• Views 50,751
  • Replies 182
  • Likes 2

WhenThen

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
With the V112 update one can use the settings file to set a default private header.

Changelog:
2.Added the "DEFAULT_GAMESAVE_KEY=" in settings.txt file, to set your own private header shared for all online games play.

Does someone know how to configure this?

Redferne

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
With the V112 update one can use the settings file to set a default private header.

Changelog:
2.Added the "DEFAULT_GAMESAVE_KEY=" in settings.txt file, to set your own private header shared for all online games play.

Does someone know how to configure this?
You mean like:
- Update with the latest firmware
- Put back the card in 3DS to update settings.txt
- add your private header to the new settings.txt

Took me more time to write this than actually doing it myself...

Stardotstar

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Wow, thats better than what I'm getting with my card. it's taking about 8~ seconds to swap games.

Oh no! You've got to wait an extra 3 seconds - how are you going to cope? God get a life, how often are you changing games anyway? Don't forget if you want to go from say game 1 on your SD to game 5 you just push the orange button 4 times ie just one waiting period. You don't have to wait for an extra 3 x 8 seconds, that would be just too much I'm sure.

bboyjestr

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
after reading through this forum and 20 other ones, the only solution to get a rom that is 4gb into the sky3ds+ is to trim it....i trimmed mh4u and that allowed me to add the game, but now i can't go online. Is there a way to get the game in with all its features? can i not make my cake and eat it too? will krillin ever have the ability to stop sucking? Find out on the next episode of DBZ lol....please help :):bow::yay3ds:

ahro23

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm having a couple issues I'm hoping you guys could help me out with.

First: Is anyone noticing a decreased standby battery life with their Sky3DS+ cart in an old 3DS XL? When I first got my microSD cards set up and left my 3DS on the counter (at like ~70-80% battery life), I came back the next day to play some games and noticed it was on its last bar and yelling at me to plug it in. I contacted Sky3DS to see if they had heard of any other users running into this issue and they responded with a "no." Just figured I'd try you guys.

Also, is anyone having any issues with newer games not running in 3D? I'm trying to run Hyrule Warriors Legends and Final Fantasy Explorers and neither of these games will run in 3D successfully. I can adjust the slider just fine it just won't do anything to the screen. Just wanted to check. Thanks in advance :)

hudhair

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi, I updated my sky3ds+ to v111 and then to 112/the latest but it wont work anymore. It updated to 111 fine but wont update to 112 for some reason. Any ideas?

ahro23

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think FFExplorers does not have any kind of 3D
I just did some quick research and saw that's the case. I did hear the 3D feature impacts the performance for Hyrule Warriors Legends but it's weird that it doesn't do anything at all for my old 3DS XL. I usually have it turned down to the minimum anyway but I just wanted to see if anyone else was running into this issue in case something was starting to go bad on my handheld. Thank you for the reply!

EDIT: Apparently I didn't do my search properly -- when I specifically looked for whether or not the 3D feature works in Hyrule Warriors Legends for the old 3DS or the XL, the first result that came up did confirm that they did this to maintain playable frame rates. The 3D does work for the newer 3DS though so maybe it's time for me to upgrade lol

Last edited by ahro23,

elcucomaruco

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Could anyone help out with this problem we are having? Our sky3ds+ will NOT generate a CFG file!!!! We extracted the private header already and we followed all the steps but it will only generated the .sav file and no ,cfg file. Is there a way we can create the .cfg file? Thanks!

j3yps

Trophies
XP
Country
Could anyone help out with this problem we are having? Our sky3ds+ will NOT generate a CFG file!!!! We extracted the private header already and we followed all the steps but it will only generated the .sav file and no ,cfg file. Is there a way we can create the .cfg file? Thanks!

The latest firmware doesn't generate a .CFG file anymore, you should put your header on the settings.txt file beside "DEFAULT_GAMESAVE_KEY="

j3yps

Trophies
XP
Country
Yes it does, you just need to make sure you have the following line in your settings.txt file:

CREATE_PER_GAME_SETTINGS=1

I meant the STOCK latest firmware. so you need to add that line to be able to generate a .cfg file.

Thanks for clarifying.

Last edited by j3yps,

csalvator

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi all, I just got a Sky3DS+ and am having some issues. I formatted my sandisk sd card to fat32 and tried to update sky3ds+ with firmware v112, but it kept flashing green for at least half an hour before I pulled out the usb cable. Then I freaked out after reading that that might damage my cartridge, but I tried a second time and pulled it out again after it kept flashing for maybe an hour.

