kylum

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
not sure
i only use sx os
--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

I don't have the blue screen issue :/ Boots up just fine (OFW 5.1) and I have used SX OS before. I formatted my SD card Fat32 and everything works fine :)

4.1.0, don't have SX, have only used hekate, SD formatted to Exfat

Last edited by kylum,

youngc29

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Just tried, my own compiled version and the one linked in the youtube video and another earlier in these posts. All result in blue screen after logo/meme. This is brand new out the box switch v3.0.1. Exfat sdcard, hekate worked fine when I took my NAND backup as that's the only thing I have done so far.

Nevercholt

Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
Netherlands
Just tried, my own compiled version and the one linked in the youtube video and another earlier in these posts. All result in blue screen after logo/meme. This is brand new out the box switch v3.0.1. Exfat sdcard, hekate worked fine when I took my NAND backup as that's the only thing I have done so far.

Same for you, you may want to try fat32 instead of exfat

Edit: Also, Rei said that ReiNX didn't work on their developer switch running OFW 3.x.x so...

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Why no one yes hacked SX OS and dicovery how signature patches works? I mean maybe there's no signature patch at all and SX OS uses layeredfs to play games idk.
It's called obfuscation. They coded the CFW in such a way that any idiot with a pirated IDA Pro can't see what it's actually doing. The same reason no one's been able to replicate Gateway's .3ds file loader or cheat engine.

Lacius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Why no one yes hacked SX OS and dicovery how signature patches works? I mean maybe there's no signature patch at all and SX OS uses layeredfs to play games idk.
There are signature patches in SX OS, and multiple people have largely discovered how they work. Instead of cracking SX OS, it's better (and easier) to make an open-source CFW that applies signature patches. That's where ReiNX is supposed to come in. In theory, it should include all of the benefits of SX OS and more, but without any of the baggage.

dkabot

Better With Others' Systems Than Their Own
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's called obfuscation. They coded the CFW in such a way that any idiot with a pirated IDA Pro can't see what it's actually doing. The same reason no one's been able to replicate Gateway's .3ds file loader or cheat engine.
The unpack apparently fixed that, it just turns out and idiot with pirated IDA Pro still has no idea what they're doing.
Those that do (Rei) managed to see everything just fine.

Reactions: Bargy

kylum

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Same for you, you may want to try fat32 instead of exfat

Edit: Also, Rei said that ReiNX didn't work on their developer switch running OFW 3.x.x so...

If this is the case Rei will have to fix this because we will need exfat once .xci and .nsps are working. Please correct me if im wrong!

robertsoma

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
. This is brand new out the box switch v3.0.1. Exfat sdcard, hekate worked fine when I took my NAND backup as that's the only thing I have done so far.
Your switch doesn't have the exfat Update then. Maybe that's the error, after booting.
Try formatting it to fat32

Nevercholt

Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
Netherlands
Did you test this?

I'm not bothered either way as I use sxos, but it's possible to compile without error but still be non-working.

Yes that zip file works and is the same one I used in my video tutorial :)

When Github gets updated I will provide the latest compiled version of ReiNX if anyone is interested

Lacius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@Reisyukaku
Will this remain a closed source project?
It's open-source. The only thing that's closed-source (for now) is the signature patches, and I think that's because Reisyukaku doesn't want someone forking them into a renamed CFW that overshadows ReiNX before they're done.

Tilde88

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's open-source. The only thing that's closed-source (for now) is the signature patches, and I think that's because Reisyukaku doesn't want someone forking them into a renamed CFW that overshadows ReiNX before they're done.

I would compile it with sig check patches baked in, but not release it.... Not at all hard to do, but of course,someone would fudge it all.

:(

Reactions: Lacius

Lacius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I would compile it with sig check patches baked in, but not release it.... Not at all hard to do, but of course,someone would fudge it all.

:(
I would have done the same thing, especially since that's what's already being done with the kip files.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: ... that's rough buddy