Official Triforce Multiplayer Donation Thread

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by seam, Apr 30, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. seam
    OP

seam GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Jan 23, 2011
    United States
    austin texas
    After speaking with crediar recently he explained that not only is integrating Triforce into Nintendont a possibility, which could eliminate lag by caching certain files per game, but that implementing MULTIPLAYER is indeed a possibility as well. Assuming he could get his hands on the actual Triforce hardware.

Which brings us to the point of this thread.
    This hardware can be obtained for approximately 400euros, and I am starting a donation effort to help crediar acquire just that.

Getting Triforce to run on a Wii was no easy feat in the first place, considering that none of the original hardware was available for analysis.
    Getting multiplayer running however isn't going to happen unless these things can be obtained. I'll personally be handling
    any and all donations for this effort, so for anyone interested please do not hesitate to ask me questions in this thread, or via PM. And for those of you who don't know me, I'm sure that both FIX94(of wiiflow, and currently Nintendont as well) and crediar himself can vouch for me.

Crediar has assured me that with the acquisition of the actual Triforce hardware we will see full Triforce support in Nintendont, which means Triforce running on Wii(with and without gc ports, and the Wii family edition) as well as running on the WiiU. Also any lag that had existed in Quadforce should be eliminated as well. And finally, with the actual Triforce hardware, getting multiplayer running for Triforce on Nintendont could now be a reality.

I'll be updating this OP with current donation status as often as possible. And again, any questions can be asked in this
    thread or PM'd to me directly.

Thank you.
    Heres a sneak preview of Triforce running on WiiU (very early stage)

UPDATE #1: After a very long 24hours we finally achieved our goal of 400euros. Thanks for your time!

2. nukeboy95

nukeboy95 Leave luck to heaven.

Aug 24, 2010
    United States
    not sure
    I know good things could happen from this but may i remind everyone of the 3ds fundraiser.

3. geishroy

geishroy Suspended

Suspended
    Dec 10, 2008
    United States
    this button sure does look familiar =P

gl on the donations guys!

4. Cell247

Cell247 Prickly Goomba

Newcomer
    Nov 26, 2008
    United States
    ATX
    I know I've been wanting this. I'll be donating.

5. WiiUBricker

WiiUBricker Insert Custom Title

Sep 19, 2009
    Argentina
    Espresso
    You mean there is a chance that crediar buggers off with the donations without delivering? Yeah, it's definitely a possibility since that exact same thing happened with DML, right?

FIX94 and clarky like this.
  6. markehmus

markehmus GBAtemp Maniac

Jul 26, 2008
    Canada
    in the GAME
    that would make for a nice addition

7. VinsCool

VinsCool Comfortably Numb

GBAtemp Patron
    VinsCool is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Jan 7, 2014
    Canada
    Another World
    Could be great, I hope this would be reality :)

Oishikatta likes this.
  8. Taleweaver

Taleweaver Storywriter

Dec 23, 2009
    Belgium
    Belgium
    I do have two questions here:

1. what exactly is 'multiplayer'? Does this mean local splitscreen multiplayer (race against the guy next to you on your couch), or remotely connect to another wii(u) to play against someone there? :unsure:
    2. what will happen with any excess of money?

To be honest, I don't really care for triforce. It's less than a handful of games and there's pretty much no way anyone can legally play them (no, I don't have an original arcade machine in my home). I do think of donating, though, for the simple reason that it's Crediar. Earlier, I donated for DML (if I recall correctly...it might also have been the very first gamecube savegame emulation). Not because I wanted or even expected it to work but because preloader and sneek were such great programs. Likewise, I would now donate some, not because I like triforce or quadforce so much (I never even tried it) but because he released the source for nintendon't.

(and God, do I feel like a fanboy right now :shy:).

9. Jayro

Jayro MediCat USB and Mini Windows 10 Developer

GBAtemp Patron
    Jayro is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Jul 23, 2012
    United States
    Octo Canyon
    What the hell is this Triforce hardware I keep seeing in these threads?

10. seam
    OP

Jan 23, 2011
    United States
    austin texas
    "multiplayer" will more than likely be achieved by linking 2 wii's or wiiu's together. Whether this is done wirelessly or via cable somehow, it is way too soon to say for certain. And whether or not it will work locally only, or be able to remotely connect, again, way to soon to say. Splitscreen multiplayer is not a possibility as the original hardware does not allow for this.

There wont be any excess money issues. When the goal is close to being reached I'll make sure to announce it.

Cell247 likes this.
  11. Qtis

Qtis Grey Knight Inquisitor

Feb 28, 2010
    The Forge
  12. seam
    OP

Jan 23, 2011
    United States
    austin texas
    Cell247 likes this.
  13. Foxi4

Foxi4 On the hunt...

pip Reporter
    Sep 13, 2009
    Poland
    Gaming Grotto
    I would feel more comfortable if crediar himself spoke up and encouraged/discouraged the fund raiser.

14. crediar

crediar Possiblenator

Mar 5, 2006
    Some might not know this but all Triforce related work by me has been done without any real Triforce HW.

That resulted in a lot of hacks and that some thing aren't working right.
    Those things are just to hard to figure out by just looking at the game code and guess.

Getting the HW would also mean less or no more hacks and that you can access the settings of games and save high scores and of course multiplayer.

I already took a look at it and there are just too many commands for network stuff and the games have no debug info.

Furthermore since we have now IOS running we can simply use the socket functions from it.

More RAM also allows us to cache files to reduce lag in the games (see my youtube videos for examples).

I am crediar and this my favourite thread on gbatemp.

oddMLan, bm123456, Cell247 and 3 others like this.
  15. jahad
    This message by jahad has been removed from public view by raulpica, May 1, 2014, Reason: Useless / Off-Topic -rp.
    May 1, 2014
  16. crediar

crediar Possiblenator

Mar 5, 2006
    Well I guess that's it, someone donated 400EUR :grog:

(lock thread)

17. Cell247

Cell247 Prickly Goomba

Newcomer
    Nov 26, 2008
    United States
    ATX
  18. naxil

naxil GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Oct 26, 2011
    Italy
    wow!!!!! soon ninforce?? special release? or directly integration with nintendont?

19. duffmmann

duffmmann GBAtemp Psycho!

Mar 11, 2009
    United States
    Wow, I only just saw this thread, but thats awesome! I love the work you've done with Triforce already Crediar. But I'm curious, for the Mario Kart and F-Zero games, you'll be able to have them go multiplayer, does that mean they'll go splitscreen? I know thats not how the arcade machines were setup, as each machine had its own screen and if they were connected could be played against each other. I don't know much of anything about programming so I'm just intrigued on how this will work.

20. VashTS

VashTS Beat it, son

Mar 14, 2009
    United States
    Upstate NY
    god speed crediar! may the tri-FORCE be with you. :huh:

Plstic likes this.
  21. PeeJay Bonobo

PeeJay Bonobo Advanced Member

Newcomer
    May 10, 2014
    United States
    Far Rockaway, New York
    So, the possibility of multiplayer and high score tables have finally opened up.... I can barely wait to see if Dolphin Triforce will have that implemented once Nintendon't gets both. I'll even go as far as looking for a PlayStation 2 Steering Wheel for MKAGP2.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.