I think it was because the source code got leaked, and he was annoyed, so abandoned it.

QUOTE(fgghjjkll @ Jul 2 2010, 07:12 AM) Darkfadr supposedly is dead, but someone well connected to the DS Scene says he's working on something big.

Can you tell us who said this, and when?

fgghjjkll

GBATemp MegaMan
OP
Trophies
XP
SifJar said:
fgghjjkll said:
tongue.gif

Actually I think it was because the source code got leaked, and he was annoyed, so abandoned it.

QUOTE(fgghjjkll @ Jul 2 2010, 07:12 AM) Darkfadr supposedly is dead, but someone well connected to the DS Scene says he's working on something big.

Can you tell us who said this, and when?
TeenDev and... a few months ago.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • HiradeGirl @ HiradeGirl:
    @BigOnYa are you on OnlyFans?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    He gets his ramming funds from onlyfans
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yea but my total income is negative, lol
    I would pay for watching someone eat food from the floor.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa, stop spending the videos' budget on food
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    No I've never even been to the site(honestly) but have heard of it
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I'm half way at my savings for a new move
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Like a karate move? The flying dragon is cool.
    @BigOnYa if you've never been to the site how do you know about its contents?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Can he do a shoryuken?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @HiradeGirl, cuz of people mentioning it everywhere
    +1
    Someone here introduced me to it. Not gonna say who.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Everybody knows what that site about, and you can't read normal news anymore without hearing about it
    But it's degrading and disgusting.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @HiradeGirl, was it Juan?
    Juan who?
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Its just seductive pics right? I mean they don't show nudity, do they?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @HiradeGirl, you know who is juan
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    isn't onlyfans just another creepy site of fake AI generated ''women''?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Not Ai women but women who's bodies are walking Atm machines
    +1
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    sounds like scam bait
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    so they collect ''donations''?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Well gofundme doesn't accept vagina they just do that off the site
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    guess they just sell spicy fling material
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    i wonder what kinda desperate depraved beings even need to go there
    ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21: i wonder what kinda desperate depraved beings even need to go there