I was sure I corrupted my cartridge- I formatted my sd card again and put sky3ds+ into my 3ds, and it doesn't generate a settings.txt. But, I tried attaching a different usb cable (read about someone with a similar problem and they fixed it by using a different usb cable) and trying to update it again, and this time a white light flashed for a few seconds, and now it's the same damn green light flashing. I don't want to pull out again if it could damage my cartridge. Any idea of what this means and what I should do?

EDIT: My windows 8 pc has not detected sky3ds+ any of the times I have plugged it in. Also forgive me being a pleb.

Last edited by csalvator,

UsualNoise

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Anyone have a solution for restoring game saves from an older sky3ds to the plus? I had backed up all saves using "backup save2" with DiskWriter but not all seem to work. I just got my sky3ds+ which i updated and copied over the games and saves. The two saves I'm more concerned about are Link Between Worlds and Yokai Watch, My Bravely Default backup save worked fine.

I have a similar problem. I'm currently transferring saves from the original sky3ds to the sky3ds+. Used the 'backup save2' method, but some games aren't working. OOT3D is not, for example. Smash Bros and Crosswords Plus worked OK. My first guess was Ocarina of Time used an encrypted save so I found the private ID for my save and put it in the GAMESAVE_KEY= field (I verified via a hex editor that the save file contains the same hex ID). This still did not work. Does the ENC_TYPE need to be modified? Has anyone else solved this particular problem?

UsualNoise

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've now put all my games (that had previous saves on Sky3DS) on the Sky3DS+, here are the ones that worked:

Crosswords Plus
Smash Bros
Mario Kart 7

Here are the ones that said "corrupted save":

Ocarina of Time
Luigi's Mansion Dark Moon
New Super Mario Bros 2
Super Mario 3D Land
Link Between Worlds

All of the saves are working properly on the blue button Sky3DS, and the only thing I did to transfer was use the "Backup Save2" action on DiskWriter 2.03b4 for each of the games listed above.

I've also tried using the original save from the cartridge (dumped via Gateway's launcher.dat on an older system) and that save was just ignored (not corrupted, just ignored completely).

If anyone has any better level of experience with the Sky3DS+ I'd really appreciate any help on getting the saves to work. I'm proficient with a hex editor, but haven't been able to get it working. For the number of games that DON'T work it seems like a bug somewhere on Sky3DS's end.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Hmm, looking at the list I posted I noticed one other interesting thing. All the games that worked have only 1 available save slot. All the games that failed have 3 available slots. That doesn't seem like a coincidence, does it? On the 3 slot games I have either 1 or 2 occupied, but I'm not sure if that matters.

UsualNoise

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I tried several other things but wasn't able to edit my save2-generated multislot files to work. I even had Sky3DS+ create a new save file with the correct private header and tried simply hex-replacing the portion that comes directly from the original cartridge... still no go.

I finally got all the saves back (except OOT) by running svdt via Homebrew using the info I found here:

https://www.reddit.com/r/SKY3DS/comments/43w0ou/transfer_game_save_to_game_on_sky3ds/

Unfortunately Ocarina of Time simply hangs svdt when I try to run it, so I'm still left stumped on how to get either the original cart save OR the blue button Sky3DS save transferred to the Sky3DS+. (FYI I also tried the older save_manager utility but that also hung with OOT.)

Hopefully what I've found so far will be useful to others who find themselves in this situation.

EmperorOfCanada

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Question about skycard+

If I have a .3ds of a game that comes with a firmware update with it, does it act like the normal cart would, can you use skycard to update firmware if necessary?

UsualNoise

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've now put all my games (that had previous saves on Sky3DS) on the Sky3DS+, here are the ones that worked:

Crosswords Plus
Smash Bros
Mario Kart 7

Here are the ones that said "corrupted save":

Ocarina of Time
Luigi's Mansion Dark Moon
New Super Mario Bros 2
Super Mario 3D Land
Link Between Worlds

<snip>

For the number of games that DON'T work it seems like a bug somewhere on Sky3DS's end.

FYI - Sky3DS support responded to my question about this issue; they said they were working on it and hope to have a fix with the next DiskWriter release. Here's hoping!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21: Pretty sure anyone buying the switch just for that got duped